Looks like rowett

If he does come in, I just hope he embraces the players we do have and tries to play a style that gets the best out of them. 

My main worry about a Pulis is launching balls at Fletcher's head, whilst Bannan/Lee etc stand there looking confused. 

31 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Sounds a good fit in this interview.

Knows the division.

Has a ready made support team ready to bring in.

Success at Birmingham on a relatively low budget  but also spent wisely at Derby.

We could do worse.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-rowett-sheffield-wednesday-manager-3127269.amp

Just hope he keeps strudwick and bully on the staff if he comes with his entourage. 

Like this quote

It’s the coaching, the analysis, the recruitment, the physical side, the sports science side, the performance side… they have to all be aligned to how you want to play.”

seems a more modern approach to the game and means if appointed would probably keep Strudwick and maybe Bullen.

10 minutes ago, darra said:

Like this quote

It’s the coaching, the analysis, the recruitment, the physical side, the sports science side, the performance side… they have to all be aligned to how you want to play.”

seems a more modern approach to the game and means if appointed would probably keep Strudwick and maybe Bullen.

Massively important we keep Strudwick imo. Be good to keep Bullen on the coaching staff in some capacity also. 

Still young with a lot to prove, comes across as genuine and down to earth, could be a good choice this.

I noticed he blinks a lot in the Rams interview on youtube, if he can channel that rapidity to arm waving on the touchline, we have a winner.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, darra said:

Like this quote

This is similar to what i put about Wilderbeast in another thread.

He is the front man for man management and the like, but Knill is the one that pulls the strings regarding tactics and all that.

Wish Knill would find another job.

43 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It could be far far worse so let's all get behind him and the team.

Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday Mr Rowett, HMSPTL is about to set sail.

Think you could be right, though skybet are still taking bets @ 1/3

oddschecker page, still down..

I for one will get reyt behind him for at least two matches :biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

It could be far far worse so let's all get behind him and the team.

Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday Mr Rowett, HMSPTL is about to set sail.

As it been confirmed? :ph34r:

If it's Rowett or whoever else, we should all get behind the new manager, the team and the club. We should all pull together because with it being so near the season start. Everything that's gone on this summer, the timing of it all, it could be the making or breaking of our season. We should give them a chance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Rowett would be a good appointment as far as I'm concerned.

He's done well at three of his four clubs to date and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that Stoke had too many post-relegation issues to contend with for him to be a roaring success there. He's experienced enough without having gone stale and he knows this division inside out, so will be quickly au fait with the majority of our squad as well as many potential transfer targets.

I'm sure he'll have something to prove after his Stoke experience, so it could be a case of the right man at the right time as far as we're concerned.

Fully agree with this. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

I guess stoke were poor last season but that first half an hour at Hillsborough they ripped us a new one

Bored with it now let's just move on whoever it is, we'll be reyt, we have some reyt players that most managers would die for

think stoke had some bad eggs in that side Berahino one of. tbh that job needs a slow rebuild. fans expected to go up instantly 

1 hour ago, runningaround said:

think stoke had some bad eggs in that side Berahino one of. tbh that job needs a slow rebuild. fans expected to go up instantly 

Yeah I think Stoke had a few players who thought they were better than this level and probably didn’t want to be there anymore 

I wouldn’t be opposed to Rowett tbh 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

If he does come in, I just hope he embraces the players we do have and tries to play a style that gets the best out of them. 

My main worry about a Pulis is launching balls at Fletcher's head, whilst Bannan/Lee etc stand there looking confused. 

I would seriously consider my options if Pulis comes in...purely for that reason!! 

Rowett is the best of a mediocre bunch, if houghton & Pearson are adamant they don’t want it.

its looking more and more likely that we will be appointing a free agent, which is a little disappointing imo!! You need a good manager in place and that sometimes means spending some money to get the right man. Everyone has a price as we have just found out.