Who's the next manager going to be then?

Well It's a shame we missed the boat on Steve Clarke as he'd have been my favourite by a mile.

Hughton is the obvious choice, for his experience of getting teams out of this division, low-drama style of operating and simply being a nice bloke who's bound to impress in an interview. As others have warned, we'd have a job persuading him to come in given our transfer predicament, but he might well relish the challenge.

If the Cowley brothers turned down West Brom then there's no way they'd come to Hillsborough with the current financial situation. There aren't many other managers in the lower leagues who are obviously deserving of a shot at the second tier - Gareth Ainsworth maybe?

If it's not any of the above then I wouldn't be surprised by the obscure foreign coach route - Roland Nilsson would cheer up the fanbase after being jilted by Bruce.

If Bruce had left us a year later I'd be tempted by Heckingbottom but he probably needs to prove himself over a full season at Hibs to clean his record after the Leeds nightmare.

I would doubt chanciri would rewind time and go back to him, but would love to get S.G back in charge. 

If we're after continuity. 

Someone that can work well with nothing. 

Someone who would be able to walk back through the door and hit the ground running. 

For me S.G would be the man. 

Great ifinity with 3 years plus on half the squad still. 

We had great togetherness and team spirit under him. 

Some will say yeah he turned us into a mid table side 13th.

Though that was with the likes of coke, maguire, Nuhiu and the rock n roll Ronaldo Steve may. We have some better quality players here now, so I would have no doubts he'd have us there or there abouts in the playoffs given the chance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hope it's not roy Keane, he left forest to manage again and certainly don't want him 

Stubborn. 

Tactically not great. 

Good at alienating players, fans and everyone around hiim. 

Wouldn't want Mister angry anywhere near our squad. 

We don't have characters capeble of dealing with a manager /personality like him. 

Players like Reach would be running off crying, never to return the first time keano threw a wobbler with him after he ducked out of a 50/50 challenge. 

1 hour ago, Andysowls said:

All o’er that Stendel:Chansiri:

Would be interesting, done well, has promotion on his CV and we know Barnsley are a selling club. 

Lacks the experience needed to guide DC though and would need am experienced  DOF type also  especially considering we have no CEO now. 

Hughton is the more obvious candidate. I don't know why but he just leaves me a bit ambivalent. 

Problem is, we gave Bruce the control he asked for and now need to put more off field structure in place to support a new manager. 

15 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Cowley brothers, still, always, forever. :ph34r:

if Bruce goes, then this would be a interesting move.

I think if Bruce goes we'll struggle to get anyone of his calibre or anyone suitable to replace him. The next best thing to someone proven like Bruce would be taking a risk on someone in the Lower Leagues genuinely on the rise to build something with. I just hope we don't go down the same route of unknowns like Carlos and Jos though but that would regrettably seem the most likely thing we'll do if Bruce does go.

Edited by The Night-Owl

7 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

if Bruce goes, then this would be a interesting move.

I think if Bruce goes we'll struggle to get anyone of his calibre or anyone suitable to replace him. The next best thing to someone proven like Bruce would be taking a risk on someone in the Lower Leagues genuinely on the rise to build something with. I just hope we don't go down the same route of unknowns like Carlos and Jos though but that would regrettably seem the most likely thing we'll do if Bruce does go.

Well to a degree, I couldn't blame DC if he did, if Bruce goes, because he tried the expensive, experienced manger, backed him in alot fo ways, then kinda got screwed.