The problem with Bullen ....

The problem is that we have seen bullen in this position on two other occasions and neither have exactly filled people with confidence. 

So for that he's under excess scrutiny. 

I do however agree that he wasn't to blame for the loss at Millwall and it's just one of the those things. I'm happy to let him have more time. 2 wins and 1 loss in the opening 3 games is a good start. He doesn't deserve a crucifixion. He just needs support.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Cheers Dotty.

Though not much in there really. 

The headline is

"Sheffield Wednesday consider bringing in new coach to help out caretaker manager Lee Bullen"  Then in the actually story text its' "Bullen said he has yet to speak to chairman Dejphon Chansiri about boosting their coaching staff."

Suspect it's more a question been asked by the press. Promoted by someone on here asking it on Saturday. I forget who.

It's a fair point to the original poster though. The coaching team is very stretched.

They can't be giving absolute 100% to every aspect when they're taking on more than one role. 

The article is merely a diversion by the Stir to draw you into some red and white click bait...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/former-england-international-claims-he-turned-down-a-move-to-sheffield-wednesday-this-summer-490179

The real story is Downing is glad he's not playing understood to Harris and Murphy at Hillsborough. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

The main problem for Bullen is there's a section of people on here that "don't want to give him a chance or time" mainly becouse they're obsessed with the guys in charge of another club. 

Yes the cowleys are doing well, but it's against lesser and smaller teams who are being organised and tactically set up by a lower caliber of managers.. 

Get behind the man in charge here, or go watch Lincoln. 

I've been told by his window cleaner that Megson managers his garden very well these days.

Not that im obsessed or anything

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Haha 1

On 18/08/2019 at 13:47, Beholder said:

Is that people won't give him time

All managers will lose games.

But with Bullen there will be an inquest, hence all the threads on here telling us why he was naive. 

That wouldn't have happened with Bruce, but the defeat probably would have.

your at it again.

Champion of lost causes.

Give your head a wobble.

9 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

The article is merely a diversion by the Stir to draw you into some red and white click bait...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/former-england-international-claims-he-turned-down-a-move-to-sheffield-wednesday-this-summer-490179

The real story is Downing is glad he's not playing understood to Harris and Murphy at Hillsborough. 

Bloody hell. Swerved one there!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ... said:

Starting to see a pattern emerging @ Wednesday and its concerning.

Firstly all summer we have been after Hector but won't pay £5 million to secure his services so instead of buying someone else we make a couple of loans.

Now we don't seem to be appointing a manager... is it to give Bullen a go or to save money as for me its starting to look like the cheap option.

Our recruitment in the summer was good but we made nearly £10 million and didn't reinvest a penny, you could say we are waiting until Jan but it could easily be too late then.

Are you oblivious to the fact we had to sell our ground to get out off FFP this year?

Or that the majority of fans wanted to see a change in transfer policy?

Honestly it's mind blowing sometimes.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I've been told by his window cleaner that Megson managers his garden very well these days.

Not that im obsessed or anything

I'm just getting fed up of hearing about these guys now. 

I can't see Dc wanting to stump up a pile of compo cash in order to hire a new manager that is UNPROVEN at this level. 

As I've mentioned on the other numerous threads that have become cowley obsessed. 

Remember everyone going on about Paul Hurst?? 

What's he doing now after his brief failings at a higher level?? 

12 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm just getting fed up of hearing about these guys now. 

I can't see Dc wanting to stump up a pile of compo cash in order to hire a new manager that is UNPROVEN at this level. 

As I've mentioned on the other numerous threads that have become cowley obsessed. 

Remember everyone going on about Paul Hurst?? 

What's he doing now after his brief failings at a higher level?? 

I was being ironic.  Only place Megson should be at Hillsbrough is in the wall of fame

True story though

53 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I was being ironic.  Only place Megson should be at Hillsbrough is in the wall of fame

True story though

Whilst ill agree that I wouldn't want meggo in as our new manager. 

I am of a though he was fantastic as assistant to pulis and brings a massive wealth of experience and contacts at both this level and above. 

Now I don't think he'd want to be assistant to Bullen,but under DCs origionl plan of a head coach (Bullen) 

And director of football (megson). 

I think it would work quite well. 

That way Bullen could oversee the playing /training side of things and learn the business side off of megson. 

In that capacity I wouldn't rule out the idea of a return for megso., my only issue would be could they work together?? 

Maybe another option. Would be to Paul Sturrock, as bully played under him and theyre both similar characters from what I remember of Sturrock. 

I agree that people won't give him time...and there seems to be people who can't wait for him to fail. 

I think given the start it's hard to argue against him really. I don't buy this theory that we've played easy teams - no team is easy in this league. But the last couple of games we've been toothless and we look like we did before Bruce took over...and that worries me. 

Edited by bigdan2003

7 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I agree that people won't give him time...and there seems to be people who can't wait for him to fail. 

I think given the start it's hard to argue against him really. I don't buy this theory that we've played easy teams - no team is easy in this league. But he last couple of games we've been toothless and we look like we did before Bruce took over...and that worries me. 

Bottom line is Bullen has been part of the backroom team for this period where we’ve had basic deficiencies which has stopped us from achieving the promotion what the chairman and the fan base crave. When he’s had the reigns as caretaker he’s never really shown that he can overcome these deficiencies and as a result he’ll attract more criticism from the fan base whether it’s warranted or not than a new man appointed from the outside would.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Main thing for me is his style of play. Last 3 games have been woeful. If we had lost 4-3 yesterday having played some attacking football, I would still have hated it but wouldn’t be feeling as disillusioned or as low as a snakes belly as I am this morning. 

14 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Main thing for me is his style of play. Last 3 games have been woeful. If we had lost 4-3 yesterday having played some attacking football, I would still have hated it but wouldn’t be feeling as disillusioned or as low as a snakes belly as I am this morning. 

You need to learn how to accept mediocrity,  theres a good few on here that still hark back to the two top six seasons  like it's some kind of major achievement 

Only way to not be disappointed with this club is to expect f.. all

It's so easy being a manager isn't it :bullen: I think lee is trying to keep the same team who performs and getting the results and only making the necessary changes he feels based on injuries or bad performances ... my only concern is whether he is trying to keep all players happy at the moment by rotating them in terms of substitutes but at the end of the day he sees how they all perform in training. 

Yesterday is a strange one with the two penalties ... you can't plan for individual costly errors on match day  - and like he said it was two teams cancelling each other out up majority of the game!