Who's the next manager going to be then?

The choice for us, do we go for an experienced manager similar to Bruce, who has taken sides up from this division. 

Do we take a punt on a master tactician from overseas, like Norwich did, and possibly like the piggies did, with the homegrown Wilder

A third option, is there an untried high profile player, who might have great contacts, similar to Lampard and Gerrard

Edited by gurujuan

Circumstances have to dictate the type of manager we will go for. Who will be available, and of course the timing, three weeks before the season starts Will they work with no money, meaning they will have to utilise the players we have here.  A return for Carlos?

40 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The choice for us, do we go for an experienced manager similar to Bruce, who has taken sides up from this division. 

Do we take a punt on a master tactician from overseas, like Norwich did, and possibly like the piggies did, with the homegrown Wilder

A third option, is there an untried high profile player, who might have great contacts, similar to Lampard and Gerrard

As time is against us, maybe the experienced option has the edge. May need to bring with them almost an entire backroom team and hit the ground running. 

8 minutes ago, striker said:

As time is against us, maybe the experienced option has the edge. May need to bring with them almost an entire backroom team and hit the ground running. 

Would agree, because of the timing issue, but it has to be an experienced guy who isn’t the type of manager who needs to bring in all his own players

It is a right royal clusterf**k !!

McClaren, Hughton, Hughes, Rowett, Pardew, Moyes, Holloway, have all been mentioned, amongst others by posters.

Of the above, Moyes would probably be my choice. Did wonders at Preston and Everton, and although it went pear shaped at Man U, he is experienced.

Holloway  is a bit like Marmite, to many, but I do like him and his enthusiasm, so i would not be averse to him coming in.

Posters have mentioned ex players  amongst them Di Canio and Carbonne. Not sure about those two, but whoever is appointed, time is against them, should Bruce leave.

6 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

It is a right royal clusterf**k !!

McClaren, Hughton, Hughes, Rowett, Pardew, Moyes, Holloway, have all been mentioned, amongst others by posters.

Of the above, Moyes would probably be my choice. Did wonders at Preston and Everton, and although it went pear shaped at Man U, he is experienced.

Holloway  is a bit like Marmite, to many, but I do like him and his enthusiasm, so i would not be averse to him coming in.

Posters have mentioned ex players  amongst them Di Canio and Carbonne. Not sure about those two, but whoever is appointed, time is against them, should Bruce leave.

Moyes record after Man United is utterly appalling.

One concern is that a new manager will need to come in, asses the squad, see what needs improving and then try to bring some of his own players in. This is all going to take time. Something we don’t have with pre season under way and the season only a matter of weeks away. 

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Just not another feckin Luhukay 

Experienced championship manager only please. Monk or Hughton obvious choices.

Wouldn't blame DC if he thought f*ck that, and did appoint a random foreigner, given that when he does try and get an experienced manager, pays him very well, hires who he wants, and backs him, he gets screwed over. 

• Haha 1

I'd rather something more forward thinking than Hughton.

He's older than Bruce, less good and his football is duller to watch.

I'd go for someone on the rise in the lower leagues. Such as the Cowley brothers for example and start doing things properly and building for the future. Hopefully not someone unknown from abroad but someone on the rise over here. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I'd rather something more forward thinking than Hughton.

He's older than Bruce, less good and his football is duller to watch.

I'd go for someone on the rise in the lower leagues. Such as the Cowley brothers for example and start doing things properly and building for the future. Hopefully not someone unknown from abroad but someone on the rise over here. 

I think Hughton is a good Championship manager but has struggled when it comes to the Premier League. Brighton played some good football in the Championship and he knows what is required in the team to get out of the Championship. Two promotions out of the Championship and another play off finish shows he has a good Championship pedigree.

Effectively after its official, after all the restructuring and effort to stay within P&S rules. If we get the next appointment wrong, we could potentially write the season off. That to me leaves us with two options both of which could work. Appoint someone with some Championship experience or build for the future by appointing a lower league manager on the rise. I'd avoid anyone abroad with no EFL experience.