Odds For The New Manager

I’m not convinced that Bullen really wants the job.

His wife runs a very successful business in Sheffield. If he gets the job, and gets the sack, then what’s next for him?

He is better off staying in the back room where he essentially has a job for life.

1 minute ago, NYCOWL said:

His wife runs a very successful business in Sheffield. If he gets the job, and gets the sack, then what’s next for him?

He is better off staying in the back room where he essentially has a job for life.

He could always revert to another role at the club

2 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Wtf has his wife got to do with it.?

..kin ell, the reasons now are getting fooookin mental

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I’m pretty sure Bullen has ambitions too. Most people do. People really expect him to stay as coach until he retires? 

If we get a new manager there is no guarantee they’d want to keep Bullen as part of their team. 

I’m pretty sure Bullen and his wife understand the nature of employment he is in and have planned for such circumstances. 

The recruitment has been great but is most likely based on Bruce's targets. Having said that Bullen has done little wrong and the team were fully deserving of the victory yesterday. He's got to be worthy of consideration but overall DC has a tough choice to make.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

4 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The recruitment has been great but is most likely based on Bruce's targets. Having said that Bullen has done little wrong and the team were fully deserving of the victory yesterday. He's got to be worthy of consideration but overall DC has a tough choice to make.

Also, Bullen’s recruitment in this window seems pretty good as well

17 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I reckon he’s quite happy where he is.

Although he has stated numerous times now in the press, that if offered he would take the job. 

Having met Bullen a few times, he wants to go as far as he can in coaching. He’s said he wants the job, so i’ll believe him. 

What has happened is that the start has bought the Chairman some extra time to make a decision. I think ideally he’d like to let it run until the international break and assess the situation again then?

That said Bullen is coming across more assured and as ambitious as he has at any time that he has been caretaker manager. I’m still not convinced he’s the right man long term but it’s pretty obvious that the Chairman is struggling to appoint a successor that compares with Bruce’s track record which I believe is his preferred option?

As much as the idea of Bullen as permanent manager still makes me very nervous, I certainly wouldn't change anything at the moment - unless Hughton calls Chansiri and begs for the job after all!

Confidence and momentum count for so much in football, and at the moment we've got plenty. The real test of Bullen will come when we have a few poor results / performances, which is inevitable, or the injuries hit (which for us, is also usually inevitable too), or if some unrest develops from players out of the first team picture. 

The situation is quite reminiscent of when Stuart Gray first took over. Initially it was temporary and everyone (including me) doubted he had what it took to be a number one. But the good results just kept coming and in the end Milan had no choice but to appoint him full time. Could the same thing happen again? Would be ironic considering Chansiri gave Gray the bullet.

Edited by paulrs

14 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

What has happened is that the start has bought the Chairman some extra time to make a decision. I think ideally he’d like to let it run until the international break and assess the situation again then?

That said Bullen is coming across more assured and as ambitious as he has at any time that he has been caretaker manager. I’m still not convinced he’s the right man long term but it’s pretty obvious that the Chairman is struggling to appoint a successor that compares with Bruce’s track record which I believe is his preferred option?

I don’t think any of us are entirely convinced that Bullen is the right man, but it can’t be anything he’s done so far this season He’s overseen the potentially unsettling period, post Bruce leaving, managed the remainder the pre season preparations, had a decent transfer window, and has us top of the league. Interesting mate, what would you say your main reservations were with Bullen in the role full time?

Just now, gurujuan said:

I don’t think any of us are entirely convinced that Bullen is the right man, but it can’t be anything he’s done so far this season He’s overseen the potentially unsettling period, post Bruce leaving, managed the remainder the pre season preparations, had a decent transfer window, and has us top of the league. Interesting mate, what would you say your main reservations were with Bullen in the role full time?

What's that US motherfuckerdon't think so ?

I reckon Bullen will have impressed DC over the last 4 and half years since he’s been owner/chairman. I imagine loyalty is high on the list of attributes in Thai cultural, and Bullen has shown this in bucket fulls. Also, DC strikes me as being unconventional and I don’t think he would worry in promoting essentially the previous managers’ 3rd hand man.