Who's the next manager going to be then?

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I think Hughton is a good Championship manager but has struggled when it comes to the Premier League. Brighton played some good football in the Championship and he knows what is required in the team to get out of the Championship. Two promotions out of the Championship and another play off finish shows he has a good Championship pedigree.

He's a good manager and similar to Bruce in some ways. It could work in that sense. But my doubts would be due to how stale things went at Brighton, there seemed no fight, passion or plan B once things started to go wrong. Also I read that, he's older than Bruce but with less experience, is that right? I'd personally rather someone we could build with over a coupe or few years. Someone on the rise, with fresh ideas and a forward thinking appointment. Bruce was to me the right fit but starting to think we need something different and progressive now.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

He's a good manager and similar to Bruce in some ways. It could work in that sense. But my doubts would be due to how stale things went at Brighton, there seemed no fight, passion or plan B once things started to go wrong. Also I read that, he's older than Bruce but with less experience, is that right? I'd personally rather someone we could build with over a coupe or few years. Someone on the rise, with fresh ideas and a forward thinking appointment. Bruce was to me the right fit but starting to think we need something different and progressive now.

Hughton is 60 while Bruce is 58. Bruce has managed twice the number of games Hughton has but Hughton spent a large period of his time after playing coaching at Tottenham. It did go stale at Brighton although I dont think that was totally his fault but then there were questions about some of his signings he brought in last year. Its a different environment in the Premier League and more so with the increase in quoted transfer fees.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hope DC doesn’t think he has had his fingers burnt with Bruce so will go back to having an Unknown foreign yes man that would never want to leave for another club (only because no one else will want them)

I share the same thought ,  but he has had his fingers burnt tho ain’t he lets be honest 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hope DC doesn’t think he has had his fingers burnt with Bruce so will go back to having an Unknown foreign yes man that would never want to leave for another club (only because no one else will want them)

Absolutely, we saw the difference a proper experienced manager made when Bruce arrived. At this time, so close to the season, needs to hit the ground running. No time to learn the league, also needs manage recruitment quickly in view of the shortened transfer window and be competitive from the off. 

Just now, striker said:

Absolutely, we saw the difference a proper experienced manager made when Bruce arrived. At this time, so close to the season, needs to hit the ground running. No time to learn the league, also needs manage recruitment quickly in view of the shortened transfer window and be competitive from the off. 

100% agree. We need a “proper” manager. Someone that knows this league, someone that players and fans get behind straight away and respect. Someone just like Bruce :-(

So the names mentioned so far

Out of work

Chris Hughton

Gary Monk

Gary Rowett

David Moyes

Steve McLaren

Ian Holloway

Sam Allardyce

Mark Hughes

Nigel Pearson

Alan Pardew

Tony Puliss

Gary Megson

Martin o Neill

Roy Keane

In work

Cowley Brothers

Daniel Stendel

Paul Cook

Alex Neill

John Terry

Slovisa Jokanovic

David Wagner

3 minutes ago, George said:

Who is this Houghton that people keep suggesting? Is Ray leaving TalkSport?

If Ray Houghton took the job, he'd sign straight up for Owlstalk 

NONE OF YOU HAVE PLEEEEEEYED THE GEEEME! 

26 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Yeah, probably my thoughts. Bruce wasn’t my first choice, but he was a steady hand on the tiller, which was probably what was needed. He knew the division, and had plenty of success in it, he was a decent organiser, though not necessarily a good tactician Also, he was well respected in a game, where he had plenty of contacts. 

Now we need someone who can build on the work Bruce has done, and not necessarily, to rip it all apart. If we can bring Hector back, who wasn’t a Bruce signing, we have all the basics in place, apart from a left back maybe. There are probably only the loan signings left for any new man to put his slant on. They were always going to be the signings that gave us a bit of X factor 

A manager who can mould these existing players into a solid unit, plus add a bit of attacking impetus, is what is required