Odds For The New Manager

34 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

If it was bullens it would already be announced wouldn't it? I bet DC is waiting out for someone again like he did with Bruce 

Could be giving it time to see if he's the real deal. One of the main tests will be to see how we react and bounce back to any set backs. Nothing suggests we're waiting for a high profile name, more likely seeing how Bully fares in the job. If he keeps things up and proves he's up to it, then it looks like his to lose if not then I'm sure we'll be considering other options just incase.

On 14/08/2019 at 12:37, The Night-Owl said:

Don't know for certain one way or another but I'd have thought Bully would now at least have worked himself into contention and consideration? This is now his third spell as caretaker, he's twice held the fort since Jos and our form since Jos is all the more remarkable considering the upheaval during that time.

Although to be honest, my ideal choice would have been someone high profile or on the rise, Bully's earnt himself a shot at it and it appears to me to be his to lose now. If he doesn't get it, the new man will have to be someone high profile or doing well somewhere to justify not giving it to Bully. I think he's going to get it eventually, he seems like the right man at the right time but if it doesn't work or he doesn't get it I'd go for someone like Cook or Cowley or a high profile young foreign manager.

Yes - I seem to recall you mentioning this a couple of times before in this thread ......

lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Bit of money going on David O'Leary!   Forgot he even existed!

Not a bad option but he's been out of management for a long time. Decent in his time but is his time past? I could see DC being tempted.

Football has moved on, has he?

52 minutes ago, prowl said:

Not a bad option but he's been out of management for a long time. Decent in his time but is his time past? I could see DC being tempted.

Football has moved on, has he?

Terrible for Villa, they hated him

22 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

It's Bully's job to lose. He seems he's the right man at the right time for us.

We seem to have lost a manager at the right time for him!  Look at August's fixtures...he must be rubbing his hands together.  

Yeah yeah, every game in the Championship is hard, you can only beat what's in front of you, blah blah blah, but come on...what an opportunity for him.  

53 minutes ago, Harry Cannister said:

Personally I think we won't appoint anyone until either we go on a bad run or at least 10 games into the season purely based on the fact that now that the 3 Steve's have left we are saving 100k a week in wages which can only help our FFP situation..............crafty DC

It could be a costly economy. If we appoint a good manager who gets us challenging at the end of the season any points dropped now due to bad management could cost us dear.

I'm not saying LB is going to cost us points. Just that if DC wants to appoint a manager he thinks has more chance of getting promotion, it's better to do it earlier rather than later. Saving £100k per week (I think it's more like £60k) could cost us £120m or whatever promotion is worth these days.

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

We seem to have lost a manager at the right time for him!  Look at August's fixtures...he must be rubbing his hands together.  

Yeah yeah, every game in the Championship is hard, you can only beat what's in front of you, blah blah blah, but come on...what an opportunity for him.  

What opportunity?

He's on a hiding to nothing with some fans.

Win six out of six and it counts for nothing: "easy fixtures that any manager would have won. Let's see how he does against decent opposition." Someone even posted earlier that 4 wins would be considered failure.

And let's not forget, however well or badly the team perform, it's on the back of Bullen and the academy coaches. How much better could he do with an experienced assistant and another quality coach?

Guest gizowl
2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

GONADS, not one team in this division would be rubbing their hands about going to Millwall tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Don't know about that, there are no guarantees in football and especially at this level. Some of those are the types of fixtures we slipped up in, even when we made the play-offs. There's no guarantee that even Bruce would have won those games, if he was still here. Millwall away will be tricky, they've started quite well. Luton won't be easy either.

How often at this level do we see surprise results or bottom teams beat top teams, on their day, almost anyone can beat anyone at this level. Everyone plays everyone eventually, I remember last season some people saying the Pigs had had a kind run of games, yet they stayed up there. Points are points, regardless of who they're against, just gotta keep racking them up and proving people wrong.