Looks like rowett

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That's the key thing. 

I want someone who wants to be here.

Not someone who thinks they're doing us a favour.

It's quite possible Hughton has asked for reassurances he will be given the tools to do the job

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

That's the key thing. 

absolutely 

as much as i hate what bruce did to us it's modern football -he clearly wanted that job to cause this mess - I'd love Cowley to approach us  but if he did we should pay the compo  not pull a fast one 

1 minute ago, happy bunny said:

It's quite possible Hughton has asked for reassurances he will be given the tools to do the job

I know what you mean.

On the other hand we're a decent sized Championship club with a half decent squad that's sniffed around the play-offs twice and just added a bit of pace.

There's plenty of people who that job would appeal to. 

Genuinely I think you just have to say "You want the job or you don't. "

6 minutes ago, darra said:

Would like Hughton but the problem with him now and with any other manager in this situation is if you have to persuade them to do the job over a number of days/weeks their hearts not really in the job and the danger would be if a job comes up down south he'd be off.

I totally agree with this. Someone earlier was making a similar point if the prospective appointee had to think it over which I disagree with. There's a marked difference between having to be persuaded and taking some time to consider if it's right for you. 

15 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That's the key thing. 

Isn't it generally the case tho that professional footballers and managers want to be at the club where they can get the most money (as we found to our cost with Big Ron)?

Guest gizowl

The main issue what anybody interviewed will have brought up and everyone connected to the club is wanting answering, is when is the bloody embargo going to be lifted. Any manager will know we're 3 players short of a potential top 6 side and ideally need them in the current transfer window. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Look, have we got this covered?

I mean to say have we got our agents at the usual hotspots, KFC, Montys, etc etc?

That won't work this time Snoots. I have heard DC is asking all candidates to make a very specific entry to S6 by way of a commitment/loyalty test........

tumblr_mbwbtr4zaa1qiw8y5o1_500.gif

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

The main issue what anybody interviewed will have brought up and everyone connected to the club is wanting answering, is when is the bloody embargo going to be lifted. Any manager will know we're 3 players short of a potential top 6 side and ideally need them in the current transfer window. 

With the squad we have and the injection of pace Odubako and Harris will add I think any half decent manager would have us challenging the top 6 spots.