Odds For The New Manager

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Should finish higher than that.  Once the injured players returned last season we did much better with the introduction of pace in the side I'm expecting top six or at least to be pushing for the top six. 

Sure, but I wasn’t saying 10th, although it would still be an improvement on last season, anywhere in the top ten should be possible

22 hours ago, jack whitham said:

Holloway is an idiot.

That has won two promotions to the Premier League, one with a very average set of players he turned into a terrific team, and working with Oyston, a complete @r53hole.

No mean feat.

I wonder from what position you’re in a position to judge? Are you a BBC pundit?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

That has won two promotions to the Premier League, one with a very average set of players he turned into a terrific team, and working with Oyston, a complete @r53hole.

No mean feat.

I wonder from what position you’re in a position to judge? Are you a BBC pundit?

Ooh get you..i meant to say hes a f@cking idiot.

49 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Ooh get you..i meant to say hes a f@cking idiot.

Can see why Ollie divides opinion because his success with Blackpool and Palace has not been repeated in his more recent appointments.

I think we would not be short of amusing press conferences but I do wonder whether he still still has the hunger especially given he has a short fuse with temperamental players. Eg I am Fessi’s biggest fan but no way would he be at the club with an old schooler like Ollie in charge. He reminds me of Bill Shankley when asked whether a player was happy at the club: “Someone paid to play football and not being happy? Not a question of a club fine, he should be in jail.’

Why are so many determined for a new man to be brought in? There doesn't seem to be anything wrong at present. We even seem more attacking and progressive than when Bruce was in charge. I'd personally, rather see what Bullen can do with this squad that look to respect and believe in him. Instead of risking that for one of the typical merry-go-round names that haven't done anything of note for several years or someone that's never never achieved anything of note. I see no reason, why it can't work out and if it doesn't work out, then let him return to a coaching role, if he wishes.

All decent managers start somewhere, we might already have the right man here and giving him a chance to see what he can do is more forward thinking than going for a has been or multiple failure. I'd give it to Bullen after around 10 games or if not I'd like to see an ambitious appointment (someone like GVB or Tedesco or a Cook or Neil type) or a similar forward thinking type of appointment (high profile coach/assistant on the rise).

5 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Should finish higher than that.  Once the injured players returned last season we did much better with the introduction of pace in the side I'm expecting top six or at least to be pushing for the top six. 

We should definitely be able to push for top six

The squad we have, if we ride our luck and remain injury free should get a place in the playoffs 

With a few more additions in Jan, and if we’re just outside top 2, we could push on. 

11 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

We should definitely be able to push for top six

The squad we have, if we ride our luck and remain injury free should get a place in the playoffs 

With a few more additions in Jan, and if we’re just outside top 2, we could push on. 

We won't know how good we are until we play some of the decent sides. If we can put poor sides to the sword (we have struggled in the past) and hold our own with the better sides we should be top 6.

It will be interesting to see how sides try to beat us. High press and speed is hard to defend against unless you pack the defence and hope to hit us on the break. With the likes of Reach able to score worldies from a distance that could be a risky thing to try.