Odds For The New Manager

You have to laugh...well, sort of. 

Bruce really didn't leave is the brown stuff. 

A decision (one way or another) needs to be reached next week. 

Whether it's going along with Bullen for the time being (trial by fire basis) or bringing in a new man. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Whether it's going along with Bullen for the time being (trial by fire basis) or bringing in a new man. 

In agreement with you, we need an appointed leader so we have some focused direction. 

5 hours ago, Rogers said:

Wonder if the CEO is doing work behind the scenes to get someone in, whilst DC is in Disneyland

I didn't know we had a CEO. We had Katrien Meire but she has left.Did I miss a replacement coming in?

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

not quite understanding that SIJ but if you're saying he didnt leave us in the sh*t I disagree tbh  he spent what budget we had on players that may not be fancied by someone else 

perhaps what he did do is show the club how a proper manager works 

• Like 1

Just now, Weshallovercome said:

Due to the inactivity, DC being on his hollibobs and Hughton turning us down, either Paxo is scouring the planet for another 'gem' or the job is Bullen's to lose.

Don't you start

Got enough with Bullen's mate Waltham

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Ferkorf
6 hours ago, Rogers said:

Wonder if the CEO is doing work behind the scenes to get someone in, whilst DC is in Disneyland

I'll be there monday morning if they announce rowett sunday

I seriously hope Lee bullen doesn't get the job for any length of time..for all the right reasons.

I wouldn't be able to slag Lee Bullen off, should it go pear shaped...I'd simply sit on the sidelines and watch it go off..rather sadly.

The bloke obviously has an affinity with the club..Not like yer Carlos, or Jos..or especially the last treachorous incumbent...He has a bond with the fans and a bond with the club....Its his bond with the players that worries me..

Surely by now, given the position he is in, and has been in..Has made him a  little too close to the players...Not his fault..his remit over the last few years has probably made it more or less impossible to be anything else....I don't see that has healthy when it comes to the hard decisions...Pretty similar to the position I as a fan would be..when I knew it was time to call for his head...

• Thanks 1

Think we need someone attack minded. 

Whether they're out of work; in work, British or foreign, experienced or young, high profile or on the rise, etc. I think we need someone unafraid to attack teams at this level. We've got the foundations in place, we improved defensively and we've got experience. Just need a bit more of an attacking mindset to take games at teams. 

I'd go for someone like Tedesco, Gio or Cook, if possible or someone similar, if we can't get Hughton.

16 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I seriously hope Lee bullen doesn't get the job for any length of time..for all the right reasons.

I wouldn't be able to slag Lee Bullen off, should it go pear shaped...I'd simply sit on the sidelines and watch it go off..rather sadly.

The bloke obviously has an affinity with the club..Not like yer Carlos, or Jos..or especially the last treachorous incumbent...He has a bond with the fans and a bond with the club....Its his bond with the players that worries me..

Surely by now, given the position he is in, and has been in..Has made him a  little too close to the players...Not his fault..his remit over the last few years has probably made it more or less impossible to be anything else....I don't see that has healthy when it comes to the hard decisions...Pretty similar to the position I as a fan would be..when I knew it was time to call for his head...

Good post. Hearing people abusing Bullen and chanting for him to be sacked would not be nice to hear when things start to go wrong. These same fans wanting Bullen to get the job no doubt would be among the first wanting him sacked. I am a big fan of Bullen, even read his book :-) I just hope he stays on the coaching staff but nothing more. 

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

interesting they will still take a £400  bet at 5/4 

I actually thin the market will have been very profitable for them. Think quite a bit of money has been placed on numerous candidates. Think several candidates must have had some encouragement and suspect a bit of money went on likes of Zola and Coleman. Think lots of fans backed Hughton. Pulis has been supported heavily. Lots of fans had a bet on GVB and think a few did a bit of speculation in Genosio, Stendel and and Cowley at big prices. Rowett although in betting did not have much real momentum until last week and they may want to balance book. Alternatively they could think going elsewhere somehow doubt this as not sure anybody knows yet. 

With his announcement did you expect price to shorten? I thought it may drift slightly.

Guest Ferkorf
5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Benito Carbone begging for the job again by looks of it 

Desperate to come ‘home’ apparently 

He should have come home 22 years ago but the little slippery w@nker chinned us off.

I still blame him for us being relegated that season

12 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

He should have come home 22 years ago but the little slippery w@nker chinned us off.

I still blame him for us being relegated that season

I think you have to look at the manager at the time along with some (not all) of the other player who were bang average.