Who's the next manager going to be then?

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Worked a dream for Norwich

Yeah that's Norwich. We're Wednesday and we've got DC. We don't seem to do things logically or sensibly. We took risks and it never worked, we finally took the sensible option and have now faced the heartache of being ditched just as things seemed like going forwards.

The next appointment is crucial because we're in danger of having to play catch up and having to write off another season before having a go for it. Hughton would be the most logical and sensible option but long term a younger on the rise EFL manager might be the different option that finally clicks? Short term another Bruce like appointment in Chris Hughton would be brilliant and the least upheaval sensible way of going about it.

But like I said, it might just be me getting the wrong signals or something but I have a strong hunch or feeling, DC will try something different. Maybe following the trend of a well known inexperienced young former international level player or like I suggested a younger on the rise in the EFL manager. My money would be on Alex Neil who seemed to be speak favourably about us last season (if I'm not mistaken) and seems well thought of in the League, Daniel Stendel whom we'll probably be aware of due to being at Barnsley and the way they raced to promotion ahead of some bigger clubs or the Cowley Brothers who seem to be making a name for themselves.

Edited by The Night-Owl

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Very good point. We need a manager like Bruce that players want to play for. Someone that can attract players to the club. We don’t need someone like Jos that players have never heard of and won’t want to play for. 

Not sure we need a plethora of loan players tbh.

A first choice left back (leaves palmer nowhere, but oh well) and a first choice defensive mid, and i think we're good.

Maybe a bit of depth out wide, but we have Harris, Nando, Reach and Lee can play wider if need be.

Surely Stobbs needs to step up to the first team or move out soon. He's 22 now, it's time.

So I'd be happy with someone who can get the best out of what we have. Even if i've never heard their name before in  my life.

36 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Tony Pulis or Chris Hughton please. Is jokanovic still available? 

According to Wikipedia Jokanovic manager of Qatar club.

Chris Hughton my first choice

Stendel second 

but Pulis or even Meggo on a 1 year contract would make me grin 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

If we now have millions to spend I would try and get someone like Arteta, or a similar person who is considered to be the next big thing in coaching

Not a bad call, I just think Bruce has showed the benefits of experience in the championship. And we need someone to to steer Mr C and advisors with a strong diplomatic hand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

If we now have millions to spend I would try and get someone like Arteta, or a similar person who is considered to be the next big thing in coaching

I guess you haven't seen the accounts yet ?

:Chansiri:

6 minutes ago, No 5 1984 said:

Not a bad call, I just think Bruce has showed the benefits of experience in the championship. And we need someone to to steer Mr C and advisors with a strong diplomatic hand.

Yes it must be someone experienced like Hughton, Allardyce, or someone who is the next big thing. 

No stand out candidates on that list, with possibly Hughton, the best of a bad bunch Would like it to be somebody who plays the way Bruce wanted us to play, as we are quite a long way down the road, in terms of preparation

Why gamble? 

We have Bullen at the club who can continue the work Bruce started.  Get a coach in alongside Bully and see how we go. Worst case scenario is we are bottom 3 after say 15 games.  If so, then spend the dosh to get another manager in. Whoever is in charge there is virtually no chance of going up or down - we are a solid mid table team, as we have been for 2 years.

• Haha 2

Just now, mcmigo said:

Why gamble?   We have Bullen

Because while we all love Bullen for his commitment, he's never shown an ounce of managerial ability.

We actually have a pretty solid squad across the board. Should make the playoffs as is, but with an addition or two could be right up there. Why on earth would we squander that by putting someone in who has basically no experience and has never looked like they could do the job full time.