Who's the next manager going to be then?

As I said I don't think he'll go, but if he does personally I'd love us to bring in a wiley old veteran, someone like sturrock as a director of football working alongside an up and coming inexperienced manager. 

Younger fitter legs and modern ideas on the training ground with up to date methods. 

Coupled up with wisdom and experience for both the new manger and our still learning chairman. 

I've always liked Chris Hughton, he is a straight talker and had his teams playing good, winning football. He also had Newcastle and Brighton promoted playing very different styles of football, playing to the different players strengths.

I have a feeling though that Steve Bruce will not turn his back on us and will stay to finish the job, here with his Wednesday team. He'd be on a hiding to nothing at Newcastle, with some of their fans bad mouthing him already. They are a relegation candidate again next season, whereas we could be in for a crack at the top six, or better, depending how confident Steve Bruce feels.

1 hour ago, paddyowl said:

Got to be Mick McCarthy or Tony Pulis, failing that garymegson

I wouldn't be particularly opposed to McCarthy but I've always thought it wouldn't work well for him here, unless we were flying in the league I think the fans would soon run out of patience with his style of football. He'd be much better suited to the pigs and I thought he'd end up there at some point. 

I think Hughton would be the overwhelming choice, but someone told me he's not keen on managing in the north again (and lets face it, as if we'd make an appointment that sensible).

44 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

As I said I don't think he'll go, but if he does personally I'd love us to bring in a wiley old veteran, someone like sturrock as a director of football working alongside an up and coming inexperienced manager. 

Younger fitter legs and modern ideas on the training ground with up to date methods. 

Coupled up with wisdom and experience for both the new manger and our still learning chairman. 

I’d absolutely love Sturrock to come and help Chansiri, someone who knows this club inside out , but I think he’s finished in the game 

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Our best bet is an ex legend who played for the club......

Terry Henfleet. He's the man.

He was endlessly linked with us but we never signed him. Pity, 'cos he was unplayable when he was at Stoke.

6 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Monk's like Rowett. He has a big reputation despite achieving the square root of F all.

A bit unfair.  Hasnt done that badly considering the shithouses he signed up for...  And Swansea took a nosedive after canning him, clearly he wasn't the issue