Looks like rowett

Guest addedtime
27 minutes ago, debram said:

Thats not completely true, i hate to quote this but look at what Wilder and Warnock for example have achieved on much lower budgets than most, we need a good manager and motivator.

Like I say though, as soon as someone wins something it puts them out of reach for us for the foreseeable.

To suggest we should only have winners as managers is a bit unrealistic.

In football winning means trophies and promotions.

Realistically our chances of signing that kind of manager would mean someone who didn't achieve it recently.

4 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Not my first choice, but nice to hear he wants the job. Should be a prerequisite, rather than having to persuade someone to take the job. 

Starting to warm to Rowett. 

• Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager
Gary Rowett
4/9
Chris Hughton
6/1
Chris Coleman
9/1
Lee Bullen
11/1
Tony Pulis
12/1
Nigel Pearson
14/1
Aitor Karanka
16/1
Danny Cowley
16/1
Garry Monk
16/1
Gianfranco Zola
16/1
Daniel Stendel
18/1
Giovanni van Bronckhorst
18/1
Domenico Tedesco
20/1
Fatih Tekke
20/1
Gary Megson
20/1
Gus Poyet
20/1
Paul Cook
20/1
Phil Neville
20/1
Bruno Génésio
25/1
Carlos Carvalhal
25/1
Dan Petrescu
25/1
Derek McInnes
25/1
Herve Renard
25/1
Jack Ross
25/1
Jack de Gier
25/1
Lee Johnson
25/1
Martin Jol
25/1
Nigel Adkins
25/1
Paul Heckingbottom
25/1
Thierry Henry
25/1
Alex Neil
28/1
Bruno Labbadia
28/1
David Moyes
28/1
David Wagner
28/1
Paul Clement
28/1
Paul Hurst
28/1
Alan Pardew
33/1
Claudio Ranieri
33/1
Ian Holloway
33/1
Paolo Di Canio
33/1
Paul Warne
33/1
Sol Campbell
33/1
Alex McLeish
40/1
Aliou Cisse
40/1
Benito Carbone
40/1
Brian Barry-Murphy
40/1
Chris Hogg
40/1
Claude Puel
40/1
Harry Redknapp
40/1
John Sheridan
40/1
Malky Mackay
40/1
Martin O'Neill
40/1
Mixu Paatelainen
40/1
Pako Ayestarán
40/1
Paul Ince
40/1
Pedro Martins
40/1
Quique Sanchez Flores
40/1
Steve McClaren
40/1
Dennis Bergkamp
50/1
Edin Terzic
50/1
Emma Hayes
50/1
Fred Rutten
50/1
Jocelyn Gourvennec
50/1
László Balint
50/1
Mikel Arteta
50/1
Sam Allardyce
50/1
Mark Hughes
66/1
Roy Keane
66/1
Steven Gerrard
66/1
Sh

12 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Like I say though, as soon as someone wins something it puts them out of reach for us for the foreseeable.

To suggest we should only have winners as managers is a bit unrealistic.

In football winning means trophies and promotions.

Realistically our chances of signing that kind of manager would mean someone who didn't achieve it recently.

Fully accept your thoughts but DC has to pull out all the stops to get someone who at minimum will achieve a top six place, maybe take a chance with Cowley or make an offer Hughton cant refuse (accepted easier said than done in his case)

Warming to the idea of Rowett myself. Not a fan in the past in terms of his bitterness in defeat mainly when at Birmingham! But did  very well at 

Burton

Birmingham 

Derby

In difficult circumstances, didn't work at Stoke but a big rebuild there. Not my 1st choice or even in my top 3 but will get my full backing. And you never know it could just click. I do think we have to be happy with top 10 this season personally.

4 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Warming to the idea of Rowett myself. Not a fan in the past in terms of his bitterness in defeat mainly when at Birmingham! But did  very well at 

Burton

Birmingham 

Derby

In difficult circumstances, didn't work at Stoke but a big rebuild there. Not my 1st choice or even in my top 3 but will get my full backing. And you never know it could just click. I do think we have to be happy with top 10 this season personally.

I'm with you here, Stoke needed a complete overhaul whereas I don't think that SWFC do. Two or three key additions whilst reducing our current striker options  should give GR something good to work with.

This arrogance and cockiness that Rowett supposedly has is exactly what we need in our manager .....fed up of nice guy ..difficult to understand..bottle it .. type managers we’ve recently had ....if he gets the job .... get behind him and the team for f##ks sake ....wawaw

25 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Lesson number 1...don’t listen to Derby fans. They’re a bit special. 

I get it....was a bit tongue in cheek. 

But in fairness, and not specifically targeting you with this, but i am seeing a lot of "don't want him because the x fans didn't like him"

They hated Bruce at Villa in the end. 

End of the day, for the vast majority of managers in the UK, their career life circle at any given football club is along the lines of; started well, then did a bit crap and got fired. 

In fairness Rowett have a bad record, albeit it might not be sparkling. He's not the worst on the list.  His win% at Derby doesn't seem that bad, he ultimately got fired because they had a slump and didn't want to risk not reaching the playoffs(again). Frank came in and had the same win % (slightly lower in fact). Stoke was a different beast that perhaps no one was going to get a quick win there. 

Not my first choice, but I wouldn't be against Rowett being our next manager - so long as we've tried everything with the more attractive candidates and failed.

The football will be effective; we'll be hard to beat and work hard. His set up might get more out of Rhodes (if he stays), and the squad seems to fit in with the sort of players I'd expect Rowett to sign so minimal squad upheaval needed.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Don't really get this argument.

Who in football wins things other than those with the backing?

From our list of contenders? Hughton, Pulis, Karanka, Cowley, Megson and Stendel have all won promotions.

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I get it....was a bit tongue in cheek. 

But in fairness, and not specifically targeting you with this, but i am seeing a lot of "don't want him because the x fans didn't like him"

They hated Bruce at Villa in the end. 

End of the day, for the vast majority of managers in the UK, their career life circle at any given football club is along the lines of; started well, then did a bit crap and got fired. 

In fairness Rowett have a bad record, albeit it might not be sparkling. He's not the worst on the list.  His win% at Derby doesn't seem that bad, he ultimately got fired because they had a slump and didn't want to risk not reaching the playoffs(again). Frank came in and had the same win % (slightly lower in fact). Stoke was a different beast that perhaps no one was going to get a quick win there. 

Rowett didn't get sacked at Derby - he left them last summer to join Stoke.

I agree in not giving too much credence to the opinions of fans, but for what it's worth, the Derby fans I know rated him and weren't happy when he left. They can't stand him for leaving to join Stoke, though.

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQAvNQvyzCk

These videos are really interesting normally, coaches giving insights into what they were thinking, how they saw the play developing and what they were doing to counter it, all that kind of stuff.

Rowett's comments amount to "i took a huge gamble, threw 6 attacking players on and hoped for the best"

ffs

4 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQAvNQvyzCk

These videos are really interesting normally, coaches giving insights into what they were thinking, how they saw the play developing and what they were doing to counter it, all that kind of stuff.

Rowett's comments amount to "i took a huge gamble, threw 6 attacking players on and hoped for the best"

ffs

Compare it with the Cowleys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAjjINAH2CI