Odds For The New Manager

The club had a nightmare during the 16/17 season. Reckless spending and rushing players back from fitness because we were going all or nothing for promotion. Ever since then we’ve had the worse hangover imaginable. 

I think the pressure got to Carlos, there was so much expectation around the club. It was pretty intense. 

14 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Only if we adopt Shaolin Soccer kung-fu style methods :ph34r:

giphy.gif WTF::ghoulguy:lol

bl*ody chinese copying us again    the kung fu 'not now kato' tackle was in fact invented by Hutch 

the pile in take everything out corner was mastered by the one and only Derek Dooley and latterly deployed by megson and  the great reda 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Standidno said:

The way Bullen speaks tells me he knows he’s getting the gig. 

Catastrophe imo but will back the lads all the way. 

Heard a few say this,  think we’re all a bit guilty of reading too much into things

Don’t see it personally 

8 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Yeah I agree with that, he sounds like he knows the job is his and is planning for the Reading game. Massive massive mistake if he gets it. Would rank as one of DC’s poorest decisions and there have been a few in his time with us. 

What do you want him to say !!?  of course he’s planning for the Reading game !  He ain’t gonna say ‘well we’re not bothering to think about Reading incase there’s a new manager in’

I’d be surprised if Bullen has had any communication from Chansiri other than carry on until you hear otherwise. He is acting manager for the time being so of course he’s going to be preparing for the Reading game until he’s told it’s his or someone else’s job.

He is acting manager so he needs to act as manager. 

He'd be a poor appointment even though apparently he "knows the club", which seems to be an argument for why we should go for him. 

Happily, we can infer from the fact that he hasn't yet been given the job that Chansiri doesn't fancy appointing him.

25 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yeah I agree with that, he sounds like he knows the job is his and is planning for the Reading game. Massive massive mistake if he gets it. Would rank as one of DC’s poorest decisions and there have been a few in his time with us. 

Really?

He is the caretaker and preparing for the Reading game as he is expected to do.

You constantly put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

Ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Standidno said:

If he was getting the gig, wouldn't he have got the gig already?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Really?

He is the caretaker and preparing for the Reading game as he is expected to do.

You constantly put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

Ridiculous. 

Lets see who is in charge for the Reading game. Maybe maths was never my strong point but sensible decisions don’t seem to be one of DC’s strong points. I would love us to have a quality manager in place for the Reading game but there seems no urgency with anything when we are this close to the season starting. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Lets see who is in charge for the Reading game. Maybe maths was never my strong point but sensible decisions don’t seem to be one of DC’s strong points. 

Yes, but Bullen might be in charge as the caretaker.

That doesnt mean he's the permanent manager.

Christ on a bike. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes, but Bullen might be in charge as the caretaker.

That doesnt mean he's the permanent manager.

Christ on a bike. 

You don’t think it’s important we have a permanent manager in place well before the season actually started. We will be starting the season on the back foot as it is and with the transfer window closing soon we needed a manager in place to asses the squad and decide where improvements need to be made. Yes we unexpectedly lost Bruce but the main priority of DC should have been to replace him ASAP. Derby lose Lampard, they replace him with Cocu the day after for example. There never seems to be any urgency from the club 

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I still think that dropping Lopez who was having a great run in the team, for Hutchinson, was one of the reasons we didn't turn up

I think not having a clue how to approach a defensive set up of a solid two banks of four (the old ruin arsenal's day routine) was the reason we didn't turn up.

a solid defensive set up of those two banks of four, or at times even a defensive m/f 5 stopped out 'tiptap'.

tiptap stopped, no other thought in head other than , tiptap it more.

As I’ve said a few times ... I think a lot of the frustration is understandable because of the situation were in but I think what’s making things worse is there’s absolutely no way of second guessing the chairman

Local press, Sky , Nixon , that ridiculous betting odds market ..   there all pie in the sky 

If Chansiri has a number 1 target he will wait to get that man, and it could well be Hughton he’s trying to sell it to 

51 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

He is acting manager so he needs to act as manager. 

He'd be a poor appointment even though apparently he "knows the club", which seems to be an argument for why we should go for him. 

Happily, we can infer from the fact that he hasn't yet been given the job that Chansiri doesn't fancy appointing him.

I 'know the club' can I have it next?

• Haha 2