Odds For The New Manager

43 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

if you bring in someone experienced in why not just appoint him instead. what's the point of having a assistant who's better than the mananger

The point I'm making is, that if it's not a proven or high calibre manager or someone on the rise, then why settle for someone average that's either not achieved anything or some has been that's done nothing for years? If it's not a suitable replacement for Bruce then why settle for bringing in someone underwhelming or average, when we got someone like Bullen at the club already. I just feel if Bullen did the keep the job, it would help having someone around to advise or help in some way during the twists and turns of a long season.

Just read what Hutchinson said, team fittest they have been since he arrived said Bruce did great. Bully has come in and changed things. That statement is a worry to me and why Bullen needs to be moved aside. Anybody who thinks we defended well yesterday go and watch full match replay on owls site when it is available tomorrow.

Desperately need some new blood think Bruce said 4 players and this is correct. 

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, Animis said:

Some people just make a good no2 - maybe he doesn't want the manager's job full time.

Having said, they normally do - almost feel they need to apply to show the owner they're ambitious. 

Older fans will remember Eustace, who lasted 6 months (4 months too late). It took a seasoned manager in BFR to bail the club out bit it went to the wire.

Yep that was an unmitigated disaster although the club was in a slight downward spiral on the pitch even before he took the reigns

I think Bullen is better suited to being the link between coaching staff and the players. 

Of course he thinks he could be the manager and I think it would be fine until we lost 2 on the bounce 

33 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

The point I'm making is, that if it's not a proven or high calibre manager or someone on the rise, then why settle for someone average that's either not achieved anything or some has been that's done nothing for years? If it's not a suitable replacement for Bruce then why settle for bringing in someone underwhelming or average, when we got someone like Bullen at the club already. I just feel if Bullen did the keep the job, it would help having someone around to advise or help in some way during the twists and turns of a long season.

I understand what you are saying and if no one is available then fine. But what scares me is if bullen loses a few he may fall apart, i may be wrong but is reaction after the burton game concerns me and then where do we go, our season could be over or worse

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yep that was an unmitigated disaster although the club was in a slight downward spiral on the pitch even before he took the reigns

I think Bullen is better suited to being the link between coaching staff and the players. 

Of course he thinks he could be the manager and I think it would be fine until we lost 2 on the bounce 

Agree, it's a role he's proved to be good at. 

My other concern is that Bruce had the mini Steve's. I know Bullen has people helping, but who is doing their  jobs while they help out?

Is it reasonable for Bullen to do the work of the 3 Steve's on a long term basis? Does he bring his own assistants in? Does he have contacts to bing in other coaches to work under him ?

I think a Rowett regime including Bullen, could bring the best of both worlds to maintain team spirit and add managerial experience. 

Really don’t like how Pulis is still drifting about in the odds. I’d rather have another unknown foreigner than him ( and I don’t want that at all )

its a pretty bad list tbf so unless somebody comes out of nowhere or Hughton does a u-turn I think our only option is Rowett other than that we go Bullen 

hardly inspiring 

cant help but thinking this might cost us the season because it’s delaying or missing pieces of bringing in transfers 

and then settling into new managers methods 

I’d honestly rather keep Bullen than appoint Pulis or Rowett

People like Rowett because he’s young and talks well, but what’s he achieved?

Pulis is out of the stone ages and can’t see the players liking him or his methods 

Bullen has the momentum and the respect of the players 

Edited by FreshOwl

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’d honestly rather keep Bullen than appoint Pulis or Rowett

No agenda but can you please explain why?

I'll be honest i can see another peter eustace hope im wrong. If you disagree then fine convince me

7 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

No agenda but can you please explain why?

I'll be honest i can see another peter eustace hope im wrong. If you disagree then fine convince me

5 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

If you read the rest of his post he does exactly that.

lol 

19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

lol 

Thanks for the response after i asked the question, you can see what i was replying to before you edited you post. I would say momentum can be short lived in football same as respect. I think you need a little bit more like ability and knowhow and how to deal with adversity  which bullen does not have that

1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

Thanks for the response after i asked the question, you can see what i was replying to before you edited you post. I would say momentum can be short lived in football same as respect. I think you need a little bit more like ability and knowhow and how to deal with adversity  which bullen does not have that

Forgot I edited the post as it was so soon after.

I’m not sure I’d say I’d want Bullen for the gig full time, but I’d much rather have him in the interim, than take on either of those 2 full time 

On 30/07/2019 at 19:55, Ferkorf said:

Shame School is out if not you could have joined us in my English class and learned how we in Year 7 spell big words like Remember.

Nice to see your mother let you have your owlstalk password back though it was a cracking response, very witty Mr Daws can't wait to chat again Zzzzzzz

Soz, I was away..I took a trip up the yellow brick road to see this old bloke who had a big bushy beard.

Anyhow I asked if he could help you, he said soz but I gave the scarecrow all I had.

Anyhow nice talking again.

Hope you are keeping well

*remember, no need to capitalise..

Edited by sherlyegg

4 hours ago, Quist said:

Just read what Hutchinson said, team fittest they have been since he arrived said Bruce did great. Bully has come in and changed things. That statement is a worry to me and why Bullen needs to be moved aside.

I thought he was making reference to the formation change (though I may be wrong )

If heard it right,  im  all for the change in formation.  Think the 4-3-3 suits us.

4 hours ago, Quist said:

Just read what Hutchinson said, team fittest they have been since he arrived said Bruce did great. Bully has come in and changed things. That statement is a worry to me and why Bullen needs to be moved aside. Anybody who thinks we defended well yesterday go and watch full match replay on owls site when it is available tomorrow.

Desperately need some new blood think Bruce said 4 players and this is correct. 

I think it was a first game scenario to be fair 

Give them time to settle down a bit - a load of tipped sides for the playoffs got turned over yesterday, I can’t imagine they’re gonna rip the side up straight away 

See where we are after 5 games and if the defence is still shaky then we know what to do 

Guest Ferkorf
3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

People saying Bullen should be given a chance. Would you still think the same if we got turned over by Barnsley next weekend? 

Tbh our team with or without a manager should not be losing any of the first 5 maybe 6 games they are all winnable games

5 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Tbh our team with or without a manager should not be losing any of the first 5 maybe 6 games they are all winnable games

Shouldn't be difficult on paper but we all know how hard we will make it for ourselves against the dingles, they are up in confidence after promotion .

Edited by stocksyuto