The problem with Bullen ....

Is that people won't give him time

All managers will lose games.

But with Bullen there will be an inquest, hence all the threads on here telling us why he was naive. 

That wouldn't have happened with Bruce, but the defeat probably would have.

Just now, Beholder said:

But with Bullen there will be an inquest, hence all the threads on here telling us why he was naive. 

Spot on 

I mean Colin must be fearing the push today relegated last season and losing to the bottom of the league 

• Like 1

One of the problem Bullen has is he was here under both CC and Jos. The way it ended for both you can see why some people have reservations.

He either didn't see the problems on the or he did.If it's the latter then it's ok but then he either never said anything or he did but they chose to ignore him.

The first one is understandable as he doesn't want to rock the boat, although you need to make hard decisions as the figure head.

If it's the latter then you have to ask why they ignored him.

He was there under a coach where training was supposedly easy.

He was there when, well I don't really know how to describe Jos's last few months.

Unfortunately it will go against him. 20 attempts away from home, ok they ended up with 10 men but 20 it's not as though we set up not to lose. That will be key if we lose a few on the bounce some managers do not change a thing and others go completely defensive.

The good managers make a few tweaks which make their teams harder to beat but still carry a threat.

The other problem is expectations, if we had drawn against Reading(who have just taken ex PL Cardiff apart), beat Barnsley then drew against Millwall everyone would be saying what a good start.

It's one point less than we are currently on.

Bullen will make mistakes but he knows he will have to learn from them. 

Yesterday we lost the game due to one mistake and not taking one of numerous chances. 

The last time we lost at The Den it was under Jos and we started the game without a single striker on the pitch, far more concerning. 

Games like yesterday can happen, only slight criticism of Bullen from me is the FF didn't travel. How we respond on Tuesday is paramount to Bullen. 

29 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It probably takes defeat to second guess...

Luton game is a huge game already for him.

46 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Bingo 

Seems people almost can’t wait for him to fail. It’s become a poisoned chalice 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

I think people would discuss selection/formation/style etc on here regardless of who is in charge - as it’s a forum for doing so!

The trouble is as he is in charge on a game to game basis every game is almost like a job interview and therefore intensified 

DC needs to sort it one way or another very soon in my opinion - for the good of everyone 

There are a lot of fans who want a particular manager which means they don't want Bullen. The slightest slip and they will be on his case. Yesterday is an example of that.

I don't think Bullen did much wrong, Nuhiu instead of Rhodes maybe in the circumstances but if he'd done that and we still lost he's have got dogs abuse .

Personally I don't want Bullen to take over but I've not got a particular person I'd prefer to get the job. I'm happy for Lee to continue until we find the right person. As a caretaker Lee is doing ok.

When Jos was relieved of his duties, people were demanding that the next manager is British with championship experience. We got that in Bruce, why has this suddenly out of the window now that Bruce has left? 

As a fanbase we are going backwards and accepting mediocrity based on Bullens history with the club. I don’t want to be left wondering what a more experienced manager would get out of these players. 

I don't know about a problem with Bullen.

But I know the problem Bullen faces.

We all do...

• Win - It was an expected win. Any win will have been an easy game.  'We should be beating terrible sides like that . Relegation certs etc etc'
  • Lose -  It's his fault. Tactical naivety. Doesn't know what he's doing . Cost us points etc etc

To that end he cannot win. 

I'm neither for or against Bullen. All managers - save the top few in the game- represent gambles.  In football it's all about timing

Either way, whether we get someone else or stick with Bullen I do think it's time we made it permanent or got someone else in. 

Otherwise we'll be having minutiae breakdowns of every detail after every single game as the point scoring goes into overdrive and that does no one any favours. Especially the players.

We've made a positive start and can do well this season,  but it's time for unity and to that end I think the club have to nail their colours to the mast in terms of backing Bullen or looking elsewhere. 

At the moment he's been hung out for people to take pot shots at.

It's not fair on the man or the players who have just given us our best start in 4 years.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The problem with Bully is his CV.

Estate Agent/Coach does not qualify him to manage a big budget Championship club with a serious urgency to reach the Premier League.

Putting 'one of our own' or 'great blokey legend' at the bottom of said CV doesn't cut it.

Unless you are a fluffy romantic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The problem with Bully is his CV.

Estate Agent/Coach does not qualify him to manage a big budget Championship club with a serious urgency to reach the Premier League.

Putting 'one of our own' or 'great blokey legend' at the bottom of said CV doesn't cut it.

Unless you are a fluffy romantic.

And this will get said everytime he loses a game.

Whether his keeper has stuck in no man's land and his centre half fouled on the cross or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

And this will get said everytime he loses a game.

Whether his keeper has stuck in no man's land and his centre half fouled on the cross or not.

Of course it will.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. This will cost him his job at the club, if he doesn't go back to Coach quickly.

Not saying it's right.

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Of course it will.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. This will cost him his job at the club, if he doesn't go back to Coach quickly.

Not saying it's right.

We'll just have to hope this inexperienced coach keeps up this best start in 4 years then or the wolves will be gathering at the door.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, prowl said:

There are a lot of fans who want a particular manager which means they don't want Bullen. The slightest slip and they will be on his case. Yesterday is an example of that.

I don't think Bullen did much wrong, Nuhiu instead of Rhodes maybe in the circumstances but if he'd done that and we still lost he's have got dogs abuse .

Personally I don't want Bullen to take over but I've not got a particular person I'd prefer to get the job. I'm happy for Lee to continue until we find the right person. As a caretaker Lee is doing ok.

Great Points there about finding the right candidate for the job.Given some of the dogs abuse LB Has received in certain quarters,they need to be very careful on what they wish for,because they might end up getting it ie Tony Pulis,Steve Mcclaren etc.:tango: