The problem with Bullen ....

2 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

We're back to the idea of holding two apparently contradictory ideas together, something that baffles Owlstalk.

I want LB to be successful and win as many games as possible.

I want someone else to be manager in the long term.

This is very good..an apparent contradiction..we need more philosophy on this site.. very good indeed.. I like it..or do I?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

This is very good..an apparent contradiction..we need more philosophy on this site.. very good indeed.. I like it..or do I?

Philosophy is good.

I would aspire to Metaphysics. 

I'd settle for reasoned debate.

I put up with mostly nonsense often grumpily delivered.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

They weren't on Thursday/Friday though Snoots... Like I said, there were PLENTY of people saying, ''while ever we are winning leave it alone'' 

Aye. Maybe youre right.

And don't get me wrong, I understand their line of thinking.

However, football these days is more than the game every Saturday, it's the fan appeasement on the days inbetween.

I think even Bullens most ardent supporters would admit that this caretaker thing is creating a limbo , a hole of unrest that people are focusing on  and actually making it harder for him to do his job because of the absolute scrutiny that every action of 'the stand in' is subject to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Right about what?

I don't particularly want him more than any other candidate to be honest.

If he gets it I'll back him and hope he does well, as I would any other. 

In the meantime I just hope he and the team keep winning games, and earning credit where it's due.

Same here , but I'd rather have change now rather than later 

• Like 1

I would much rather Bullen would go to another club to cut his managerial teeth. Gain experience and come back to us.

My fear is that if it doesn't work out for him as manager, what happens to one of the most loyal servants this club has had. Does he go back to being part of the coaching set-up or leave the club?

7 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I don't get paid to lead the team do I?

Yes I gave up ,sue me 

Sorry im not high as you on super fan points ,weirdo

If you are going to make assertions on his character then Ill show you up as a hypocrite.

The man has done lots for this club and doesnt need abuse from the likes of you.

7 minutes ago, andytrig said:

My fear is that if it doesn't work out for him as manager, what happens to one of the most loyal servants this club has had. Does he go back to being part of the coaching set-up or leave the club?

I think you echo the thoughts of many who wouldn't want it to end badly. 

But if he has thrown his hat in the ring then he'll be aware of the possible consequences and risk.

3 hours ago, Daz said:

We played well yesterday and created lots of chances but pity we couldn't put a single one of them away. We can't give free headers to the main threats of our opponents. 

We will win more than we lose playing like that and it's good to see us going out and taking the game to the opposition instead of sitting off them and watching them play.

It was a what if game . What if Westwood had got to that cross which he does 99 times out of a 100 and what if Reach hadn't hit the bar and scored. Bad day at the office we move on.

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

We're they?

Not sure where this easy games thing comes from.

Though I accept it's a useful tool in taking any credit away from the players and coaching staff for a good start. 

Luton and Barnsley at home isn't a bad first two home games that's for sure , btw I'm not anti Bullen either.