Odds For The New Manager

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Im starting to think we should give Bullen ten games and see if he can hack it. 

I don't see any other credible alternatives.

Although Rowett would be a bit of an underwhelming appointment, I’d still expect him to do a better job than Bullen due to his previous managerial achievements and reputation. 

1 minute ago, ... said:

Great post. End of the day my only intention in all of this was to try and make people and myself a few bob. When he gets appointed I will be delighted because  A. He’s a decent manager but B. Because most of us will have a nice return. 

If somehow he doesn’t get appointed and at this point that seems almost impossible I will take all the Abbie’s in the world.

He's  not getting the job, he has no experience of succeeding.  Overseas is where the next manger will be from.  

Guest Ferkorf
20 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He's  not getting the job, he has no experience of succeeding.  Overseas is where the next manger will be from.  

I don't think he is daft enough to gamble on another unknown entity from abroad.

I know carlos did well but in fairness with the money he had and players that were already here anything other than top 6 would have been a failure. Jos may have had injury problems within the squad but he shouldn't have been left in charge of the u18s let alone first team.

30 minutes ago, ... said:

Great idea in and October when season is all but over then what? 

The season isn't finished in October, and I think Bullen is going to get the job, if he's given ten games. 

None of the other Managers give two fecks about where there next job is, apart from Megson maybe, and he seems to be hated as he organises teams to play functional football which achieves results. 

garymegson

31 minutes ago, ... said:

Great idea in and October when season is all but over then what? 

Agree, also whoever it is (hopefully Rowett now as I've got money on him) needs to get busy in the transfer market before Thursday. We have a leaner squad, but still reliant on players who miss parts of the season. 

I'm sure Strudwick is good, but can we expect Hutchinson, Lee, Fletcher, FF for example to get through a full season unscathed, not to mention a couple of the new signings come with injury baggage. 

We have a competitive starting 11, but quality drops off a cliff edge the moment we have to introduce many of the squad players. I think we're 3 players short and midfield paper thin and would be our downfall this season if we dont do any business.

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

The season isn't finished in October, and I think Bullen is going to get the job, if he's given ten games. 

None of the other Managers give two fecks about where there next job is, apart from Megson maybe, and he seems to be hated as he organises teams to play functional football which achieves results. 

garymegson

Which leaves other managers to come in and finish the job*

12 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I don't think he is daft enough to gamble on another unknown entity from abroad.

I know carlos did well but in fairness with the money he had and players that were already here anything other than top 6 would have been a failure. Jos may have had injury problems within the squad but he shouldn't have been left in charge of the u18s let alone first team.

So employing a British manager is a better gamble?   Where is the evidence of that over the past 20 years?

57 minutes ago, ... said:

hearing whispers that Rowett won’t be at the game so don’t go on to meltdown if he doesn’t get mentioned at the game.

too much of a distraction reason been given. Will no doubt have stream of the game.

Shame that. Was really hoping for 3 points and Rowett in the stands. :-)

Guest Ferkorf
14 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

So employing a British manager is a better gamble?   Where is the evidence of that over the past 20 years?

Not saying its better but I believe a manager with previous in this league would be more suitable as do all the fans that are still crying over bruce leaving us

I think if it’s a foreign manager coming in he needs to get off to a strong start cus he will be afforded limited patience from fan base here,  majority seem quite insistent on a British Manager 

Rowett is fine by me, I'd have preferred Hughton but Rowett a close 2nd best.

Good record, point to prove since Stoke (similar to Kebab Features at Villa).  I watched the video about his methods/tactics when he got the Stoke job and his most successful set up re. points gained fits perfectly with what Cabbage Gob was planning.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Bullen credible! 

Safe pair of hands Rowett.

Exciting roller coaster Cowley or Stendel

Think some of others who employ radically different styles would be risk but the above would be better than Bullen and less risk.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Absolutely, no denying that. But we've had plenty of time to appoint a manager

OK so you wouldn't be one of the first to criticise him if he brought in <insert any manager name here> 2 weeks ago and it all went t1ts up.

The message then from some criticising now would be he shouldn't have had a knee jerk reaction and should have taken all the time needed.

Seems to me dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

3 hours ago, striker said:

Absolutely, no denying that. But we've had plenty of time to appoint a manager

And then if the Chairman had appointed someone quickly, it would give the moaners something to complain about if we get off to a bad start.

31 minutes ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

@Dronfield Blue thanks for the neg

Is that not what happened?

It is not a neg, it's a disagree.

There is no plus either it's an agree.

I believe that Megson, had he stayed would have taken us up. he wasn't sacked for performance, he didn't get on with MM. Mind you if he called MM a Serbian C*** I could see why he'd sack him.

I'll give you a plus agree for your post so as not to upset you.

Edited by Dronfield Blue

2 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

No credible alternative are you having a laugh.

Pulis - proven track record plus promotion on is cv

Rowett- inproved most teams he's managed apart from stoke which was a poison chalice at thst time

Holloway- 2 promotions to is name

Coleman- did well at fulham and wales to the euro semi finals

Yes they have failed at certain clubs but to say they are not credible and to say bullen is who has northing apart from a few games as caretaker is blinkered in my opinion

26 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It is not a neg, it's a disagree.

There is no plus either it's an agree.

I believe that Megson, had he stayed would have taken us up. he wasn't sacked for performance, he didn't get on with MM. Mind you if he called MM a Serbian C*** I could see why he'd sack him.

I'll give you a plus agree for your post so as not to upset you.

No upset here pal

Merely wanted an opinion on it and thanks for giving yours, I like to see how others view things.

UTO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Bullen credible! 

Safe pair of hands Rowett.

Exciting roller coaster Cowley or Stendel

Think some of others who employ radically different styles would be risk but the above would be better than Bullen and less risk.

Bullen knows the players, he's seen what the problems are. He's previously looked lost as he normally takes over in January when we are all but relegated. That said he normally gets results even then. He looks relaxed about the situation this time. 

Let's see how relaxed he looks tonight at 5pm.