Odds For The New Manager

11 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Good post. Hearing people abusing Bullen and chanting for him to be sacked would not be nice to hear when things start to go wrong. These same fans wanting Bullen to get the job no doubt would be among the first wanting him sacked. I am a big fan of Bullen, even read his book :-) I just hope he stays on the coaching staff but nothing more. 

Wonder what sort of wage Bullen is on, no doubt he could at least double his wage if he became manager. 

Guest gizowl

There's bound to be grumbles if we lose today, he's left a big target to throw **** at. This managerial situation should have been put to bed before today. 

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

If they lose today DC will get dogs abuse on here later from the plant pots. 

Bound to be a very moans and groans. No manager, no money spent on transfer fees. Hopefully all this will change before Thursday though. Also we won’t lose today!!!!! Come on Wednesday!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

If they lose today DC will get dogs abuse on here later from the plant pots. 

In fairness, he deserves criticism (not abuse though). Going into the season without a manager is unprecedented and a big risk, one that I dont think was necessary.

We've had enough time since Bruce left to appoint and additionally be active in the transfer market, hopefully we will win and it will be academic, but if not,  reasonable to question why we were unprepared for the season and the buck stops with DC. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

I think you have to look at the manager at the time along with some (not all) of the other player who were bang average.

True but not only did this player ditch us he left for about 600k which is probably about 5m cheaper than what he should have gone for.

Same with Di Canio. Both good players but absolutely shyte on us 

8 minutes ago, striker said:

In fairness, he deserves criticism (not abuse though). Going into the season without a manager is unprecedented and a big risk, one that I dont think was necessary.

We've had enough time since Bruce left to appoint and additionally be active in the transfer market, hopefully we will win and it will be academic, but if not,  reasonable to question why we were unprepared for the season and the buck stops with DC. 

No he doesn’t. Any blame if it’s coming needs pointing in the direction of Steve Bruce. He dropped us and DC right in the shiite, at absolutely the worst time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

No he doesn’t. Any blame if it’s coming needs pointing in the direction of Steve Bruce. He dropped us and DC right in the shiite, at absolutely the worst time. 

Absolutely, no denying that. But we've had plenty of time to appoint a manager

Guest Ferkorf
4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Couldn't agree more mate, Dc can't win in this situation if we don't get 3 points.

All the fickle fans and we do have lots will say he shouldnt have been on holiday should have brought manager in asap, the same fans would have slated him if we lost and had a new manager in 'he rushed into it'  'he should have took more time making a decision' etc etc

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Absolutely, no denying that. But we've had plenty of time to appoint a manager

History tells you (Bruce Appontment apart) that it takes DC at least 3 weeks to appoint a manager. Bullen starting the season as caretaker was a racing cert from the day Bruce resigned.

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

You are right Bruce did drop us in it and DC is right to consider options. however it is most important part of season and to not appoint a manager until after window opens is a concern. There are options who could do a job and we have been linked with some real nightmare candidates. The club could have made some sort of statement which may have given nothing away but sets out approach which would have helped situation and have said nothing. The likes of saying we are looking for a manager with a proven successful record of manager club sides and we have received over 100 applications which are currently being processed. This would get rid of candidates who have never succeeded at club level and stop Agents trying to foist such donkeys on us and create uneasiness in fan base. I also think they should have indicated some sort of timescale. This is as much criticism of those advising DC as it is of DC but important to keep fans on side. Saying nothing about Bruce situatiiion was correct but in looking for a boss something needs saying.

31 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Couldn't agree more mate, Dc can't win in this situation if we don't get 3 points.

All the fickle fans and we do have lots will say he shouldnt have been on holiday should have brought manager in asap, the same fans would have slated him if we lost and had a new manager in 'he rushed into it'  'he should have took more time making a decision' etc etc

And the same fickle fans will be saying Bullen should get the job if we win.......:ghoulguy:

Guest Ferkorf
13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

You don’t think so? Personally I think social media etc will be full of fans saying Bullen deserves the job if we win. Who knows what will happen and what DC will do. It just all needs sorting ASAP. 

I personally don't think Bullen will get set on. If it was going to be him it would be done now.

I honestly believe something is already in place and is just waiting for Chansiri to return meet the man, handshakes and sign it off.

To be fair regardless of my bet/s which are making me quite one sided, I do find @.....'s story to be quite believable and I can understand why so many people have their eyes on this thread. Especially tomorrow. I bet more people have put money on it than what have already admitted it, then theres the ones who didn't that are dying for this to be wrong so they can come on Monday giving it the big one most of whom are just plain angry they didn't get to the decent odds on time now want to see other peoples bets crash lol

Edited by Ferkorf

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

And the same fickle fans will be saying Bullen should get the job if we win.......:ghoulguy:

Im starting to think we should give Bullen ten games and see if he can hack it. 

I don't see any other credible alternatives.

hearing whispers that Rowett won’t be at the game so don’t go on to meltdown if he doesn’t get mentioned at the game.

too much of a distraction reason been given. Will no doubt have stream of the game.

Edited by ...

4 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I personally don't think Bullen will get set on. If it was going to be him it would be done now.

I honestly believe something is already in place and is just waiting for Chansiri to return meet the man, handshakes and sign it off.

To be fair regardless of my bet/s which are making me quite one sided, I do find @.....'s story to be quite believable and I can understand why so many people have their eyes on this thread. Especially tomorrow. I bet more people have put money on it that what have already admitted it, then theres the ones who didn't that are dying for this to be wrong so they can come on Monday giving it the big one most of whom are just plain angry they didn't get to the decent odds on time now want to see other peoples bets crash lol

Great post. End of the day my only intention in all of this was to try and make people and myself a few bob. When he gets appointed I will be delighted because  A. He’s a decent manager but B. Because most of us will have a nice return. 

If somehow he doesn’t get appointed and at this point that seems almost impossible I will take all the Abbie’s in the world.

Edited by ...