Who's the next manager going to be then?

Not advocating it and he’s recently got a job back home but I wouldn’t put it past Chansiri to get Carlos on the phone to see if he fancies it. Built a close relationship and DC wanted to keep him before a combination of poor results and Swansea interest put him in a difficult position. Nothing surprises me with Chansiri anymore could go down the foreign route again but personally think we need someone similar to Bruce with the experience and ability to command respect, Hughton is the standout. 

18 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

So the names mentioned so far

Out of work

Chris Hughton

Gary Monk

Gary Rowett

David Moyes

Steve McLaren

Ian Holloway

Sam Allardyce

Mark Hughes

Nigel Pearson

Alan Pardew

Tony Puliss

Gary Megson

Martin o Neill

Roy Keane

In work

Cowley Brothers

Daniel Stendel

Paul Cook

Alex Neill

John Terry

Slovisa Jokanovic

David Wagner

Like Hughton,Holloway and Cook out of that lot.

Bruce has put the foundations in place, for whoever takes over, as Gray did for Carlos. We need somebody who can build on that, and not insist on bringing in all their own players Nobody wants a rip it up and start again policy, least of all DC

I could see the merits of putting Bullen in charge for the time being Three weeks from the season’s start, continuity is important, and Bullen will be aware of what Bruce was trying to build. He’s a safe pair of hands, and it gives the club a chance to take stock, without rushing into a bad appointment. 

34 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

So the names mentioned so far

Out of work

Chris Hughton

Gary Monk

Gary Rowett

David Moyes

Steve McLaren

Ian Holloway

Sam Allardyce

Mark Hughes

Nigel Pearson

Alan Pardew

Tony Puliss

Gary Megson

Martin o Neill

Roy Keane

In work

Cowley Brothers

Daniel Stendel

Paul Cook

Alex Neill

John Terry

Slovisa Jokanovic

David Wagner

The smartest options out of those would be in no particular order Hughton; Jokanovic, Cook, Alex Neill, Stendel and the Cowley brothers. I'd avoid the rest.

Edited by The Night-Owl

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I could see the merits of putting Bullen in charge for the time being Three weeks from the season’s start, continuity is important, and Bullen will be aware of what Bruce was trying to build. He’s a safe pair of hands, and it gives the club a chance to take stock, without rushing into a bad appointment. 

Need a new manager before the season starts though we cant afford another bad start 

Theres no way I'd give him the job permanent but would keep him at the club 

4 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Yeah because Carlos and Jos had quality CV's.

Big varied CVs and novel writing skills are a recurring theme so far during DC's appointments during his reign. That's why Stendel might be a dark horse worth putting a bet on because of his classic epic novel writing skills... :ph34r::ghoulguy:

Houghton seems a sensible choice and a quite likely one 

Chansiri probably approached Bruce, because Hull beat us at Wembley ... Houghton has taken a team to promotion, at our expense too

Terry would be an interesting gamble. Tyrone Mings was a marauding / headless chicken of a left back, before JT got a hold of him.

Now Mings is a £20mil+ Premier League centre back

Assuming Chansiri doesn't go back to Doyen / Paxo for someone like Avram Grant post-445-0-67216800-1450371830.png