Odds For The New Manager

14 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Put this in the Cowley fred 

We have got a decent side and made a decent start but I don't see us as a shoe in for a promotion spot or even a playoff spot at the moment 

Our form since Jos left says different.

27 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Has he thrown his name in the  hat ? 

The quote I read was “If the chairman goes with me then I feel I am ready for it”

Think that pretty clear he has. After Carlos he said something along the lines of the club needing a manager and the time after Luhukay he pretty much backed Steve Bruce for the job after the Preston game. 

I think it's gone on too long now not to be Bullen. The longer he is in charge, the more undermined he will be if a new manager comes in and the more damage it will do to squad morale.

We're playing good attacking football, recruited well, players are happy and motivated and shown tactical awareness (which I thought he was lacking) in the first two games. 

Bullen wasn't my first choice, not a choice at all in fact, but does look our best option right now. I can accept losing some games if we keep playing high energy, fast paced attacking football, because we will win plenty more. We are enjoyable to watch right now, that's not always been the case.

33 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Don't think Bullen is in the running personally, he is the bookies man and has  been for some time, DC could have appointed him at any time but he hasn't and that speaks volumes.

I honestly think we are waiting for our man.

Not so sure about that, imagine replacing Bullen after we’ve won the first 5 games and are 3-4 points clear at the top of the league. That won’t go down too well with supporters, players or the media. Seems like a bad idea to me, the manager should have been confirmed this week. 

2 minutes ago, striker said:

I think it's gone on too long now not to be Bullen. The longer he is in charge, the more undermined he will be if a new manager comes in and the more damage it will do to squad morale.

We're playing good attacking football, recruited well, players are happy and motivated and shown tactical awareness (which I thought he was lacking) in the first two games. 

Bullen wasn't my first choice, not a choice at all in fact, but does look our best option right now. I can accept losing some games if we keep playing high energy, fast paced attacking football, because we will win plenty more. We are enjoyable to watch right now, that's not always been the case.

I'll think we'll tick along with Bullen without any official announcement.  I think that gives the club maximum flexibility.  It's working for now, why change it.

Guest Ferkorf
25 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not so sure about that, imagine replacing Bullen after we’ve won the first 5 games and are 3-4 points clear at the top of the league. That won’t go down too well with supporters, players or the media. Seems like a bad idea to me, the manager should have been confirmed this week. 

But no matter what manager we had in charge at the start of the season we should have expected to win most of our first 6 games with the players we have. 

Preston away is the only tricky one where we usually play crap.

Hudders away on 15th of sept is when the real season starts and thats when poo will hit the fan no doubt. Thats when we will need a manager in.

Thats when Bullen will be tested and hopefully wont end up in meltdown like did last year

24 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

But no matter what manager we had in charge at the start of the season we should have expected to win most of our first 6 games with the players we have. 

Hudders away on 15th of sept is when the real season starts and thats when poo will hit the fan no doubt. Thats when we will need a manager in.

Thats when Bullen will be tested and hopefully wont end up in meltdown like did last year

Our form since Bruce arrived is as good anyone in the division and since he left we've had the best pre-season under DC and strengthened the side with the best transfer window for 4 years but you feel we are just away from a meltdown and go crashing down the league...hmmmm reyt

27 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

History shows we can’t expect anything from opening games no matter who the manager is. The real season has started and every game is a test.

Guest Ferkorf
3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Our form since Bruce arrived is as good anyone in the division and since he left we've had the best pre-season under DC and strengthened the side with the best transfer window for 4 years but you feel we are just away from a meltdown and go crashing down the league...hmmmm reyt

Hhhhmmm reyt, so you clearly haven't understood or even read what I put as I never mentioned crashing down the league or we will be having a meltdown. Nice try though 

Guest Ferkorf
3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

History shows we can’t expect anything from opening games no matter who the manager is. The real season has started and every game is a test.

Maybe so but would you not say 4 wins out of those 6 games would be a disappointment or border line failure compared to the 6 fixtures after?

Guest gizowl

On paper we have had a supposed easier start, but early season results throw up a lot of surprises,pre season favourites, Fulham, weeds, stoke, west Brom, forest all struggling, forget last season form, Millwall have got off to a great start, that is a tough game, whose saying tudders is when the season starts is talking gonads. 

Guest gizowl
39 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Gonads absolute gonads. 

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Maybe so but would you not say 4 wins out of those 6 games would be a disappointment or border line failure compared to the 6 fixtures after?

It would be disappointing for sure. Losing always is but even with the best manager / squad in recent years we’ve struggled at the start of the season. To expect it to be easy and only get a proper test in September does the current efforts a disservice. Every game is difficult and has the potential to trip up even the best teams, especially as they find their feet early doors. 

39 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

We usually play crap at Reading.

We've a poor points return in South Yorkshire derbies under Mr Chansiri's reign.

We've taken 6 points from Reading and Barnsley.

Millwall away will be a tough test, without doubt. Any attitude of turning up expecting to win and we'll lose the game.

Any team in this division genuinely can beat anyone, expecting wins is nonsense. The next two home games look a good opportunity to collect maximum points, but I also remember the "easy" games in our promotion chase under Carlos. Didn't we draw 0-0 at home against a team who didn't have a goalkeeper and people were predicting double figures? lol

53 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

You don’t remember MKD, or Burton, or Rotherham, or Charlton, or Wigan, or QPR, or Ipswich? 

All teams we should have beaten.

Guest Ferkorf
27 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

We usually play crap at Reading.

We've a poor points return in South Yorkshire derbies under Mr Chansiri's reign.

We've taken 6 points from Reading and Barnsley.

Millwall away will be a tough test, without doubt. Any attitude of turning up expecting to win and we'll lose the game.

Any team in this division genuinely can beat anyone, expecting wins is nonsense. The next two home games look a good opportunity to collect maximum points, but I also remember the "easy" games in our promotion chase under Carlos. Didn't we draw 0-0 at home against a team who didn't have a goalkeeper and people were predicting double figures? lol

Right so you didnt start the season absolutely thinking this is the best run of fixtures to start the season we could have asked for?

Or you started it thinking OMG we are going to be bottom of table? 

Seriously even Bullen would have been licking his lips knowing these games are more than winnable.

Im sure if the first 6 were cardiff fulham stoke hull leeds and wba then most fans would have been crying chocolate tears

Guest Ferkorf
24 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You don’t remember MKD, or Burton, or Rotherham, or Charlton, or Wigan, or QPR, or Ipswich? 

All teams we should have beaten.

Yes clearly I do...

But these are winnable games.

Thats all Im saying.

If you want to stroll down memories cast your mind back to burton. We lost 3-0 Bullen was in tears almost after the game. Thats what I dont want to see happen again.

6 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Right so you didnt start the season absolutely thinking this is the best run of fixtures to start the season we could have asked for?

Or you started it thinking OMG we are going to be bottom of table? 

Seriously even Bullen would have been licking his lips knowing these games are more than winnable.

Im sure if the first 6 were cardiff fulham stoke hull leeds and wba then most fans would have been crying chocolate tears

No, I looked at the fixture list and thought we had the chance of a decent start - something we don't usually do. I don't take anything for granted - being a Wednesday fan for 35 years has taught me that!

History also tells me Wednesday play better/get better results against the tougher opposition, and usually f*ck up against the so-called "easy" games! lol 

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Yes clearly I do...

But these are winnable games.

Thats all Im saying.

If you want to stroll down memories cast your mind back to burton. We lost 3-0 Bullen was in tears almost after the game. Thats what I dont want to see happen again.

He's lucky............................................I was in tears :sad:

• Haha 1