Club statement

So 'negotiations' didn't go to plan. Wonder if any good will was exchanged? Likely done over phone and email etc. People really need to get around the table and thrash things out. Chances are that's not going to happen now. So wots owing? We need this top manager in and some more players. They need to be the focus now. 

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Im defending him purely on facts.

i don’t know if he was offered compo, I don’t know if he was how much, I don’t know if he sent it back. 

What i I do know is bruce didn’t wait for it to be sorted and walked out, that’s the only fact we know for sure. 

And on that and that that alone I will support chansiri 

Tbh I said this at the time, I don’t think any amount of compensation would have made DC say bruce could go, this is on,y my opinion but I think he’s said fizz you Newcastle he isn’t leaving, and he has every right to do that,  if that’s the case I’m expecting a similar thing that happened at palace. 

I agree with the last para (well the first bit).

Which is probably why Bruce resigned.

Because DC wasn't playing ball. He was quibbling over details because (in my opinion) he was hurting and wanted to make things difficult. 

Edited by Beholder

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

I think it's more that fans want to see a club announcement regarding the manager's position, which is something that's more on our minds at the moment.. This all seems like a bit of a distraction.

Still think the two things aren't linked?

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

That we have been offered a lump sum for Bruce is pretty consistent in all reports.

The amount quoted varies, but not massively.

I happen to believe the report that DC is quibbling over the compo for the assistants.

And If that's the case it feels misguided. But that's just my opinion.

Maybe it is the case. I don't know, and neither does anyone else on here.

3 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

So 'negotiations' didn't go to plan. Wonder if any good will was exchanged? Likely done over phone and email etc. People really need to get around the table and thrash things out. Chances are that's not going to happen now. So wots owing? We need this top manager in and some more players. They need to be the focus now. 

QMILEIi.gif

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I agree with the last para.

Because DC wasn't playing ball. He was quibbling over details because (in my opinion) he was hurting and wanted to make things difficult. 

Which is what we are doing now, especially after we bent over backwards to support him and do our best by him. See, this is why I never try and do good by anyone

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

I agree with the last para.

Bruce resigned because he was told to by Ashley (allegedly) to speed things up. IMHO

Why shouldn't DC make things difficult for another club to unsettle/poach an employee?

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

That we have been offered a lump sum for Bruce is pretty consistent in all reports.

The amount quoted varies, but not massively.

I happen to believe the report that DC is quibbling over the compo for the assistants.

And If that's the case it feels misguided. But that's just my opinion.

Exactly.   He is probably arguing over 500k.  seriously.  Its the principle of the matter.

Bruce has been compensated for.  Newcastle wouldn't have risked naming him as manager if we could turn round and just say actually no you dont.

Newcastle are trying to get his assistants for free. we are not letting them.

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Which is what we are doing now, especially after we bent over backwards to support him and do our best by him. See, this is why I never try and do good by anyone

End of the day we bent over backwards cos it was Bruce.

It wasn't cos we were the good guys or anything.

It was the condition given to us so we agreed. 

We could have refused, and Bruce wouldn't have minded.

That should have told us all we needed to know about his feeling for this club.. But we all chose to ignore our instincts , as DC did too.... because getting him seemed a coup 

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly.   He is probably arguing over 500k.  seriously.  Its the principle of the matter.

Bruce has been compensated for.  Newcastle wouldn't have risked naming him as manager if we could turn round and just say actually no you dont.

No point in trying to reason with these people. They would own a car dealership, someone would buy a car, then go "well, I'm taking those 2 as well" and they would be like "fine, no worries mate, all yours, I've got another customer". lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

End of the day we bent over backwards cos it was Bruce.

It wasn't cos we were the good guys or anything.

It was the condition given to us so we agreed. 

We could have refused, and Bruce wouldn't have minded.

That should have told us all we needed to know about his feeling for this club.. But we all chose to ignore our instincts , as DC did too.... because getting him seemed a coup 

Be fair, I never wanted him in the first place, and got slated for it, but, I dont blame DC for going after Newcastle. Even if they have payed the compensation for Bruce, they haven't for his two growths.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

In my opinion arguing over the principle is foolish. 

Saving face is not worth the price.

It creates a war of attrition that only enriches lawyers. And causes a right old stink. Something we could do without. 

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Be fair, I never wanted him in the first place, and got slated for it, but, I dont blame DC for going after Newcastle. Even if they have payed the compensation for Bruce, they haven't for his two growths.

I didn't want him, then I did.

Didn't seem right tho at the time. Him in feckin Barbados talking thro his sidekicks. 

It humiliated us.

I'm sure that's why DC is doing all this...which imo is not a good reason.

Just now, Beholder said:

In my opinion arguing over the principle is foolish. 

Saving face is not worth the price.

It creates a war of attrition that only enriches lawyers. And causes a right old stink. Something we could do without. 

Perhaps this is a scare tactic and we are demanding Gayle on loan at a price we can afford.

Chansiri will know what and why he is doing it.

Oh dear..I though we maybe had turned a corner and had some solid senior or outside council now regarding running a football club properly and how football works.

But this statement makes me think it's still DC's SS Slowlearner zigzagging aimlessly around with the radio switched off..

Poor guy probably thinks Mike Ashley is worried. FFS 

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I didn't want him, then I did.

Didn't seem right tho at the time. Him in feckin Barbados talking thro his sidekicks. 

It humiliated us.

I'm sure that's why DC is doing all this...which imo is not a good reason.

If we are owed money, does it actually matter what the reasons we pursue it are? You quote the media alot, which is fine, but if Newcastle haven't paid for the Steves, then we are owed money. Whether DC is pursuing it because he is p*ssed at Bruce, or because he is owed money, or because his dog crapped on the couch, is irrelevant, we are still owed the money.