Odds For The New Manager

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

I'm red / green / brown colour blind mate! Wouldn't know a cat in a red hat even if it shat in me flowerbeds.

:duntmatter:

I'm colour blind. I don't know what colour that one-eyed cooking fat from next door is, but it regularly leaves me a deposit. And not one I can take to the bank.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Warming to Bullen more and more, not just with the results but in front of the camera and reporters. Certainly gone ahead in the pecking order of names like Coleman, Pulis and the rest.  

Comes across as very knowledgeable, has other teams watched and acts on their recommendations.  Playing attractive football, whats not to like?  

The test will come how he reacts to couple of bad results.

So far, so good.

7 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Comes across as very knowledgeable, has other teams watched and acts on their recommendations.  Playing attractive football, whats not to like?  

So far, so good.

Defeats which he’s already pre warned, will inevitably come.  That’s the thing, we don’t have the quality to expect more than a top ten finish, under any manager, so defeats will happen, so yes it will be how LB reacts to those defeats

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

So far, so good.

I've always liked Bully, obviously formed from his time playing for us. When he's had to step in and fill someones's shoes for a few weeks, he has always done so with little fuss or upheaval, and in his interviews he always comes across as calm, knowledgable and and a thinker too. I think he is deep to be honest, and there's nothing wrong with that.

As for how he reacts to a couple of bad results - assuming he gets the role - many of us have seen that from him already, as a player. He doesn't come across as someone who will easily loose their head and will probably simply remind the players of their qualities, whilst addressing any issues with tactics etc. It happens to every manager and I am sure he will be fine. I can't see a team purely under Bullen going on a run like we had with Jos!

I'm not saying he is the best man for the job, but there aren't many better placed at the minute, and that's credit to Bullen, not disrespect to the others.

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Defeats which he’s already pre warned, will inevitably come.  That’s the thing, we don’t have the quality to expect more than a top ten finish, under any manager, so defeats will happen, so yes it will be how LB reacts to those defeats

Last season we finished 1 point off 10th and 10 points of 6th, and that was with a truly terrible manager for half the season. So you think our squad is significantly worse than last season, I assume?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Nothing but admiration for LB and the way he is handling the situation 

He loves the club and has a good group of players

if he gets it I’m more than happy 

Far better than one of the merry go round failures 

Agree with the first bit.

How you can compare him to “failures”

with hundreds of games and playoffs/promotion on some cvs im not so sure!

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Last season we finished 1 point off 10th and 10 points of 6th, and that was with a truly terrible manager for half the season. So you think our squad is significantly worse than last season, I assume?

No, it’s very similar, if we can improve by 10 points, that would be a decent outcome

14 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

I’m not convinced that Bullen really wants the job.

His wife runs a very successful business in Sheffield. If he gets the job, and gets the sack, then what’s next for him?

He is better off staying in the back room where he essentially has a job for life.

If he gets into the management game though his pay and compensation could be life changing. 

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Agree with the first bit.

How you can compare him to “failures”

with hundreds of games and playoffs/promotion on some cvs im not so sure!

Pulis, Pardew, Coleman, Sam etc

Give me Bullen any day.

Rowett is slightly different but he's nothing on his CV?

Cowley, Rowett both had to start somewhere.

Get Bullen a Stuart Gray type right hand man and i'd be happy with that.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Pulis, Pardew, Coleman, Sam etc

Give me Bullen any day.

Rowett is slightly different but he's nothing on his CV?

Cowley, Rowett both had to start somewhere.

Get Bullen a Stuart Gray type right hand man and i'd be happy with that.

Think Bullen and Rowett might be similarly but the latter has the experience of this league. Doesn’t have the promotions but has had a few playoff games at Burton and Derby. Birmingham sacked him when they were neck and neck with us for 6th and then they dropped off.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Think Bullen and Rowett might be similarly but the latter has the experience of this league. Doesn’t have the promotions but has had a few playoff games at Burton and Derby. Birmingham sacked him when they were neck and neck with us for 6th and then they dropped off.

Bullen is an Owl through and through... get;s him the nod for me

But he needs help, pronto.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

No, it’s very similar, if we can improve by 10 points, that would be a decent outcome

What about if we continue on the run of form we've had since Jos left.  A 10 point improvement on that will see us top 2.

14 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Bullen is an Owl through and through... get;s him the nod for me

But he needs help, pronto.

Taking a step back from the sentiment. When you’re losing millions a year and need promotion, I think it needs more than that. But ia change at the moment would need to be handled carefully as there is a good feeling about the place.

Edited by Bluesteel

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Should finish higher than that.  Once the injured players returned last season we did much better with the introduction of pace in the side I'm expecting top six or at least to be pushing for the top six.