Odds For The New Manager

36 minutes ago, prowl said:

We won't know how good we are until we play some of the decent sides. If we can put poor sides to the sword (we have struggled in the past) and hold our own with the better sides we should be top 6.

It will be interesting to see how sides try to beat us. High press and speed is hard to defend against unless you pack the defence and hope to hit us on the break. With the likes of Reach able to score worldies from a distance that could be a risky thing to try.

I'm glad we've actually got a side where we're thinking how will teams beat us, rather than f*ck me how are we gonna beat them... 

• Haha 1

Just now, vulva said:

Play like they did Saturday and they won’t get enough points to finish bottom. 

Not every side is going to run them into the ground and press that high up 

They'll be fine - they can knock it around, they have a brand of football and don't look like the whipping boys they have been in the past 

30 minutes ago, vulva said:

People are getting seriously carried away. We’ve played who I think will finish bottom 2. 

Yes, yes, but we normally drop points against these sorts of teams! Strap yourself in - we're heading for the moooooooon!

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

People are getting seriously carried away. We’ve played who I think will finish bottom 2. 

Personally not getting carried away, as it's a long season but it is encouraging and exciting after the soft embargo and losing Bruce. It will be a test to see how quickly we bounce back from our first set back. Think, we'd be all be getting far more carried away if Bruce was still here and we'd have made the start we have under Bullen, regardless of who we faced.

Who knows how long it will last and whether Bullen is the right man or not but he's giving it a good go and deserves a crack at it, at least temporarily? Unless we can get an ambitious appointment or someone like Cook for example, seeing if Bullen is up to it, might in some ways be the most forward thinking and smartest thing to do?

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Personally not getting carried away, as it's a long season but it is encouraging and exciting after the soft embargo and losing Bruce. It will be a test to see how quickly we bounce back from our first set back. Think, we'd be all be getting far more carried away if Bruce was still here and we'd have made the start we have under Bullen, regardless of who we faced.

Who knows how long it will last and whether Bullen is the right man or not but he's giving it a good go and deserves a crack at it, at least temporarily? Unless we can get an ambitious appointment or someone like Cook for example, seeing if Bullen is up to it, might in some ways be the most forward thinking and smartest thing to do?

Bullen has done a brilliant job for DC. Not only has he won him points, he’s bought him time. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Bullen has done a brilliant job for DC. Not only has he won him points, he’s bought him time. 

True, in a way it's a win win situation, regardless of how long it lasts. If he isn't up to it, I'd imagine he'd go back to a coaching role and would have given us time to find suitable replacements but if he is the real deal and the right man at the right time, then it would have potentially saved DC money as well as time to make a difficult appointment, considering the betting list, available managers and restructuring.

51 minutes ago, vulva said:

17/18 bottom two, Sunderland and Burton

Owls 0 - 3 Burton

Owls 1 - 1 Sunderland

Burton 1 - 1 Owls

18/19

Rotherham 2 - 2 twice

Plus, we are playing so well.

I'm still in me two year "Kneejerk" phase...I react to every game on the result.....Only way to follow them...

Obviously there will be a cumulative effect depending on the run of results...But 2 games in..Top of the League!!!!!....Its the Championship..its madness...You got to go with it

4 hours ago, vulva said:

How can they be getting carried away when you only Think will finish bottom 2.

But if ya want i'll bet you  long un dingles don't finish in bottom 2.

2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

If we had Bruce he would have gone with that formation he played against arsenal and we probably would have drew both games lol

And got credit for a good point against a very good Barnsley side who are still buzzing from promotion...very difficult games derbies.

Good away point at Reading anall...a point away is always a good point in this league....anyone can beat anyone, no easy games in this league......blah blah blah ...........

Strange how opinions change depending how big a name the manager islol.......for some

32 minutes ago, JimmyMaC said:

Come december, if we still occupy a top 3 spot,I might get giddy and enjoy the turkey............

Weve got a long way to go,but optimisms a great feeling for once,course it wont last,its normally shot down by mid october if your an Owl

History also says we dont win back to back opening games aswell so you never know.

lol

Bullen could have a job for life here IF he remains a coach/occasional caretaker manager. If he takes the big job at some point in the next 2 to 3 years the statistical likelihood is he’s going to get sacked.

Depends on the mans ambition but it would be sad to lose him from the club, and DC lose his man in the dressing room.