The problem with Bullen ....

2 hours ago, elvin parsnip said:

Bullpen has been coaching for years now and must have learnt a lot from mistakes by his managers and also the good things they’ve done - the fact he reinstated Westwood and Hutch when Jos left shows he knows what he’s doing - I say give him the job 

My daughter of 13 would have put them back in the side , I'll get her to send her CV over to Mr Chansiri I might get in the directors box after all

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

The problem with Bully is his CV.

Estate Agent/Coach does not qualify him to manage a big budget Championship club with a serious urgency to reach the Premier League.

Putting 'one of our own' or 'great blokey legend' at the bottom of said CV doesn't cut it.

Unless you are a fluffy romantic.

Fair comment but then would you employ a manager like pulis,monk,Coleman, rowett ect ect who's CV says sacked sacked sacked ad nauseum......we could go down let's get a young gun like stoke have with Nathan Jones but that's gamble as they are finding out ....bullen might turn out to be a dud but at the moment he's done ok and until that alters i see no reason to change 

1 minute ago, Owls Loyal said:

I think that is being harsh on Rowett.

He did well at Burton and Birmingham lured him away.

He did well at Birmingham and Derby appointed him manager.

It did not work out at Stoke after they lost their PL status.

Rowett would be a fantastic appointment in my opinion, he has done well at every club other than Stoke and they appear to be a team with problems.

I wouldn't be at all against him getting the nod, sounds like he wants it which is a bonus.

The main problem for Bullen is there's a section of people on here that "don't want to give him a chance or time" mainly becouse they're obsessed with the guys in charge of another club. 

Yes the cowleys are doing well, but it's against lesser and smaller teams who are being organised and tactically set up by a lower caliber of managers.. 

Get behind the man in charge here, or go watch Lincoln. 

21 hours ago, Miffed said:

When Jos was relieved of his duties, people were demanding that the next manager is British with championship experience. We got that in Bruce, why has this suddenly out of the window now that Bruce has left? 

As a fanbase we are going backwards and accepting mediocrity based on Bullens history with the club. I don’t want to be left wondering what a more experienced manager would get out of these players. 

Absolute nail on the head and I’ve said this before on here.

When we appointed Bruce we decided on a strategy of an experienced English manager with numerous promotions on his CV. The early indications were that the strategy was working nicely - 3 defeats in 20 games or whatever it was, an injection of youth and pace into the team, everybody much happier.

So quite why we would abandon that strategy now and employ a total novice I’m really not sure. 

Okay, change your manager from

time to time if you must. But surely there’s a consistent strategy to who you appoint, rather than ripping it up and starting again every few months. It’s where I’d like to see Chansiri show some foresight and leadership but I’m not seeing any evidence of that at the moment. 

• Like 1

Looks like where bringing in some experienced coach/coaches to help Bullen.

I've got an idea CHANSIRI STOP PLAYING AT IT AND GET A MANAGER IN!

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-consider-bringing-in-new-coach-to-help-out-caretaker-manager-lee-bullen-490873

Edited by ...

Starting to see a pattern emerging @ Wednesday and its concerning.

Firstly all summer we have been after Hector but won't pay £5 million to secure his services so instead of buying someone else we make a couple of loans.

Now we don't seem to be appointing a manager... is it to give Bullen a go or to save money as for me its starting to look like the cheap option.

Our recruitment in the summer was good but we made nearly £10 million and didn't reinvest a penny, you could say we are waiting until Jan but it could easily be too late then.

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Cheers Dotty.

Though not much in there really. 

The headline is

"Sheffield Wednesday consider bringing in new coach to help out caretaker manager Lee Bullen"  Then in the actually story text its' "Bullen said he has yet to speak to chairman Dejphon Chansiri about boosting their coaching staff."

Suspect it's more a question been asked by the press. Promoted by someone on here asking it on Saturday. I forget who.

It's a fair point to the original poster though. The coaching team is very stretched.

They can't be giving absolute 100% to every aspect when they're taking on more than one role. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Cheers Dotty.

The headline is

"Sheffield Wednesday consider bringing in new coach to help out caretaker manager Lee Bullen"  Then in the actually story text its' "Bullen said he has yet to speak to chairman Dejphon Chansiri about boosting their coaching staff."

Suspect it's more a question been asked by the press. Promoted by someone on here asking it on Saturday. I forget who.

It's a fair point to the original poster though. The coaching team is very stretched.

They can't be giving absolute 100% to every aspect when they're taking on more than one role. 

For me they should be looking for an new management team and getting our season properly started not papering over the cracks.

Edited by ...

12 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Absolute nail on the head and I’ve said this before on here.

When we appointed Bruce we decided on a strategy of an experienced English manager with numerous promotions on his CV. The early indications were that the strategy was working nicely - 3 defeats in 20 games or whatever it was, an injection of youth and pace into the team, everybody much happier.

So quite why we would abandon that strategy now and employ a total novice I’m really not sure. 

Okay, change your manager from

time to time if you must. But surely there’s a consistent strategy to who you appoint, rather than ripping it up and starting again every few months. It’s where I’d like to see Chansiri show some foresight and leadership but I’m not seeing any evidence of that at the moment. 

In fairness to DC if there were a similar candidate to Bruce available he’d probably have signed him up by now, but it doesn’t appear that any of the usual suspects fit the bill.  Getting back to Bullen, he’s made a good start so I don’t see why DC shouldn’t give him more time to prove his worth.

As an aside I was interested to watch LBs post match interview after the Millwall defeat. I actually thought he came across well and didn’t appear too rattled by the loss. My main fear with LB has always been how well he’ll cope when the wheels come off, but perhaps with some other experienced coaches around him he might be ok? 

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Cheers Dotty.

The headline is

You expect me to believe that a Star article isn't what the headline suggests??? Pull the other one!!

23 hours ago, Beholder said:

Is that people won't give him time

All managers will lose games.

But with Bullen there will be an inquest, hence all the threads on here telling us why he was naive. 

That wouldn't have happened with Bruce, but the defeat probably would have.

Spot on. DC could play a blinder to be fair and say Bullen will be in charge for X amount of games and then we will review with him then. Then give Lee a target amount of points to get.

But the line about about all managers lose games, sounds simple but needed saying, It's not about getting knocked down, it's about how you get back up etc etc etc. Adrian!!!!!!!!!

When we hammer Luton 3-0 Bullen will be the new Pep again.

16 minutes ago, ... said:

For me they should be looking for an new management team and getting our season properly started not papering over the cracks.

You are just worried Bullen will get to 10 games and the betting sites will pay out on him before we appoint Rowett. lol