Odds For The New Manager

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's not a problem while things are going great but if we hit a bad patch it might.

Why would that be different if we had manager rather than caretaker.

You could argue it would be better to have a caretaker in that scenario for obvious reasons.

I think any new manager should be on trial for 3 months before getting a contract...just like in the real world.:biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

, but again were probably all under consideration (possibly not Paul Jones), by Bruce

Bruce’s style of football has been criticised at previous clubs, it has been dubbed one-dimensional, unattractive and unambitious....so really not bruce type players.

Bruce likes 4-2-3-1 a lot.

We..so far are going 4-3-3 which allows us to play wider, not in keeping for bruce teams.

Why do you say probably? Suppose they could be.

Not having a go at bruce, he may well have got us promoted. But so far, we don't look anything like a bruce team.

10 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

CC was here two & half years, which is in the ball park of long term in football.

Well that went well....so why do we want another 'long termer' at all costs.

Besides he was only long term because of DC's loyalty, he should have gone after hudds, or maybe even hull.

He would have anywhere else

What odds Jose Mourinho as he says he’s the ‘Special One’ well let’s see how good he is with very little to spend, and for all you doubters there is a chance CC may ask him, after all the poo and poo names that’s been posed on here why not.

37 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Completely disagree when people keep saying this side is easier than this etc. Its arrogant to think teams are weaker than you. This is the the championship , there are no easy games all teams should be treated with the same respect, attitude of mind is vital otherwise you will get rightly bitten on the posterior!!

Eyup Big Jack, I agree that no games should be regarded as easier than others, except in hindsight. I do think though, that if the players are properly chosen and properly prepared for the different tests and situations that they are likely to come up against, the better team should win more of those games than they lose. Otherwise they would not be considered to be a better team.  I am pretty sure that attitude wise, managers prepare their players by warning them not to be complacent against teams like Burton, Rotherham, Barnsley etc and occasionally teams that look much better on paper, will end up still being complacent, or unprepared against these teams and come a cropper. However, when all 46 games have been played, most of the top 6, and bottom 6 teams will have been predicted by the majority of fans, pundits and bookmakers and only a small percentage will have turned out to totally surprise us over a full season and end up in the top six after being predicted for the top six. The odds would favour SWFC over Reading, Barnsley and Millwall, with Reading and Millwall finishing just above the relegation spots last season and Barnsley possibly being the hardest to predict after coming up, but still being given longer odds of promotion than Wednesday, so statistics would back up the majority of favoured teams beating the majority of non-favoured teams in a league situation. In a cup tie there are far more things come in to play, but as far as league games go, although any team can (and do) beat any other in this division, teams fancied to be in with a chance to go up will generally beat teams fancied to go be in with a good chance of going down, but there are, of course, always exceptions throughout the season. Hopefully Wednesday will not slip up too often against teams they are fancied to beat and surprise a few people against teams we are expected to lose to and that is where a good manager comes in isn't it. Let's hope our manager and  caretaker manager this season can swing the balance our way when we need it, by choosing the right tactics, formation, players and advice for more games than ever before and take us up without too many worries!

UTO!

6 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Well that went well....so why do we want another 'long termer' at all costs.

Besides he was only long term because of DC's loyalty, he should have gone after hudds, or maybe even hull.

He would have anywhere else

I never said I want a long termer, I said I don’t want Bully long term - mostly for the reasons you illustrate perfectly. ATM Bully is a well liked figure amongst the fans. When it invariably goes t1ts-up it will be sad to see him get hounded out of the club. I would much rather he stays on in a coaching capacity. 

11 minutes ago, owlsruleok said:

What odds Jose Mourinho as he says he’s the ‘Special One’ well let’s see how good he is with very little to spend, and for all you doubters there is a chance CC may ask him, after all the poo and poo names that’s been posed on here why not.

Why, is CC going to ask him for the assistants job ?

9 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Yes clearly I do...

But these are winnable games.

Thats all Im saying.

If you want to stroll down memories cast your mind back to burton. We lost 3-0 Bullen was in tears almost after the game. Thats what I dont want to see happen again.

I used to cry when they handed Christmas presents out on the telly on the children's ward... I didn't cry when my dad died... people change..

6 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Why would that be different if we had manager rather than caretaker.

You could argue it would be better to have a caretaker in that scenario for obvious reasons.

I think any new manager should be on trial for 3 months before getting a contract...just like in the real world.:biggrin:

Bruce’s style of football has been criticised at previous clubs, it has been dubbed one-dimensional, unattractive and unambitious....so really not bruce type players.

Bruce likes 4-2-3-1 a lot.

We..so far are going 4-3-3 which allows us to play wider, not in keeping for bruce teams.

Why do you say probably? Suppose they could be.

Not having a go at bruce, he may well have got us promoted. But so far, we don't look anything like a bruce team.

Theres not much difference between the two systems as we are effectively 4231 or 451 without the ball and 433 on the attack. Bruce’s Villa side had some good wingers involved too and I think we’ve followed a similar blue print. 

It's Bully's job to lose. He seems he's the right man at the right time for us. Give him time and a shot at it. I'd give him the job in September or October if we keep up momentum and if he bounces back from any set backs. If not I'd ignore the typical merry-go-round names and would go for someone on the rise or someone high profile, however I think we've possibly already got the right man for the job.

Edited by The Night-Owl