Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

You can't talk about potential anymore, he's 25 years old. 

If he hasn't gained the right mindset, attitude and consistency by now he almost certainly never will bud. 

When he signed he had the world at his feet and everything in his locker as a player. He's just simply not lived upto that promise, 8/9 games where he's on it over a 46 game championship season just isn't good enough. 

Exactly, this from Bannan after the game says it all:  

"Lucas Joao is still young. It’s just a matter of getting him to work hard day in, day out and he can be anything."

6 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Exactly, this from Bannan after the game says it all:  

"Lucas Joao is still young. It’s just a matter of getting him to work hard day in, day out and he can be anything."

We've been saying this for how many seasons now??. 

He looked unplayable for spells under Carlos. 

Same with jos. 

I don't think the fat geordie sausage roll eater rated him, but had a few good games. 

I just think the mental strength isn't there. In a way he's similar to nando, when it clicks he's unplayable, but when it doesn't he's a tatal waste of a shirt. Neither can do it for consistently for 30+ games. Hence why both have turned into impact subs,by successive managers here and in nandos case previous ones like Watford and in Italy. 

No matter how good both of them can be "on their day" we simply can't afford to carry both him and nando on their half assed days together over a long hard and gruelling season. 

Which is probably why we're selling the one with a higher value at the moment. 

47 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Don’t talk to me like I’m stupid.

Expressing a desire to keep the supposedly best players (still bemused that that would include Rhodes) in favour of those with low value who are evidently not sought after by other clubs anyway seems to me not to address at all the rather urgent problem of the financial shortfall we must deal with in the next 12 months.

How else can we realistically generate or save the multiple millions required without a couple of transfers of highly rated and/or expensive players? 

Reading manager, Jose Gomes has links to Kia Joorabchia, I think the Portugese is in his 14th job or something like that.

Joao's agent are Doyen..or they were.

Anyhow, what a coincidence..

Just wondered how Reading can afford £7m ish..then I thought, perhaps someone lent em a few quid :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Garbage deal for us if this is true

Damn that’s woeful.

£1m on promotion? Reading are never going up this year or anytime soon, so that should be higher 

£350k for 20+ goals in the championship, seriously? :laugh:

Can we get a proper negotiator in at the club please ffs, doesn’t seem like there’s been one for over 20 years 

Edited by FreshOwl

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Damn that’s woeful.

£1m on promotion? Reading are never going up this year or anytime soon, so that should be higher 

Can we get a proper negotiator in at the club please ffs, doesn’t seem like there’s been one for over 20 years 

Are you taking that as serious?  Sorry for asking as I'm not sure if you're taking the mick.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Damn that’s woeful.

Depends how you look at it,if the guaranteed figure is say £5 million the add ons reported could be the £million pound promotion payment etc.

Or it could be made up cack,how many "i've been told" turn out to be factual.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

And in regards to Joao all the money we recieve goes on the year of the sale doesn't it.

I believe that to be the case. However, you've hit the nail on the head by saying "all the money we receive". We may not receive the full amount this season, depending on what was negotiated during the transfer. But whenever we receive a payment for the transfer, it will be on that years accounts.

15 hours ago, Morepork said:

Looking at how we set up against Reading I'd expect us to play much of the season like that, it accommodates our best players in their best positions. Selling Joao leaves us needing to replace him with another forward that can play the lone striker role IMO.

Does depend on whats being offered. Also raises the question of is the sale being sanctioned by our prospective new manager or is someone else deciding this.

I’ve pondered that question many times since we became involved with Doyen Sports.