Who's the next manager going to be then?

12 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Darren Bent has urged Bruce to remain at special club Sheff Wed. Always liked Darren bent, great striker :Sid:

From Bruce leaving us in the lurch for PL riches whilst being hindered by Gibson Fair Play rules to Bent player/manager... Kind of as a philosophical logic to it... :ph34r::ghoulguy:

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

AVB is on stand by, if Bruce takes the Newcastle job. He knows the set up and had been down to the training ground UTO 

From Bruce and his love of cricket to AVB and his love of rally racing, it makes sense in a Wednesday kind of way, though we're probably more likely to end up with some obscure East European with his love for wrestling to be honest...WTF::ghoulguy:

52 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Big varied CVs and novel writing skills are a recurring theme so far during DC's appointments during his reign. That's why Stendel might be a dark horse worth putting a bet on because of his classic epic novel writing skills... :ph34r::ghoulguy:

Meltdown with those colours 

I would want a young manager ,Good eye for young emerging players we could develop and sell if needed. Houghton not sure he would want to come ,Only because he has been in the south all his life ,DC will probably turn to Bullen till he has interviewed future candidates .Who we sign is in DCs hands ,Feel for Chansiri  ,4 weeks before season he has to get a manager in ,Wont be easy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I would want a young manager ,Good eye for young emerging players we could develop and sell if needed. Houghton not sure he would want to come ,Only because he has been in the south all his life ,DC will probably turn to Bullen till he has interviewed future candidates .Who we sign is in DCs hands ,Feel for Chansiri  ,4 weeks before season he has to get a manager in ,Wont be easy.

We can get one, that will be easy, getting the right one, may take more time With less than a month to go until the new season, continuity is important, that’s why I favour leaving it in Bullen’s hands for the time being

• Thanks 1

Chris Hughton is the logical proven sensible choice. My fear is that DC might go for someone obscure from abroad with no EFL experience or little or no EFL knowledge? However, I'm getting a strong hunch, that after the disappointments of the obscure foreign yes man route and now the heartache of the proven Championship experienced manager route. DC might try something slightly different and try the younger manager on the rise in the EFL route? If it's not Hughton, my money would be on the likes of Alex Neil, Daniel Stendel or the Cowley Brothers? :ph34r:

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Chris Hughton is the logical proven sensible choice. My fear is that DC might go for someone obscure from abroad with no EFL experience or little or no EFL knowledge? However, I'm getting a strong hunch, that after the disappointments of the obscure foreign yes man route and now the heartache of the proven Championship experienced manager route. DC might try something slightly different and try the younger manager on the rise in the EFL route? If it's not Hughton, my money would be on the likes of Alex Neil, Daniel Stendel or the Cowley Brothers? :ph34r:

Worked a dream for Norwich

We could do with a few more signings before the season starts. Who will decide who we bring in? That’s why for me we have to have a new manager in within the next week. Give it to Bullen until we have a new man in place but I really hope we don’t give it to Bullen or the Steve’s on a full time basis. 

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Cowley Brothers come across as two future top coaches ,We need someone with ambition .

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Think any promotion push needs to be fueled by quality loan signings, it's vital we have somebody with good contacts such as Bruce had.

Actually, someone with better contacts than Bruce had

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Think any promotion push needs to be fueled by quality loan signings, it's vital we have somebody with good contacts such as Bruce had.

Very good point. We need a manager like Bruce that players want to play for. Someone that can attract players to the club. We don’t need someone like Jos that players have never heard of and won’t want to play for. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Apart from when he was at Newcastle 

• Haha 1