Holloway

On 20/07/2019 at 08:42, The Dukeries Owl said:

Boris Johnson has some supporters it doesn't make him a fit person to be a leader. 

Oh dear ..it's all about opinions...some people think we shouldn't leave EU ..they are just idiots

On 20/07/2019 at 04:30, Spondon Owl said:

There's a clamour on here from some to have Ian Holloway as our next manager.

Im sure I'm missing something, but what has Holloway done in footballing terms since ~2013 to warrant being a prime candidate? I can't think of anything of note.... 

Can someone explain?

NO in this, and the other Holloway thread.

9 hours ago, james o connor said:

Vintage Wednesday fan mentality . He did yes , nearly 20 years ago. Holloway has had his day but Megson Jesus, his was whilst dinosaurs still roamed the earth. Who genuinely would want these people managing our club . 

John Sheridan as well.... words fail :duntmatter:

It really is unbelievable isn’t it, a lot of dark age fans on here 

I don’t care that with Kevin Gallen’s help a Holloway team played us off the park 15 years ago, what relevance does that have 

I don’t think people really understand how much football has developed in the last 10 years 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, trevdi9 said:

err two promotions to the prem with west brom  and got us to third  before being sacked for none football reasons apparently,so done nowt then lol 

Meggo is awful mate. Turgid football and he couldn’t even get us out of League 1. He left and one of the worst managers we’ve ever had in Dave Jones did that for us. Meggo is a dinosaur who if he wasn’t an Owl wouldn’t be given the time of day on here. Holloway getting Blackpool up and almost keeping them there far outweighs what Meggo has done in football. Plus he’s a miserable bar steward unlike Holloway who has an amazing personality. I for one know which one I’d prefer.

Let’s not turn this into a Brexit thread, too divisive.

The UK’s contribution to the EU increased by 20% last year by the way.

The imminent collapse of the Eurozone, which will require bail outs, could cost the better-off EU members billions of pounds. The demise of Deutsche Bank being an early indicator of the direction of travel.

Go figure why the EU tries to keep the UK in the EU so desperately. The EU is already offering another extension of Article 50, “to help the new PM out”, and “to give more time to thrash out a deal”, against a background of stating the existing Withdrawal Agreement is not up for renegotiation???

No point worrying about Brexit when there is bugger all chance of anything changing any time soon. Boris will deliver the square root of bugger all.

The only time Brexit may be delivered is if we have a Parliament with Brexiteers heavily outnumbering Remainers. That needs a General Election and a shake up of the voting system, and that will not happen whilst first past the post suits the Tories and Labour. Meantime, the bigger agenda (which is working) is about divide and conquer, aiming to ensure the already drifting Brexit Party gains no extra traction, as the Tories morph into an insincere replica of Farage’s party.

All Boris has to do to take us out of the EU is to sit back, not ask for an extension to article 50, and wait for October 31st, to take us out by default. In the interim, continuing to finalise preparations for No Deal, which are at an advanced stage anyhow, with the Civil Service having planned for this for two years.

Seems straightforward right? Well, despite posturing by the Tories, against a programme of media misinformation, I still doubt that anything will change anytime soon.

That we are seriously planning to leave the EU I doubt. The clever trick is convincing the population after the failure to leave that we did everything we possibly could to do so.

Big business corporations and banks run the globe’s affairs, not Governments.

We can draw a line under this debate now. 

Back to stuff that’s worth arguing the tosh about on Owls Talk.

Come on Ollie! Conlisio et animals!

02F47BCE-1C74-4CD5-80C7-42AB54017406.png

F..k only knows what the magic ingredient is to becoming a successful football manager (and I'm damn sure many successful managers struggle with explanations when they - almost invariably - become unsuccessful ones eventually. But if nothing else, I believe IH would give the club a full on jolt of optimism and positivity that could see us do so well this season.

1 minute ago, Bleeder said:

F..k only knows what the magic ingredient is to becoming a successful football manager (and I'm damn sure many successful managers struggle with explanations when they - almost invariably - become unsuccessful ones eventually. But if nothing else, I believe IH would give the club a full on jolt of optimism and positivity that could see us do so well this season.

I agree, and for balance would also consider Hughton, the underlying, unchanging, requirement being getting a manager in sharpish with a CV that suggests he knows the Championship well enough to get a team promoted from it. 

As always, the solution is simple, the danger is when you try to overcomplicate the process by considering invalid parameters (managers not fitting the original requirement). Thierry Henry FFS!

38 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Let’s not turn this into a Brexit thread, too divisive.

The UK’s contribution to the EU increased by 20% last year by the way.

The imminent collapse of the Eurozone, which will require bail outs, could cost the better-off EU members billions of pounds. The demise of Deutsche Bank being an early indicator of the direction of travel.

Go figure why the EU tries to keep the UK in the EU so desperately. The EU is already offering another extension of Article 50, “to help the new PM out”, and “to give more time to thrash out a deal”, against a background of stating the existing Withdrawal Agreement is not up for renegotiation???

No point worrying about Brexit when there is bugger all chance of anything changing any time soon. Boris will deliver the square root of bugger all.

The only time Brexit may be delivered is if we have a Parliament with Brexiteers heavily outnumbering Remainers. That needs a General Election and a shake up of the voting system, and that will not happen whilst first past the post suits the Tories and Labour. Meantime, the bigger agenda (which is working) is about divide and conquer, aiming to ensure the already drifting Brexit Party gains no extra traction, as the Tories morph into an insincere replica of Farage’s party.

All Boris has to do to take us out of the EU is to sit back, not ask for an extension to article 50, and wait for October 31st, to take us out by default. In the interim, continuing to finalise preparations for No Deal, which are at an advanced stage anyhow, with the Civil Service having planned for this for two years.

Seems straightforward right? Well, despite posturing by the Tories, against a programme of media misinformation, I still doubt that anything will change anytime soon.

That we are seriously planning to leave the EU I doubt. The clever trick is convincing the population after the failure to leave that we did everything we possibly could to do so.

Big business corporations and banks run the globe’s affairs, not Governments.

We can draw a line under this debate now. 

Back to stuff that’s worth arguing the tosh about on Owls Talk.

Come on Ollie! Conlisio et animals!

02F47BCE-1C74-4CD5-80C7-42AB54017406.png

And the Conservatives are gleefully rubbing their grubby little hands, eager to cut the workers rights, to make the conditions at JD Sports and Sports Direct the norm.  Holidays will be cut, hours increased wages curtailed as Boris cuts the taxes again for the highest earners.  What have we got loose?