Odds For The New Manager

I Liked Megson  ,Not only as a manager ,Spoke to him came across as a decent Man ,Take him back anytime ,Although some purist do not like his style of football.I am only bothered about winning ,Style of play don't care less ,Not everyone liked Wilkinsons  style of play ,I Certainly did.Nobody liked playing us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I Liked Megson  ,Not only as a manager ,Spoke to him came across as a decent Man ,Take him back anytime ,Although some purist do not like his style of football.I am only bothered about winning ,Style of play don't care less ,Not everyone liked Wilkinsons  style of play ,I Certainly did.Nobody liked playing us.

I'm sure Megson is a nice bloke if you met him. But his public persona has always felt divisive to me.

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Although Rowett would be a bit of an underwhelming appointment, I’d still expect him to do a better job than Bullen due to his previous managerial achievements and reputation. 

What has Rowett achieved ...nothing. 

Guest Ferkorf
16 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

What has Rowett achieved ...nothing. 

What have any of them achieved....

We are Sheffield Wednesday not Barcelona lol

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Bullen knows the players, he's seen what the problems are. He's previously looked lost as he normally takes over in January when we are all but relegated. That said he normally gets results even then. He looks relaxed about the situation this time. 

Let's see how relaxed he looks tonight at 5pm.

If he does not beat a side strongly fancied for relegation it is a disaster. He regularly failed to finish games off.

• Haha 1

Not a bad job is it, top of the table, talented squad, room to bring in a couple of loans, 40k stadium, amazing travelling support, and lovely kits.  

If I was Chansiri I would be calling a few people back to see if they’ve changed their mind 

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not a bad job is it, top of the table, talented squad, room to bring in a couple of loans, 40k stadium, amazing travelling support, and lovely kits.  

If I was Chansiri I would be calling a few people back to see if they’ve changed their mind 

No chance, if that’s case they should’ve wanted job in first place 

5 hours ago, Quist said:

If he does not beat a side strongly fancied for relegation it is a disaster. He regularly failed to finish games off.

How do you feel about it now. A win, and he's dealt with the disaster of Westwood being sent off?

9 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

How do you feel about it now. A win, and he's dealt with the disaster of Westwood being sent off?

More worried than I was before having watched the game. We won and some players played well but there were some real issues.

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Such as?

Defending was not as good as it should have been. Co-ordination between midfield and defence was not as fluid as one would have liked. Westwood had a poor game (very poor by his standards). Against a more athletic midfield we would have struggled. badly. They have serious weaknesses in their side and will struggle unless make acquisitions (not sure if had players injured). Fletcher had a couple of early moments and then the big defender had him shackled until substituted. Harris provided pace we were missing but another guy with acceleration is required.

Could bringing in someone experienced to assist Bullen be an option worth considering? Bullen's stepped in admirably a few times now, he's clearly got the respect of the players. Bruce showed him and the club the way to go at this level, which is what made sense about going for someone like Hughton. But if Bullen is the man, then there's bound to come tests during a long season, where things don't go as well, that's where the experience and nous of an experienced head might help Bullen?

Some people just make a good no2 - maybe he doesn't want the manager's job full time.

Having said, they normally do - almost feel they need to apply to show the owner they're ambitious. 

Older fans will remember Eustace, who lasted 6 months (4 months too late). It took a seasoned manager in BFR to bail the club out bit it went to the wire.

40 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Could bringing in someone experienced to assist Bullen be an option worth considering? Bullen's stepped in admirably a few times now, he's clearly got the respect of the players. Bruce showed him and the club the way to go at this level, which is what made sense about going for someone like Hughton. But if Bullen is the man, then there's bound to come tests during a long season, where things don't go as well, that's where the experience and nous of an experienced head might help Bullen?

if you bring in someone experienced in why not just appoint him instead. what's the point of having a assistant who's better than the mananger

31 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

if you bring in someone experienced in why not just appoint him instead. what's the point of having a assistant who's better than the mananger

Was thinking more along the lines of a DOF/adviser or just working alongside him in some capacity. Personally, I'd prefer getting someone like Hughton or Cook or a high profile manager from abroad such as GVB or Tedesco. But if we can't, then why not keep Bullen in charge and seeing what he can do, instead of settling for some average appointment? I think Bullen is capable of doing the job but having some experience around might help him even more, especially when things get tough. I have no qualms replacing Bruce with a suitable replacement, if it's someone proven, with calibre or on the rise but if we can't then why not give him a chance incase we already have the right man here.