Club statement

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

If we are owed money, does it actually matter what the reasons we pursue it are? You quote the media alot, which is fine, but if Newcastle haven't paid for the Steves, then we are owed money. Whether DC is pursuing it because he is p*ssed at Bruce, or because he is owed money, or because his dog crapped on the couch, is irrelevant, we are still owed the money. 

Do you really think if Newcastle United were legally obligated to pay us more money they wouldn't just pay it mate..this is a premier League club, all be it ran questionably at times, but ran by a shrewd businessman who wouldn't blink at giving us 4million if he needed too.

Edited by keepitsteel89
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Do you really think if Newcastle United were legally obligated to pay us more money they wouldn't just pay it mate..this is a premier League club, all be it ran questionably at times, but ran by a shrewd businessman who wouldn't blink at giving us 4million if he needed too.

Do you really think that if there is actually no legal discourse and everything is above board and sound, that DC would be pursuing legal action?

• Like 1

Guest Ash76
28 minutes ago, bobness said:

I think it's more that fans want to see a club announcement regarding the manager's position, which is something that's more on our minds at the moment.. This all seems like a bit of a distraction.

Understandable but naive to think the appointment of a new manager is on the back burner whilst this rumbles on.

7 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Do you really think that if there is actually no legal discourse and everything is above board and sound, that DC would be pursuing legal action?

Not for money owed for compensation, he's obviously eaither saying there was tapping up or making some claim about further compensation regarding the impact losing a manager a few weeks before the season starts will have. 

We arnt "owed money" as in..it clearly states that we get x amount of this or that if this happens and we have not got that amount yet. Because any judge in the land will instantly order Newc to pay us plus legal fees. And Ashley isn't that daft, this is a matter is discretion and by offering that up to the PL any discretion or interpretation of anything vauge is going to fall in there favour not ours. 

I guess we will have to wait and see but I think there's nothing we can do and this statement is just DC saving face 

Edited by keepitsteel89

6 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Not for money owed for compensation, he's obviously eaither saying there was tapping up or making some claim about further compensation regarding the impact losing a manager a few weeks before the season starts will have. 

We arnt "owed money" as in..it clearly states that we get x amount of this or that if this happens and we have not got that amount yet. Because any judge in the land will instantly order Newc to pay us plus legal fees. And Ashley isn't that daft, this is a matter is discretion and by offering that up to the PL any discretion or interpretation of anything vauge is going to fall in there favour not ours. 

I guess we will have to wait and see but I think there's nothing we can do and this statement is just DC saving face 

Why do you assume that Mike Ashley, possibly the single most pikie c*nt in the world, wouldn't look for the cheaper option. By all accounts from 90% of the media the sticking point is with the two stteves, which means he hasn't paid......

2 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Not for money owed for compensation, he's obviously eaither saying there was tapping up or making some claim about further compensation regarding the impact losing a manager a few weeks before a season starts will have. 

We arnt "owed money" as in..it clearly states that we get x amount of this or that happens and we have not got that amount yet. Because any judge in the land will instantly order Newc to pay us plus legal fees. And Ashley isn't that daft, this is a matter is discretion and by offering that up to the PL any discretion or interpretation of anything vauge is going to fall in there favour not ours. 

Surely the best thing for Chansiri to do if we aren't chasing anything would be to come out and say we have sorted things with Newcastle and then maybe report them for there conduct.

No. They still owe us money for Steve and Steve that's why we haven't wiped our hands of this and got on with finding a new manager.  

He is choosing the cheeper option..he's got some legal advice and asked them " what's the cheepest way I can get these guys in" and they have said "get them to resign" 

Contracts are contracts any money stipulated in them will have been paid or we would be taking them to court not to the PL. 

4 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

He is choosing the cheeper option..he's got some legal advice and asked them " what's the cheepest way I can get these guys in" and they have said "get them to resign" 

Contracts are contracts any money stipulated in them will have been paid or we would be taking them to court not to the PL. 

