Bullen Out

8 hours ago, bobness said:

People defended Carlos, but the writing was on the walls to anyone actually watching the matches. Despite finishing 4th in his second season, it was apparent that the wheels were falling off.

While the wheels are far from "falling off" in this case, judging by the football, I'm not sure why so many are convinced Bullen can deliver the goods, unless "the goods" is mid-table mediocrity.

Are you claiming to be an expert because you actually watch the games?  You seem more of a hindsight expert than anything, so can we all benefit from your amazing expertise and tell us who should be installed as manager and take us back to the promised land?

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Or play 4 4 2 with 2 wingers and a different midfield 2?

Why do so many people have a hard on for playing four four bloody two?

Plus, we did change the system to that later on.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Why do so many people have a hard on for playing four four bloody two?

Plus, we did change the system to that later on.

For about 10 minutes. 

I dint have a ‘hard on’ for 4 4 2. However when we’re struggling to score LB seems reluctant to try it. Rhodes and fletcher looked good together pre season, many fans said Rhodes needs a partner and service to him. We now have that available and we’re not using it. 

As some others have touched on, it seems Reach is undroppable. We have 2 very good midfielders on the bench but a winger playing out of position is keeping one of them out of the side?

11 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

As crazy as this sounds I agree totally.

Yes we've won 3 out of 4 but two of these sides were L1 and the other 2 are tipped for the drop.

Lee is tactically clueless the midfield is wide open we allow sides to walk through it, Bannan Reach and Murphy have had shockers recently and Bully didnt even change it at HT...had we not gone in front last night we would have struggled to get anything out of that.

We seem to have very average first halfs then up it in the second half.

Lee might be good to have around but is he our answer for replacing SB? No way not for me, we would be in this position again come a year.

I'd rather take a punt of Roland Neilson.

We kept a clean sheet so had we not gone in front last night we would have got a point. Also these teams are exactly the ones we seem to have struggled against in recent years. 

Guest Ferkorf

I called it from the start, if we aren't taking a bucket load of points from the opening 6 games then we arent good enough to challenge for the top 6.

We should have had 3 from millwall aswell to be fair.

9/12 Isnt a bad haul so far. Preston away will be very tough as always, we should be beating Qpr at home and the real season starts at Huddersfield away thats when Bullen or the new manager and the players will truly start coming up against the better sides 

We've got the players we've got now. 

Bully is trying a formation and style im pleased with. It'll work more often than not I reckon.

So if we don't play well I'm not laying all the blame on him because maybe the players under perform sometimes.

All teams do in this league. It's rare for a team to run away with it.

Look at Derby last night and as good as Leeds were last year, they let themselves down in too many games.

It's not 1983 anymore. We are going to play crap it's the nature of championship players.

I'm not 100% sure about Bully but I think he should get some more time. He's not doing bad.

But maybe he does need some help with the coaching. 

Nobody is guaranteed to come in and do any better. So as much as I wanted a new man in before the season started, I'm happy for Bully to carry on atm.

15 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Are you claiming to be an expert because you actually watch the games?  You seem more of a hindsight expert than anything, so can we all benefit from your amazing expertise and tell us who should be installed as manager and take us back to the promised land?

I'll tell you after we get promoted to the premier league

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We kept a clean sheet so had we not gone in front last night we would have got a point. Also these teams are exactly the ones we seem to have struggled against in recent years. 

They folded after we scored up until their mistake which allowed us opportunity to score it could have gone either way. They should have scored in first half when we made errors but they were woeful and failed to capitalise.

28 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He didn't change it at half time...yet we came out in the 2nd half and played much better?

Is that not changing it, or us the only way to that by making a triple sub?

We played better after we scored because confidence came back in team. If confidence this fragile does not say much for coach.

I don’t think Bullen is the right man for the job, and I don’t think Chansiri is all that convinced either or he would have given it him by now.....Yes, we’re top of the league at the moment but we won’t be by tonight but before anyone gets carried away, we’ve beaten the 3 favourites for relegation and the latter one only just

Guest Bulgaria

It's blindingly obvious that everyone is over the moon we are top of the league, kudos to all. However, it's also blindingly obvious that we can play much better.... The frustrating thing for most is the constant lack of options in the box. It's either Fletcher or....... Fletcher. With so many striking options, it's painful seeing all our possession without us putting teams to bed.  Against better opposition this will be our downfall.

I feel for Bullen, he is just 2 bad results away from loud groans from the crowd.

Would I appoint him?  I've absolutely no idea, I am 50/50.

Tough call for DC.

Edited by Bulgaria

Reckon I’d give him 10 games almost a quarter into the season and by then we’ll have played some decent sides. If we’re up there then give it to him. Which in turn will give him and the players a clear message. 

I suppose it’s then if we’re not itsnthen down to who’s available manager wise at the time as the Huddersfield job needs filling and there may be other candidates available by then. He’s doing ok but for me we were poor in the first half last night and as already said lost to 10 men on Saturday. 

As the saying goes.  You can only beat what’s in front of you. 

Guest Kameron

Will say it again he’s not good enough, that first half last night was abysmal, we looked like a managerless side, if he continues to set us up like that there’ll be some proper good hidings come our way against the stronger sides in the division, we’ve had a very kind start to the season fixture wise and big improvements are needed to sustain a top 6 challenge.  The squad is there unfortunately at present the manager  isn’t.

46 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I called it from the start, if we aren't taking a bucket load of points from the opening 6 games then we arent good enough to challenge for the top 6.

We should have had 3 from millwall aswell to be fair.

9/12 Isnt a bad haul so far. Preston away will be very tough as always, we should be beating Qpr at home and the real season starts at Huddersfield away thats when Bullen or the new manager and the players will truly start coming up against the better sides 

Ah yes, the old "should beat" " chestnut, QPR have turned us over the past 3 times we've played em, of course that means nowt to folk on here. 

8 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

It's only a matter of time before Bullen sees 442 is the way forward. Especially when you are pressing teams. Maybe not for every game. We briefly had Fletcher and Winnall both on the field, but I think he saw that we had to win the battle in midfield with his final sub. 

We got found out in midfield with 4-4-2 bannan is too light to play cm, hence why successive managers played him wide left. 

We need a midfield 3 in the center. 

How many pressing teams play a 4-4-2??

Leeds don't, blunts don't, Norwich don't. 

The successful pressing teams play variations of a 4-3-3 with 2 quick wide men. 

I’m not convinced Bullen is the right bloke for us long term, that’s not against him personally I just sort of think we need a bigger name and experience. But I certainly think right now he deserves a chance to continue this run of form and prove me wrong. 

What I can’t be doing with is folk using this argument about the first 4 games being “easy” to suit their argument that Bullen is not the answer. It’s utter nonsense. 

It's almost as if Bullen cannot win in the eyes of some fans. Last season under Bruce we had some absolute shockers (Rotherham away) but grinded out a point. At the time that was down to having a good manager who knew how to take points when not at your best. Last night it's because Bullen is not right for the job.

I'm not advocating we hire Bullen as manager but let's give him a fair crack before dismissing him based upon a sluggish 45 minutes.

• Like 1