Cowleys get them in

53 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Pigs and wilder 

Dean Smith and villa 

Wilder has the blunts in league 1 and was allowed a couple of seasons to assemble a title challenge. 

Dean Smith had been already doing a fantastic job in the championship to start with for years. 

These guys haven't even had a dozen games in league 1 yet. 

If they take the reighns here I'll back them and give them time. 

Hopefully they'll have spotted/scouted  a few young league one gems, especially a left back and a nasty monster of a midfielder in the short time they've been there. 

21 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Cowley would be in my top three and would much rather have him than  Pulis.

Done very well in the lower leagues and it's a forward looking move.

My only concern is look at Paul Hurst and Nathan Jones. I just hope he doesn't bring players from league one and two who aren't up to it.

How must Bullen feel though someone who's never managed at this level getting the job over him.

I love Bullen but think it might be time to cut ties, let him get a job else where, and let him come back as a fan whenever he likes!

On the flip side there are your Wilders and Dean Smiths . 

Certainly different to the kind of manager we usually go for

I have my reservations though, he's a decent manager by all accounts looking at the success he's had but one thing is managing Lincoln and another a big club like ourselves with high expectations

I remember Paul Hurst was highly thought of before he went to Ipswich and Nathan Jones at Luton who can't buy a win at Stoke at the moment

I'm not being negative but realistic. There is nothing to suggest he is capable of managing a club like Wednesday

I hope he accepts our offer and does well but time will tell

1 hour ago, kevtheowl said:

Danny Crowley will down at Hillsborough later this week for more talks, from what I’ve been told it’s looking the real deal. UTO 

Didn’t you say Rowett was at the training ground, we’d never even made contact.

I don’t believe anyone on here anymore, even the alleged ‘proper ITKers’

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

Certainly different to the kind of manager we usually go for

I have my reservations though, he's a decent manager by all accounts looking at the success he's had but one thing is managing Lincoln and another a big club like ourselves with high expectations

I remember Paul Hurst was highly thought of before he went to Ipswich and Nathan Jones at Luton who can't buy a win at Stoke at the moment

I'm not being negative but realistic. There is nothing to suggest he is capable of managing a club like Wednesday

I hope he accepts our offer and does well but time will tell

If DC thinks he can do the job and he takes over here, then I'll back him and be patient. 

Though like you I have my reservations, 

Besides Jones and hurst. 

We also got ourselves jewel, wislon and laws, who at the times were young up and coming managers building a big reputation, laws to be fair didn't have the best of circumstances to work here. 

The other two were a total disaster. 

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Not an easy option to take we ain't no massive pull now..

If they get lincoln up this year..and no reason to doubt they won't, they could pick any club in the champ, lower prem next yr...prob newcastle

lol

Maybe they have heard you can get a " Pull" on the Kop on matchdays ,and that has convinced them. 

12 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Not really but just another view from a forum and obviously one who doesn't want them to leave.

He knows that if they do leave Lincoln will gave a hard time replacing them. Also just lost two on the bounce before Saturday coincidence?

9 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Must admit as Cowleys have turned down Huddersfield and WBA he may not come but then why enter talks? It's not like Lincoln are gonna say OK we'll bump up your salary to anything like they're offering. Indeed they are prepared to take the compo. Must say though they do appear loyal pity Bruce didn't have that trait.

Lump some on mate.

Its happening