Odds For The New Manager

7 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

And got credit for a good point against a very good Barnsley side who are still buzzing from promotion...very difficult games derbies.

Good away point at Reading anall...a point away is always a good point in this league....anyone can beat anyone, no easy games in this league......blah blah blah ...........

Strange how opinions change depending how big a name the manager islol.......for some

Yep, and at the end of the day, 6 points out 6, so who could have done better

3 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Bullen could have a job for life here IF he remains a coach/occasional caretaker manager. If he takes the big job at some point in the next 2 to 3 years the statistical likelihood is he’s going to get sacked.

Depends on the mans ambition but it would be sad to lose him from the club, and DC lose his man in the dressing room.

He could be out of a job next week if we get a new manager in who wants his own people

5 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Bullen could have a job for life here IF he remains a coach/occasional caretaker manager.

Eh? What if a new manager said we don't want him...what if a new chairman said we don't want him....what if Newcastle poach him to show bruce the ropes

:biggrin:

So Bullen is now 1/10 and Rowett is 8/1. Everyone else is 10/1 and above. So lesson to learn is that the bookies were just guessing and looking at Owlstalk. The ludicrous thing is, people may have backed Bullen and he may be in caretaker charge for 11 games, then someone else becomes available and is hired. They will be paid out as Bullen being permanent manager, without him actually ever have been permanent manager. lol

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

So Bullen is now 1/10 and Rowett is 8/1. Everyone else is 10/1 and above. So lesson to learn is that the bookies were just guessing and looking at Owlstalk. The ludicrous thing is, people may have backed Bullen and he may be in caretaker charge for 11 games, then someone else becomes available and is hired. They will be paid out as Bullen being permanent manager, without him actually ever have been permanent manager. lol

Thats why i said he was fantastic value @12/1 ages ago, compared to the favs and most of em had no chance at all.

Still not over yet but still think bullen or an unknown.

2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Eh? What if a new manager said we don't want him...what if a new chairman said we don't want him....what if Newcastle poach him to show bruce the ropes

:biggrin:

Don’t think it’s up to the new manager tbh.

I think most clubs nowadays have a coaching set-up in place & a new manager brings in a couple of “his” people to compliment the team already there. I can understand the confusion as obviously this modern way is new to us. It helps when you sack a manger you don’t have to pay off & then recruit a whole team of people each time.

30 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Don’t think it’s up to the new manager tbh.

I think most clubs nowadays have a coaching set-up in place & a new manager brings in a couple of “his” people to compliment the team already there. I can understand the confusion as obviously this modern way is new to us. It helps when you sack a manger you don’t have to pay off & then recruit a whole team of people each time.

Fair point, still think there is no such thing as a job for life though

10 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Hope Bully proves to be the right man, he seems the real deal to me but if not, I'd go for the likes of Paul Cook, Alex Neil or Danny Cowley. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Dan Petrescu was considered again though.

To be fair, Dan Petrescu is doing very well.  UTO 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

I think the job comes with Bullen attached  as a coach tbh

I hope not. 
Think if we are bringing in a new manager then must give him leeway to bring in his own coaches.
If that doesn't include see a new role for Lee Bullen then so be it.
Yes Lee Bullen is very popular with us all but the club don't owe him a job for life. No room for sentiment in football.

42 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I hope not. 
Think if we are bringing in a new manager then must give him leeway to bring in his own coaches.
If that doesn't include see a new role for Lee Bullen then so be it.
Yes Lee Bullen is very popular with us all but the club don't owe him a job for life. No room for sentiment in football.

He will be required when the new manager inevitably leaves.

21 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

I think the job comes with Bullen attached  as a coach tbh

Maybe before when Bullen didn’t throw his name in the hat. Another manager may not feel comfortable working with someone that quite a lot of fans think should be manager now. Be awkward if we have a bad run and everyone’s saying we should have gave it to someone on your coaching staff. Don’t think it’s clear cut Bullen stays this time. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Maybe before when Bullen didn’t throw his name in the hat. Another manager may not feel comfortable working with someone that quite a lot of fans think should be manager now. Be awkward if we have a bad run and everyone’s saying we should have gave it to someone on your coaching staff. Don’t think it’s clear cut Bullen stays this time. 

Has he thrown his name in the  hat ? 

Put this in the Cowley fred 

We have got a decent side and made a decent start but I don't see us as a shoe in for a promotion spot or even a playoff spot at the moment 

as I have said before I don't see Bully as the answer  the  players brought in by the club were from a list that had been formulated from Bruce's time , Bully has conceded that 

I would love to see the Cowleys here but it would probably be next season when they really put their Stamp on whether they w ere given that time who knows

To give us a good crack at it this season we need a manager in the Bruce mould and soon so he can prepare for the next window finances allowing 

I have huge respect for Bully but the crowd will turn very quickly on him after a couple of bad results,, he will not be afforded the same luxury a new manager would enjoy .

11 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Hope Bully proves to be the right man, he seems the real deal to me but if not, I'd go for the likes of Paul Cook, Alex Neil or Danny Cowley. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Dan Petrescu was considered again though.

Don't think Bullen is in the running personally, he is the bookies man and has  been for some time, DC could have appointed him at any time but he hasn't and that speaks volumes.

I honestly think we are waiting for our man.