Odds For The New Manager

Guest Arnold
4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Bullen currently 11/1 on SkyBet. He is where the value is. Be amazed if he’s not in charge for Reading. Could even be in charge for the whole of August?

Has to be in charge for 10 games for a payout. 

6 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Bullen currently 11/1 on SkyBet. He is where the value is. Be amazed if he’s not in charge for Reading. Could even be in charge for the whole of August?

If you want to throw your money down the drain. No chance he'll be in charge for 10 matches.

1 hour ago, Bing Cosby said:

Fu*king does my crust in Nixon... I'm beyond even arguing about whether he knows owt or not, I just wish he wouldn't exclusively post in f*king vaguites!!

Can you imagine being his wife?

Mrs Nixon- "What would you like on your sandwich Alan?"

Nixon- "It could be a day for corned beef, people will be surprised when it comes out"

Mrs Nixon- "So do you want corned beef then?"

Nixon- ''''Ham and cheese is still in the running, not sure if egg mayo has ruled itself out, lots going on behind the scenes...''

Mrs Nixon- " Oh FFS!!! Just make it yourself, you fat ba*tard!!''

You’ve won Owlstalk for the day. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

If you want to throw your money down the drain. No chance he'll be in charge for 10 matches.

Given what Nixon’s tweeted today about us not being prepared to pay the next manager in charge anywhere near what Bruce was on then it looks like it’s Bullen’s job to lose at the moment?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Just now, Sticky belly said:

Since I read that Hughton was on £500k a year at Brighton, I have become hopeful we can get him. At the end of the day money talks and if we can pay him what Bruce was on then it would be a difficult one for him to turn down....

You'd think he would consider even half of what Bruce was on or three quarters of Bruce's wages, if we can afford it, then it's a no brainer. The only other proven managers, with a similar record at this level currently available, are all past it.

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Given what Nixon’s tweeted today about us not being prepared to pay the next manager in charge anywhere near what Bruce was on then it looks like it’s Bullen’s job to lose at the moment?

I don't see it like that

I'll be very surprised and disappointed if he's in charge against Reading

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I should imagine our financial uncertainty would put the 'less desperate' off, it is still quite possible we could get a points deduction if the EFL don't accept our last accounts and the sale of Hillsborough.

Maybe that's why we're in no rush to appoint anyone yet and it's all just a waiting game.

Can certainly see Bullen in charge until this is all sorted out.

10 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think it’s just being a bit more sensible. DC spent a lot on Bruce and probably doesn’t want the same to happen again. Plus, do we know if the compo money arrived? 

11 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I don't see it like that

I'll be very surprised and disappointed if he's in charge against Reading

I really hope you are right but personally I think Bullen will be better in charge against Reading and still think he will get the permanent job :-(

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I really hope you are right but personally I think Bullen will be better in charge against Reading and still think he will get the permanent job :-(

If that was the case, I think we'd have known by now

I've no problem with Bullen as a coach

I just don't think he has the contacts we require to make the signings we need

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

22 hours ago, Slogboy said:

They're not going to post a video of players all looking miserable are they 

Probably been told to look happy n jolly for the vid so when a new manager turns up they can do it for real or look miserable for real. 

I don’t necessarily read this as we are looking to make a cheap appointment but more like we aren’t going to pay anyone 2m per year, which given our ffp issues should be a given. Perhaps the chairman has sounded out the usual experienced merry go round managers and decided he’s not keen. Some cracking young foreign coaches around but it’s going to take some risk and a bit of luck to land the right man we as fans have just got to hope the club make the right choice this time. Ideally I’d like to see a manager come in with an actual blueprint for the club that looks beyond this season. Someone who wants to Stan their identity on the club set forward a plan for the next 5-10 years. For too long we have been looking short term.

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Crazy to give it LB full time.

Who steps in when he gets sacked?! Think about it DC.

agree  for all I think he's stupid he isn't that stupid Bullen is a cheap knows the club inside out backstop ( where I heard that word before?) 

Edited by steelowl