Odds For The New Manager

Guest wilyfox

There will always be a section of our fanbase that want the next young hotshot manager in charge. Personally, I just want someone who knows what they're doing and can take us back to the league we've missed for 20yrs. 

19 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Who's your pick then? 

Not the likes of Pulis; Rowett, Monk, Ollie, Zola, Coleman, Cooper, etc. I'd avoid has beens, those who've done nothing or failed numerously and those with multiple jobs or sackings. My first choice would be someone like Hughton or Jokanović but if we can't get the likes of them I'd love for us to show some ambition and forward thinking by going for the likes of Gio or Tedesco. If there's no chance of attracting them, I'd go the Villa route and go for someone on the rise like Cook or Neil for example.

I think there are better candidates out there available or in work, abroad or already over here, who we should consider. Instead of the usual names and failures, I'd like us to be ambitious or more progressive/forward thinking. However, whoever gets it, will have a tricky job without a pre-season with our squad to assess and recruit, etc. They'll probably have to work with the squad as it is or will need time to implement their methods, etc.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Not the likes of Pulis; Rowett, Monk, Ollie, Zola, Coleman, Cooper, etc. I'd avoid has beens, those who've done nothing or failed numerously and those with multiple jobs or sackings. My first choice would be someone like Hughton or Jokanović but if we can't get the likes of them I'd love for us to show some ambition and forward thinking by going for the likes of Gio or Tedesco. If there's no chance of attracting them, I'd go the Villa route and go for someone on the rise like Cook or Neil for example.

I think there are better candidates out there available or in work, abroad or already over here, who we should consider. Instead of the usual names and failures, I'd like us to be ambitious or more progressive/forward thinking. However, whoever gets it, will have a tricky job without a pre-season with our squad to assess and recruit, etc. They'll probably have to work with the squad as it is or will need time to implement their methods, etc.

You've O'D on Elev8ate .........

lol

• Haha 7

Guest Ferkorf
23 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

There will always be a section of our fanbase that want the next young hotshot manager in charge. Personally, I just want someone who knows what they're doing and can take us back to the league we've missed for 20yrs. 

Ahh I miss the good old days of being shyte in a higher league at least when we got thumped we could say giggsy ripped us a new one lol

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Ahh I miss the good old days of being shyte in a higher league at least when we got thumped we could say giggsy ripped us a new one lol

Thats not how I remember it. 

9 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You've O'D on Elev8ate .........

lol

Those wanting the yesterday's men (the likes of Pulis or Ollie, etc) or the serial failures with no promotions (i.e. the likes of Rowett or Monk) have no ambition and got sunstroke or something. The ones calling for managers who are unsuitable replacements, short-sighted or a bad fit, will probably be the first ones calling for their heads when they don't work out. The cycle will continue with short term thinking or lack of forward thinking or a bad fit. Hope we show some more ambition and/or forward thinking, and get it right, whoever we get. However, with a lack of pre-season, etc whoever gets it, whatever they calibre will need given a chance and support, due to the timing.

Edited by The Night-Owl

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

Surprised Mark Hughes hasn’t been mentioned more

What an horrendous manager, surprised he hasn’t had a mention tho agreed 

Guest Ferkorf
5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Thats not how I remember it. 

I do...

First 2 or 3 seasons we were good, then we went pants....

Had a season when andy booth was our top goalscorer then back to survival mode again. 

Suppose at least we had some quality players then

Guest Ferkorf
4 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Surprised Mark Hughes hasn’t been mentioned more

I spoke about this the other day. Never seen him linked at all and I imagined he would be 

Guest wilyfox
25 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I do...

First 2 or 3 seasons we were good, then we went pants....

Had a season when andy booth was our top goalscorer then back to survival mode again. 

Suppose at least we had some quality players then

All opinions, but I thought we were holding our own until the board let BFR go in favour of Danny Wilson. That killed us, but anyway...ancient history now. 

Guest Ferkorf
7 hours ago, wilyfox said:

All opinions, but I thought we were holding our own until the board let BFR go in favour of Danny Wilson. That killed us, but anyway...ancient history now. 

Ancient is an understatement, £75 for a season ticket, £60 for home and away shirt, £15 for away tickets, £25 for a puma king jacket suppose they truly were the good old days lol

8 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Those wanting the yesterday's men (the likes of Pulis or Ollie, etc) or the serial failures with no promotions (i.e. the likes of Rowett or Monk) have no ambition and got sunstroke or something. The ones calling for managers who are unsuitable replacements, short-sighted or a bad fit, will probably be the first ones calling for their heads when they don't work out. The cycle will continue with short term thinking or lack of forward thinking or a bad fit. Hope we show some more ambition and/or forward thinking, and get it right, whoever we get. However, with a lack of pre-season, etc whoever gets it, whatever they calibre will need given a chance and support, due to the timing.

Rowett is hardly a serial failure, the only place he hasn't had success is at Stoke and that's a club with problems.

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Rowett is hardly a serial failure, the only place he hasn't had success is at Stoke and that's a club with problems.

Or looked at another way, the only place he’s had success was Burton. He’s done OK at some of the other places, but shouldn’t we be looking for more than that

9 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Just another season at S6.