Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

If he did go, I would hope we keep some dignity about it. Yes, it's sickening but that's the nature of modern football. The way the Villa fans acted was childish and disrespectful. Let's show some class, whatever happens. We want him to stay but if he goes, sadly that's football nowadays. Really hope he stays and turns it down if he's offered it. For the first time in ages we appointed the right man for the job. Losing him would be a massive blow and potentially a season defining destroyer. Especially if we return to a Jos-like scenario.

1 minute ago, Adam1867 said:

Maybe so, he is much more experienced now than back in the Ipswich days and early Sunderland days. And lets not forget he has won this league before taking Sunderland from a dreadful position to winning the title. 

I haven’t forgotten Sunderland but you only have to listen to him now to see he hasn’t changed. He gets jobs as the angry no2 now.

4 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Maybe so, he is much more experienced now than back in the Ipswich days and early Sunderland days. And lets not forget he has won this league before taking Sunderland from a dreadful position to winning the title. 

I haven’t forgotten Sunderland but you only have to listen to him now to see he hasn’t changed. He gets jobs as the angry no2 now.

9 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

I like Roy Keane, he is brilliant as a TV pundit with his scathing comments on Pogba and other Man U players.
But just has not go the man management skills to be a successful manager especially in modern football where you cant bully players anymore. 

2 minutes ago, newbster said:

Concerns me, VG Tips has been ITK before. 

I didn't think it would happen, but if it does, will be disastrous. Sure, there are other good managers out there but Bruce was the right fit, at the right time. A steady, experienced hand needed to guide DC, off the pitch as well as on it.  

At a crucial point in rebuilding, reliant on the loan market, this could seriously balls up our season, considering we were reliant on Bruce's contacts and reputation. 

We could conceivably be left with just  Bullen and Weaver, with the season only weeks away, assuming the other Steve's will follow and players confidence no doubt taking a hit, after all the work done since February.

If it does happen, hope we maximise compensation and DC learns from past mistakes re obscure managerial appointments.i sincerely hope it doesnt though as difficult to identify a replacement without compromising the attributes Bruce has.

At the end of the day Bruce has come to us with his hands tied. Chansiri said he could have whatever budget he wants. He hasn’t got that. We are still under embargo.

His boyhood club calls it’s a no brainier for him. Absolutely devastating for Wednesday but this is what happens when you have top managers at your club.

Kick in the teeth.

Newcastle definitely making an approach for him I am hearing. Think reports he has agreed a deal are premature as only back in country today. 

Seen odds at 1-5 and some firms pulled plug on betting. SB has friends who like a bet so could be precautionary.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not seen any abuse on here towards Bruce at all

The opposite in fact

Concern is understandable, but remember football is more to some than life or death.

This thread is proof that perspective and rationale are in short supply.

Expectations for the future are high, so to some this will be the of their world for a week or two.

• Like 1