Looks like rowett

9 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQAvNQvyzCk

These videos are really interesting normally, coaches giving insights into what they were thinking, how they saw the play developing and what they were doing to counter it, all that kind of stuff.

Rowett's comments amount to "i took a huge gamble, threw 6 attacking players on and hoped for the best"

ffs

What about the other five minutes of the video?

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

Obviously didn't do well at Stoke, but been a success every where else, is still relatively young, knows the Championship, and according to Biggsy is desperate for the job.

It could well work. 

The Stoke players didn’t want to know. Brought in some right wasters who virtually downed tools when they got their contracts. That’s what took them down.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not providing a bloody transcript for you!

:duntmatter:

Minute 1, he runs thru his side and talks a tiny bit about how we played possession football.

Minute 2, "Wednesday were very good." "I starter a center mid on the wing, so moved him into the middle and put a striker out wide"

Minute 3, "we made the change after 20 minutes, and played better in the 2nd half (wtf!?)." "Fletcher is fantastic"

Minute 4, "we got a pen for 1-1" "we threw everyone forwards and hoped for the best"

Minute 5, he just talks about the facts of the goal.

There's basically no insight, or expression of any tactics thought that went into the game at all aside from:

I threw 6 men forward and hoped.

and

I started with square pegs in round holes and changed that.

Compare it to the Cowley's who talk about the players burnley had and how they used that to manipulate burnley's play. How they were confident of giving burnley possession. how they played to a specific strength to disrupt burnley's defensive plan and pick up 2nd balls. the super organised defensive structure they employed because they were aware that 80% of their goals conceded come from a certain place on the pitch.

It just tells me that Rowett's a chancer and will be one of these journeymen managers who never get anywhere because they're not any good, but never go away because they're bloody minded and thing they're the dogs...

12 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Minute 1, he runs thru his side and talks a tiny bit about how we played possession football.

Minute 2, "Wednesday were very good." "I starter a center mid on the wing, so moved him into the middle and put a striker out wide"

Minute 3, "we made the change after 20 minutes, and played better in the 2nd half (wtf!?)." "Fletcher is fantastic"

Minute 4, "we got a pen for 1-1" "we threw everyone forwards and hoped for the best"

There's basically no insight, or expression of any tactics thought that went into the game at all aside from:

and

Compare it to the Cowley's who talk about the players burnley had and how they used that to manipulate burnley's play. How they were confident of giving burnley possession. how they played to a specific strength to disrupt burnley's defensive plan and pick up 2nd balls. the super organised defensive structure they employed because they were aware that 80% of their goals conceded come from a certain place on the pitch.

It just tells me that Rowett's a chancer and will be one of these journeymen managers who never get anywhere because they're not any good, but never go away because they're bloody minded and thing they're the dogs...

Hi Danny

• Haha 2

I like the Cowleys and have said on here that they'd be a good choice. They do however play a physical game game last season they got 66 yellows and 6 red cards.

Just now, darra said:

I like the Cowleys and have said on here that they'd be a good choice. They do however play a physical game game last season they got 66 yellows and 6 red cards.

We've got enough strikers to handle that. lol

4 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Well, I’ll take that advice from you as you clearly know your permutations and form guide.

I, on the other hand, place one bet a year and that’s on the Grand National, and if there’s a three legged 200-1 nag called Blue Owl then it’s a clear favourite in my book.

:laugh: my other half refuses to have a bet in the grand nat until she likes the colours on the jockey  she wins more than me ffs 

I know he did ok at Birmingham and Derby but I don’t really rate Rowett. It’s hard to put my finger on it, he sort of reminds me of Nigel Clough which I suppose is understandable. Draws too many, a bit too safety first and dour. That said I wasn’t that enamoured with the Bruce signing either even before he walked so maybe it’s me. There just doesn’t seem to be that much out there that’s got the experience. Maybe getting the Lincoln lads in would be a good move?

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

and

He says he put Maghoma inside to help the battle for the center that we used to control under carlos. Then he said he brought more attacking players on and told them to play with freedom. Basically leaving one mid and the back four to stop us. This meant we had to focus on defending against this new wave of attack. He concedes the game was very open from this point 'end to end' and points to the fact we hit the bar. This suggests it only narrowly worked, but it did work... so why complain? Also any decent manager knows you can give Nuhiu 6 sitters and he will only score 1... so he was pretty safe with the one that hit the bar too. 

2 hours ago, cookeh said:

and

I heard him explaining how...

• Wednesday's wide midfielders were very good at moving inside, which coupled with pushing our full-backs very high, outnumbered Birmingham's three midfielders despite us appearing to be lined up as a 4-4-2.
  • He used Davies as a right midfielder as he wasn't sure whether they'd need three central midfielders or could play with a number 10.
  • After about twenty minutes, he ditched the number 10, pushed Adams out to the right, and moved Davies into the middle so that they had the option of playing two sitting midfielders or using Kieftenbeld to screen the centre backs whilst pushing the other two further forward in order to press Wednesday higher up the pitch.
  • From 25 mins on, he felt this tactical switch helped Birmingham to grow into the game, and the second half performance was much stronger.
  • He gambled late on in the game, bringing on Brown to sit in front of the back four with instructions to get on the ball as much as possible, in order to take advantage of his talent on the ball.
  • He moved Stewart and Maghoma inside, which gave Birmingham six attacking players on the pitch, who he allowed to play with a lot of freedom.
  • Stewart and Maghoma combined for their second goal, with Stewart's run dragging Bannan out of position, which created space for Maghoma to deliver the assist for the winning goal.

For some reason, you're hearing what you want to hear and you're misrepresenting what he said.