Holloway

OK...........So apart from taking Blackpool & Palace  to the Prem .....& QPR to the Championship..........managing Plymouth/Bristol Rovers/Leicester/Millwall.............what has Holloway ever done for football ??

Reminds me of the Monty Python's Roman's sketch......................... OK apart from Sanitation/Aquaduct/Roads/Irrigation/Medicine/Education/Wine/Fresh water system....WHAT HAVE THE ROMAN'S EVER DONE FOR US !!

• Haha 3

I think it was the season before last and our first game at home v Holloway’s QPR. How we got a 1-1 draw was robbery as they played us off the park with some great passing and movement. His teams play good football and with the decent squad we have he might be able to get it all to fall into place.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twolaptops said:

OK...........So apart from taking Blackpool & Palace  to the Prem .....& QPR to the Championship..........managing Plymouth/Bristol Rovers/Leicester/Millwall.............what has Holloway ever done for football ??

Reminds me of the Monty Python's Roman's sketch......................... OK apart from Sanitation/Aquaduct/Roads/Irrigation/Medicine/Education/Wine/Fresh water system....WHAT HAVE THE ROMAN'S EVER DONE FOR US !!

In the last 4 to 5 years what has he done? What indicates that he is apart from others that are called dinosaurs? 

Edited by Spondon Owl

10 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Looks like Rob Staton has changed his name. And well done Rob for getting him to declare an interest. 

It appears Holloway would be a popular appointment, so it just shows what the national media know, once again. 

10 hours ago, twolaptops said:

He’s a very naughty boy !!!!

• Haha 1

He’s the only name out of the list who you get the impression would love to be here. 
After 2 clowns who seemed to be her under sufferance that puts him to the top of the list for me when all their other attributes are pretty much the same. 

Positives to Holloway

-Wants the job

-Gets Wednesday as a club and would understand what the fans want

- Always tries to play an attractive brand of football

-Promotions with Blackpool (f*cking incredible achievement really) and Palace

-Knows Barry Bannan well and would probably build the team around him

Negatives

-Millwall didn't go so well for him

-Can split opinion (This thread kind of proves that)

-Not managed a club this size

Not saying he'd be my first choice but he sure wouldn't be my last.

thing going for Holloway imo is that hes better with experienced pro's than he is with youngsters,

and, with the way weve  kept players this last few years, even with this freshen up weve had, its still full of older players who have been here a while.

Holloway would be a great fit. i would be well happy with it. 

12 hours ago, twolaptops said:

And don't forget his witty monologues had everyone rolling about with lots and lots of laughter...

stanleyhollowayjpg-837d0a0bc1be2342.jpg

18 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Megson took West Brom up twice didn’t he ?

Vintage Wednesday fan mentality . He did yes , nearly 20 years ago. Holloway has had his day but Megson Jesus, his was whilst dinosaurs still roamed the earth. Who genuinely would want these people managing our club . 

John Sheridan as well.... words fail :duntmatter:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Positives to Holloway

-Wants the job

-Gets Wednesday as a club and would understand what the fans want

- Always tries to play an attractive brand of football

-Promotions with Blackpool (f*cking incredible achievement really) and Palace

-Knows Barry Bannan well and would probably build the team around him

Negatives

-Millwall didn't go so well for him

-Can split opinion (This thread kind of proves that)

-Not managed a club this size

Not saying he'd be my first choice but he sure wouldn't be my last.

Not managed a club this size - are you having a laugh?

One word... Blackpool

I’ll leave that there.

Not a bad shout seeing as we are all at sea after that bloke just left us in the lurch (his name shall not pass my lips no more).

12 month contract so not too costly if it goes t its up.

Could surprise us and wouldn't be boring.

And he loves us. Or so I keep hearing.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 06:08, Kagoshimaowl said:

What’s Gary Megson done? Absolutely nothing yet some idiots want him too. Would take Holloway over Meggo any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

err two promotions to the prem with west brom  and got us to third  before being sacked for none football reasons apparently,so done nowt then lol