Not Necessarily, in Football, taking it outside the game is the second option after trying to sort it in the game, always has been. Although I believe than when the Prem do f*ck all, which they will because they are about as useful  as a dead hedgehog, we might look to the courts. Hence the DC taking legal advice thing

I mean do you really think if the two Steve's contracts stated we get x amount of they leave to another club then Newcastle United just would go "nah"

They don't need this s*hit anymore than we do, this is about legal interpretation not fixed amounts, and I'm sorry to say we are the underdogs 

4 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

An interesting twist in all this is that the supporters of our opposition are actually on our side too...

Pretty unanimous. Yet some of our own fans seem to be against this move lol

Yeah but I'm not sure some of our fans are actually fans

3 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I mean do you really think if the two Steve's contracts stated we get x amount of they leave to another club then Newcastle United just would go "nah"

They don't need this s*hit anymore than we do, this is about legal interpretation not fixed amounts, and I'm sorry to say we are the underdogs 

How do you know the 2 steves contracts had any fixed amount. How do you know that Ashley didn't just send 4 mill by bank transfer and expect to get all 3? Only, that was just Bruce. Face it, you know as much as the rest of us, which is f*ck all

If there was no fixed amount then we shouldn't expect a penny for losing them lol.. and fire the solicitors who draw up our employment contracts..

This is about legal interpretation or asking for some further consideration of the damages caused to us by all this. Not any fixed amounts or money owed to us that hasn't yet been paid. 

I basically do know this because it's common sense, you don't go to court over fixed amounts.

And we are obviously going to lose in a PL investigation, if we take it to a real court of law ide take more notice I doubt we will bother though 

Let's be right here, folk throwing random accusations around.

However. Even if it wasn't our club, if it was another chairman standing up to that fghking oily c7nt of a person, I'd back them to the hilt.

This is a man who employs people on zero hour contacts to work in his stores.

I'm so proud that Chansiri is standing up to him.

Edited by Furious George

1 minute ago, keepitsteel89 said:

If there was no fixed amount then we shouldn't expect a penny for losing them lol.. and fire the solicitors who draw up our employment contracts..

This is about legal interpretation or asking for some further consideration of the damages caused to us by all this. Not any fixed amounts or money owed to us that hasn't yet been paid. 

I basically do know this because it's common sense, you don't go to court over fixed amounts.

And we are obviously going to lose in a PL investigation, if we take it to a real court of law ide take more notice I doubt we will bother though 

We shouldn't expect a penny for them maybe not. But that's what we are fighting for the remaing compensation we are owed.

No way would we be claiming for damages or anything like that. But that's not to say we are not claiming a ridiculous fee for the two Steve's. and we clearly are other wise it would have been paid and sorted.

7 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Again how do you know that Ashley has paid what was in the contracts, or what DC wanted. You really don't, it is legit all guesswork on your part. You know as much as the rest of us, IE, nothing, apart from Bruce is a c*nt, and DC thinks Newcastle f*cked us. That is actually the be all and end all

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Again how do you know that Ashley has paid what was in the contracts, or what DC wanted. You really don't, it is legit all guesswork on your part. You know as much as the rest of us, IE, nothing, apart from Bruce is a c*nt, and DC thinks Newcastle f*cked us. That is actually the be all and end all

Ok so if we havnt been paid what we are owed, as in what the contract (s) clearly state we are owed. Then how do you think that will play in a court? Let me tell you there are some really stupid people out there, like unbelievable stupid, but no-one, no one in history, has been stupid enough to go to court over not paying the amount it clearly says in a contract you have to pay.

No one has, no one ever will, and no one is with this. 

I'm going to bed lol night

Edited by keepitsteel89

1 minute ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Ok so if we havnt been paid what we are owed, as in what the contract (s) clearly state we are owed. Then how do you think that will pay in a court? Let me tell you there are some really stupid people out there, like unbelievable stupid, but no-one, no one in history, has been stupid enough to go to court over not paying the amount it clearly says in a contract you have to pay.

No one has, no one ever will, and no one is with this. 

I'm going to bed lol night

That's the point though isnt it. It obviously doesn't say anything in the two stevies contracts about what is a set amount to pay so it is left to what we think they are worth. Otherwise you are right it would be set in stone.