Bullen Out

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

I’ve seen enough. Not gonna apologise for a negative slant on the night but it has to be said. 

We need someone in if we’re going to challenge this season. 

Thanks Lee, nowt personal 

Not even gonna read the rest of the thread. Just gonna stick my neck out and call you a wee pipe!

Guest gizowl

Some strange decisions team wise, Fox especially first half dreadful, Reach in a position that doesn't suit him when we've got Fessi that excels playing there then brings winnall on before fessi or Nuhui,poor substitutions on Saturday cost us a point, I know we're top but we're not playing to our potential. We really should be getting at least a point at Preston with the strength of our squad, but still to be convinced Bullen will get things right. HOPE IM WRONG , but certainly too early to think about giving him the permanent manager role. 

4 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Some strange decisions team wise, Fox especially first half dreadful, Reach in a position that doesn't suit him when we've got Fessi that excels playing there then brings winnall on before fessi or Nuhui,poor substitutions on Saturday cost us a point, I know we're top but we're not playing to our potential. We really should be getting at least a point at Preston with the strength of our squad, but still to be convinced Bullen will get things right. HOPE IM WRONG , but certainly too early to think about giving him the permanent manager role. 

Fessi does not excel in an attacking midfield 3 position...... Reach doesn't, but to say Fessi should have replaced him in the midfield 3 when Kieran got rested is ludicrous. Luongo should have

12 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Scored a great goal at Huddersfield in an important game. 

I'll give you 2 more words Keith Tracey. 

Ranger scored the last goal we scored in L1. Tracey scored the free kick at Brentford. Both played a part. 

Back on topic - can see both sides of the coin, but results are what matter surely.

I also like that we've generally looked solid and really organised at the back bar a few errors. He's done a cracking job and we look miles better than I expected in truth. Thrown in the deep end and has coped really well when it could easily have been an utter poo show. Makes me think the players clearly respect him, which is seemingly half the battle in football today (see Paul Pogba...) 

My concern is what happens if we lose a couple of games. Fan base looks ripe to implode again and it will only be our collective loss if it does. 

(Also, for those after a big name, go have a word with a couple of Derby fans after losing at home tonight with cocu at the helm. Bet their spitting feathers!) 

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We were bob, though, and better teams would have had us over.

Or, they might not have, You don't know this.  Hell it's the championship where anyone can beat anyone on any day regardless of league position. Whose to say that when we play a more open, expansive team, we won't counter attack and exploit the gaps, and ruin them. You can't, neither can I. 

Well done LB! 3 wins from 4. Excellent start.

My concern is that the pre-season was largely some one else's, the signings were someone else's and the game plan is probably someone else's.

What will LB do when the plan needs to change through injury or suspension or lack of form.

What will LB do in the January transfer window.

I'm not knocking the start he's made but he's driving someone else's car at the moment.

Edited by Rev Owl

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Not third from bottom then? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

The last two words I have to say on this subject are: Nile Ranger.

No, we were 3rd when he took over, and he took us from 3rd to 2nd.  There’s nothing to “agree to disagree” with there.

I won’t argue that he bottled it the season after, and if that’s what you meant then fair enough, but make it clearer.  

Nile Ranger was not a bad signing for us at the time.

2 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Well done LB! 3 wins from 4. Excellent start.

My concern is that the pre-season was largely some one else's, the signings were someone else's and the game plan is probably someone else's.

What will LB do when the plan needs to change through injury or suspension or lack of form.

What will LB do in the January transfer window.

I'm not knocking the start he's made but he's driving someone else's car at the moment.

Aye!

and the Sat Nav states, point of interest = Top of the league.

• Like 1

What gets me though, some of you talk as if a new manager would guarantee us win after win. Like Rowett or Neil etc.. would be the obvious answer to promotion. 

Bullen is doing a grand job so far. If it breaks, try and fix it then. Ever considered a new manager, whoever it may be, might balls it up and put us back to square one.

1 hour ago, basegreenowl said:

He was given his first big coaching role at S6 under Stuart Gray if I recall. Do you think he could lure Stuart back to work with him? And would DC back such a move as he shifted SG on? I rate Gray as a defensive coach. Power to Fulham getting him back. Do people think he could return due to his past links with Lee. Bullen/Gray 1 and 2? I'd be rather happy with that. 

1)Why would he leave Fulham on a very good salary

2) he was sacked by DC so why would he come back

4 hours ago, marcx666 said:

NoNo DC is supposed to pay you to go to the game, and handjobs for everyone on the kop

How does that work? One volunteer for each paying fan? That would surely mean overcrowding...

Or everyone help the person next to them?

Think I'll stick to the South Stand either way...

4 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

My other concern is that if Bullen is appointed on his own and he fails on his own, this club would lose one of its key men and best assets.

A top class coach and trusted club man that would be massively difficult to replace.

Whereas managers are only as good as their last 6 - 8 games.

This a really good point. LB is a rare breed in football 

7 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Keep clapping. No probs with that. 

We’ve beat 2 newly promoted teams and a team that was almost relegated last season. We failed to get a point against a pretty well drilled 10 man Millwall. 

He seems to have a great great plan A with the 2 wingers but nothing more. We end the game only 1-0 up with Winnall as a sole striker? Playing Reach in the very position Nando was made for? 

Reach is Bullen’s blindspot. I think he feels because he runs a lot of km in a game, he has to be in the side. Yes, before the Reach lovers start, he can influence games but his influence is inconsistent at best and with no certain position in the side where you definitely play him, week in, week out, therein lies the problem for me.

On his showings from the bench so far, I’d be looking to integrate Luongo in the starting 11 sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

I’ve seen enough. Not gonna apologise for a negative slant on the night but it has to be said. 

Be careful what you wish for, we're not guaranteed anything with another manager, things might get far worst. 

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

Seemingly, the fact that Bullen has won 3 out of 4 is upsetting a few people. 

8 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

As crazy as this sounds I agree totally.

Yes we've won 3 out of 4 but two of these sides were L1 and the other 2 are tipped for the drop.

Lee is tactically clueless the midfield is wide open we allow sides to walk through it, Bannan Reach and Murphy have had shockers recently and Bully didnt even change it at HT...had we not gone in front last night we would have struggled to get anything out of that.

We seem to have very average first halfs then up it in the second half.

Lee might be good to have around but is he our answer for replacing SB? No way not for me, we would be in this position again come a year.

I'd rather take a punt of Roland Neilson.

7 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Its obvious how much better a midfield three works for us.

Maybe we could go back to 4-4-2 and stuck Bannan or Lee out right....

Or play 4 4 2 with 2 wingers and a different midfield 2?