Bullen Out

6 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

1)Why would he leave Fulham on a very good salary

2) he was sacked by DC so why would he come back

Good points. Have to say. Wish he had stayed with the riches to hand. Thought he was underestimated. That's the past I'm on about now. It's about the future. But a strong number two would help Lee if Lee is the decision. Gray being a good example. All be it one that seems beyond possible. 

So far I see the split in this thread as about

60% for LB

20% against

20% unsure. 

Seems fair. Obviously the league position speaks for itself. So much as calling for a new manager, LB will always get my support. I won’t boo him, I never boo anyway - especially as the team is announced. The title of the thread was meant to cause debate and it worked. Some good points made along with some who look no further than the league table to decide whether we’re in good hands or not. 

Onto preston. It’ll be another test. 

10 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Keep clapping. No probs with that. 

We’ve beat 2 newly promoted teams and a team that was almost relegated last season. We failed to get a point against a pretty well drilled 10 man Millwall. 

He seems to have a great great plan A with the 2 wingers but nothing more. We end the game only 1-0 up with Winnall as a sole striker? Playing Reach in the very position Nando was made for? 

It's nice to see the return of the happy clapper insult.

Retro owlstalk 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, ... said:

It’s not going to last and anyone who knows football at a decent level can see this. When your having to score shinners against luton that’s worrying. 

Good teams win when they aren't playing well don't they?

10 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

It’s a tough one. I can’t decide either way. Which probably means we should be gettin someone in. 

Good result tonight though after a terrible first half. 

Absolutely sums up how I feel.

I don't buy into this we've had an easy start as you can only beat what's in front of you nut there are definitely harder games to come.

I still don't see Bullen as the long term answer as manager and i don't think Mr Chansiri does either otherwise he would have got the jobs weeks ago, what he has done is bought Mr C some breathing space so we don't have to rush our decision and can take our time to find the right man.

I fully expect Bullen to return to his role as coach and he will be an assist to the club for years to come.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ... said:

It’s not going to last and anyone who knows football at a decent level can see this. When your having to score shinners against luton that’s worrying. 

Would you be happy if Harris had sidefooted it instead? 

As as long as I can remember we have had terrible starts to the season. Year 2000 “what’s the difference between swfc and a cocktail stick? A cocktail sticks got two points” 

2001 pressman getting sent off after about 30 seconds. Even after the investment we needed a late push to get into the playoffs. We have had a disruptive offseason with the umbongo and mrs doubtfire leaving but we’ve won 3 out of 4 games. 3 points is 3 points it doesn’t matter who it’s against, anyone can beat anyone in this league and I guarantee Luton will take points from plenty of teams.

Top of the league despite not playing particularly well and people are complaining.

4 hours ago, ... said:

It is not like it was an accident. That's where the ball was and all it needed was a nudge. Why make things difficult just to get a foot on it?

Anyone who knows football at a decent level can see that.

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

It is not like it was an accident. That's where the ball was and all it needed was a nudge. Why make things difficult just to get a foot on it?

Anyone who knows football at a decent level can see that.

typical strawman argument isn't it?

If you disagree you know nowt of football

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ... said:

The way we got a sniff of the ball was fortuitous but it was a really well crafted goal. Smart anticipation and crafty cross from Murphy; Fletcher bullied their defender for a committed header back across; then Harris’ well improvised finish off the thigh.

Edited by Samurai Blue

15 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Bullen needs someone alongside him and I don’t mean a youth coach.

Lee will get them to run through brick walls but someone who can support him on the tactical side would pay dividends IMO.

And that is why he is a coach not a manager

6 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

It's almost as if Bullen cannot win in the eyes of some fans. Last season under Bruce we had some absolute shockers (Rotherham away) but grinded out a point. At the time that was down to having a good manager who knew how to take points when not at your best. Last night it's because Bullen is not right for the job.

I'm not advocating we hire Bullen as manager but let's give him a fair crack before dismissing him based upon a sluggish 45 minutes.

I think it reflects well on him that after a sluggish 45 mins we didn't follow it up with another last night.
We saying at half time that it was situations like this that I doubted Bullens ability to change things for 2nd half.

Not sure it was a one off an improved 2nd half or Bullens doing but was a plus in his favour.
Still wouldn't say it Bullen as manager for me but his stock rose with me last night.

Guest Ferkorf
13 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Ah yes, the old "should beat" " chestnut, QPR have turned us over the past 3 times we've played em, of course that means nowt to folk on here. 

Its called confidence....