Bullen Out

17 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

40 goals per season from every striker, world class players in a second tier team and tickets on the kop for under a fiver.

Apparently.

Any chance DC can make you CEO for swfc ltd. I like your vision. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Who is this "great" manager then who is going to takeover? 

Someone who is available and will come? 

I am not going to pretend any of the current names are indeed better bar Hughton perhaps. 

Just don't want us to settle for "he will do" mundane appointment like Bullen. Ok if we want to finish 10th. 

I want us to show some ambition 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

As much as anything, we are not going to bin him off after the start we've made. 

there in lies the problem. DC probably won’t replace him yet, after the start we’ve had. Then in say a few months when we’ve played 15 and we start to dip, how long does he leave it? Before you know it’s Christmas and half the seasons gone. 

Let's say we still had Bruce in charge and he had that first half but we had won the second half as we did. Then we would all be saying. Well that's what newly promoted sides do ain't it. And a proper manager found a way through them in the second half.

BUT.  because its Bullen, it's all oh hes been found out.  Relegation fodder Luton. Lucky to get away with it.

Just like Fox deserves his dues for a fantastic performance and has rightly been getting them. Lets give Bullen his for the 3 points shall we.

Which manager do folk want?

No f.ooker with any credentials seems to want it.

We deserved more at Millwall, and playing "Newly promoted teams" is always harder at the start of the season..ask Bournemouth, Palace and Newcastle.

First half today was awful, I admit, but I enjoyed the second half when we pressed and got a deserved win.

It takes time for new players to bed in, but Murphy and Harris I thought excellent especially the second period.

We have a squad now, and I reckon a decent one

• Like 1

Sorry not the man for the job, the first half tonight was shocking, no tempo. They looked like they did not have a plan. Second half a lot better especially after the goal. But Lee will have the job up to the international break, then the decision will be made.

15 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Keep clapping. No probs with that. 

We’ve beat 2 newly promoted teams and a team that was almost relegated last season. We failed to get a point against a pretty well drilled 10 man Millwall. 

He seems to have a great great plan A with the 2 wingers but nothing more. We end the game only 1-0 up with Winnall as a sole striker? Playing Reach in the very position Nando was made for? 

Bollix

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

there in lies the problem. DC probably won’t replace him yet, after the start we’ve had. Then in say a few months when we’ve played 15 and we start to dip, how long does he leave it? Before you know it’s Christmas and half the seasons gone. 

It's all a bit Nostradamus this. 

Perhaps we do start to dip in 15 games...or we are still ticking along quite nicely. 

I see a group of player who want to play for Bullen. Whether that is enough...who honestly knows. 

With Hughton turning down, I don't see a great candidate right now. Perhaps the Cowleys at Lincoln, but whose to say Chansiri wants them or they'd be interested? 

• Thanks 1

I don't like him using 4-3-3 at home. Think it sets us up for poor games at home like 1st half if you only have 1 main striker in the box.

With all our strikers, only playing Fletch each game makes no sense. Why can't we play 4-4-2 with wingers at times?

That said, keep things as they are for at least another 5 games and then decide. No point rushing to give him the job to find results fall flat on our face.

If he's earned it after 10 games or so, then he'll have deserved the chance. 

Also agree that Reach has looked average in the no10 position, FF deserves a chance.

Edited by swfc-dan

Can't really argue, with any real conviction, against either side of this debate yet.

3 wins in 4 is as good as we could have expected. (4 from 4 would be ideal, but unlikely :biggrin: )

But, we haven't looked great, and after that performance today, you can't really think, with any confidence, we're going to beat the better teams in the Division.

I'm torn.

Think I'm leaning towards getting someone else in, but happy to be convinced otherwise.

17 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Keep clapping. No probs with that. 

We’ve beat 2 newly promoted teams and a team that was almost relegated last season. We failed to get a point against a pretty well drilled 10 man Millwall. 

He seems to have a great great plan A with the 2 wingers but nothing more. We end the game only 1-0 up with Winnall as a sole striker? Playing Reach in the very position Nando was made for? 

"Nando" now has to fight for a game, like every one else in the squad.

What has FF done over the las t2 years or so to be 'irreplaceable' and I know he had the injury, but before that and since he has not played well enough to merit an automatic place in the team.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Let's say we still had Bruce in charge and he had that first half but we had won the second half as we did. Then we would all be saying. Well that's what newly promoted sides do ain't it. And a proper manager found a way through them in the second half.

BUT.  because its Bullen, it's all oh hes been found out.  Relegation fodder Luton. Lucky to get away with it.

Just like Fox deserves his dues for a fantastic performance and has rightly been getting them. Lets give Bullen his for the 3 points shall we.

Luton have 1 point from 4 games.

Don't think we can point to them as a tough newly promoted side.

25 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

I reckon, if I was caretaker manager, and had said I wanted the permanent job, and had won 3 out of 4, and the owner  chose this moment to replace me, I'd be within my rights to be a bit cheesed off. 

In fact, I'd probably walk.

Yeah but he wouldn't. That's part of the issue with Bullen. Not sure he's that assertive. If he left us he wouldn't get another job in the Championship and would probably end up lower down the leagues or back in Scotland.

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

"Nando" now has to fight for a game, like every one else in the squad.

What has FF done over the las t2 years or so to be 'irreplaceable' and I know he had the injury, but before that and since he has not played well enough to merit an automatic place in the team.

Where did I say he deserved an automatic spot? I’m far from being his biggest fan but he offers something no other player does. On Saturday when millwall were cramming their box it needed someone to break them down, we brought on a box to box running midfielder and our most skilful player was at home watching on tv.