The problem with Bullen ....

56 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

The problem with bullen is he's a quitter 

Gave up after Burton and showed he had no balls 

I don't want that sort of man managing the club 

I don't think he was much of a quitter as a player. I don't think he was prepared to be a manager at the time of the Burton game, he was a coach who was chucked in at the deep end and he was out of his depth. It was a particularly bad day and he didn't know what to do.

It looks like his taste of the hot seat after Jos left has given him the desire and maybe he's learnt how not to manage from Jos and how to manage from Bruce. People do grow into jobs if the desire is there.

I'm not in the Bullen for manager camp but I wouldn't hold Burton against him.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

We'll just have to hope this inexperienced coach keeps up this best start in 4 years then or the wolves will be gathering at the door.

I think Wolves are quite happy with the coach they have

7 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

I think Wolves are quite happy with the coach they have

Excellent point. I'll have to amend my earlier statment

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

We'll just have to hope this inexperienced coach keeps up this best start in 4 years then or the doom fuelled soothsayers will be gathering at the door waiting to be proven right with heavy bags laden with 'I told you so's'

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

Is that people won't give him time

All managers will lose games.

But with Bullen there will be an inquest, hence all the threads on here telling us why he was naive. 

That wouldn't have happened with Bruce, but the defeat probably would have.

:image:

6 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Easiest set of games for 4 years ?

We're they?

Not sure where this easy games thing comes from.

Though I accept it's a useful tool in taking any credit away from the players and coaching staff for a good start. 

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I don't think he was much of a quitter as a player. I don't think he was prepared to be a manager at the time of the Burton game, he was a coach who was chucked in at the deep end and he was out of his depth. It was a particularly bad day and he didn't know what to do.

It looks like his taste of the hot seat after Jos left has given him the desire and maybe he's learnt how not to manage from Jos and how to manage from Bruce. People do grow into jobs if the desire is there.

I'm not in the Bullen for manager camp but I wouldn't hold Burton against him.

There's a difference between a player and a manager ,a manager should get respect from the players ,I wouldn't respect a bloke that the first sign of trouble throws the towl in 

Maybe your right he wants the jib after seeing Bruce in action or maybe its cus we have a better team than last time who knows but I don't want another bad set of games and bullens crying out for someone to take the job CUs this time he won't be able to go back to coach 

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

Is that people won't give him time

All managers will lose games.

But with Bullen there will be an inquest, hence all the threads on here telling us why he was naive. 

That wouldn't have happened with Bruce, but the defeat probably would have.

Christ, give it a rest. 

I think the problem with Bullen as manager is his lack of experience as a manager.

If he wanted to be a manager then the right thing to do would be to apply for managerial jobs to get experience.

Staying at Wednesday and stepping in to caretaking doesn't seem to me to be the way forward for someone who wants to be the manager at SWFC.

Nor do I think should we appoint someone who takes that path into the role.

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

The problem with Bully is his CV.

Estate Agent/Coach does not qualify him to manage a big budget Championship club with a serious urgency to reach the Premier League.

Putting 'one of our own' or 'great blokey legend' at the bottom of said CV doesn't cut it.

Unless you are a fluffy romantic.

What's your CV? Camping on Owlstalk?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We're they?

Not sure where this easy games thing comes from.

Though I accept it's a useful tool in taking any credit away from the players and coaching staff for a good start. 

Snooty I'm quite prepared to wait until its sorted and then we will know who's right, I can't be bothered with constantly arguing about Bullen.

I categorically dont want him you obviously do, let's wait and see what happens !

We played well yesterday and created lots of chances but pity we couldn't put a single one of them away. We can't give free headers to the main threats of our opponents. 

We will win more than we lose playing like that and it's good to see us going out and taking the game to the opposition instead of sitting off them and watching them play.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Snooty I'm quite prepared to wait until its sorted and then we will know who's right, I can't be bothered with constantly arguing about Bullen.

I categorically dont want him you obviously do, let's wait and see what happens !

Right about what?

I don't particularly want him more than any other candidate to be honest.

If he gets it I'll back him and hope he does well, as I would any other. 

In the meantime I just hope he and the team keep winning games, and earning credit where it's due.

I'm not implying its the same people...

but just a few days ago a good proportion on here were saying ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it''

And after the result at Millwall an equal number are saying ''Bullen's not up to it tactically'' etc

I agree with the OP that Bullen will struggle to gain the trust of a majority of fans whatever happens; but I do think that this is intensified by the general uncertainty as to his position, if he was given the job full time then I think most would cut him a bit more slack.

The sooner Chansiri makes a permanent appointment the better for all concerned IMO.

We're back to the idea of holding two apparently contradictory ideas together, something that baffles Owlstalk.

I want LB to be successful and win as many games as possible.

I want someone else to be manager in the long term.

Edited by Rev Owl

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

We're back to the idea of holding two apparently contradictory ideas together, something that baffles Owlstalk.

I want LB to be successful and win as many games as possible.

I want someone else to be manager in the long term.

Only one outcome here if that is the case :tango:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3