Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

3 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Mike Ashley will NOT pay the compensation.

His attitude is that SB should resign.

SB will not resign. 

MA will start looking elsewhere.

Exactly this, he’s gone behind the clubs back. All these dirty tactics have been to save some money. 

Why would they have not just simply made a formal approach to the club? Funny how the media is contradicting things about it, because everything from the Newcastle end is “agreed” “approached” “£1m compo”. But our end it’s “no official approach” “£5m compo”.

Because now Bruce has told Chansiri he wants the Newcastle job they probably thought it would leave his position untenable, leaving Chansiri no option but to sort something out, but the little guy is possibly the most stubborn bloke on the planet and in most situations it’s a weakness of his but today it’s a strength because he won’t get taken for a mug and have his pants pulled down by Newcastle. 

If Bruce walks I would imagine chansiri would make it legally impossible to walk straight into the Newcastle job. Bruce would be in limbo, Newcastle would appoint someone else. Would be daft to do that.

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If Bruce walks I would imagine chansiri would make it legally impossible to walk straight into the Newcastle job. Bruce would be in limbo, Newcastle would appoint someone else. Would be daft to do that.

This, DC isn't someone who strikes me that would take sh*t lying down

35 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

If there is no truth in this and it was never going to happen, then it really is bad form on behalf of the club not to come straight out and quash the rumours once and for all.

DC has bought shares in Owlstalk

Owlstalk has bought shares in SkyBet

Garrido has got someone at Sky to run wild with some fake news

Makes no financial sense for any of them to put this to bed.

lol:Chansiri:

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

DC has bought shares in Owlstalk

Owlstalk has bought shares in SkyBet

Garrido has got someone at Sky to run wild with some fake news

Makes no financial sense for any of them to put this to bed.

lol:Chansiri:

Aye, and they're all running a betting syndicate on the side. lol

Newcastle United are being made to look like a fooooking pub team through all this. Can’t even get a deal over the line for a championship manager. Bruce can’t be looking at this and taking much encouragement about future transfer deals. 

Keep going DC, you’re proper showing up that two hat Mike Ashley. 

19 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not too sure he’s asking for anything more than is in his contract, how could he ? 

Think the situation is Newcastle don’t wanna pay a penny 

We're all just speculating as it is anyway. But for the sake of argument, if £5m is in the contract, but Newcastle will pony up just £3m, it might be wiser to take that and move on.

For what it's worth, I'd be surprised if a rolling one-year contract would be tied to a £5m comp. Also quite possible that DC shot himself in the foot a bit, for going with such a short-term deal (something that quite possibly would motivate an in-demand manager to go elsewhere). But even that is speculation I think, as DC said he doesn't publicise such details - unless he did in the case of Bruce, and I missed it. 

4 minutes ago, bobness said:

We're all just speculating as it is anyway. But for the sake of argument, if £5m is in the contract, but Newcastle will pony up just £3m, it might be wiser to take that and move on.

For what it's worth, I'd be surprised if a rolling one-year contract would be tied to a £5m comp. Also quite possible that DC shot himself in the foot a bit, for going with such a short-term deal (something that quite possibly would motivate an in-demand manager to go elsewhere). But even that is speculation I think, as DC said he doesn't publicise such details - unless he did in the case of Bruce, and I missed it. 

Sky reckon its 1m don't they!? 

14 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Because now Bruce has told Chansiri he wants the Newcastle job they probably thought it would leave his position untenable, leaving Chansiri no option but to sort something out, but the little guy is possibly the most stubborn bloke on the planet and in most situations it’s a weakness of his but today it’s a strength because he won’t get taken for a mug and have his pants pulled down by Newcastle. 

Typical Thai ;-)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

For all we know Chansiri just said no and Bruce said ok. 

As as I said we know fizz all 

I'm 99% certain DC said NO ...I'm 98% certain, Bruce twisted his ankle stamping his feet :biggrin:

Edited by sherlyegg

A Toon fan that ain't bonkers WTF::ghoulguy:

• #2579 by Infinitely Content on 12 Jul, 2019 19:32
  • I don't think it will be Bruce. Odds getting 'slashed' doesn't necessarily signify anything of substance. If interest was there, I feel Ashley would expect Bruce to resign in order to take the job rather than pay Sheff Wed their compensation. Bruce seems to have a good relationship with the club and their fans so I hope for their sake and ours that this rumour doesn't amount to anything, and I don't suspect it will.

People concentrating on Bruce’s compensation... what about Agnew Clemence and Strudwick 

And completely disagree in terms of Chansiri letting him go for less than his contract states so as not to have an unhappy manager, we owe Newcastle absolutely diddly squat they think they can bend the rules because there a ‘huge’ club 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

People concentrating on Bruce’s compensation... what about Agnew Clemence and Strudwick 

And completely disagree in terms of Chansiri letting him go for less than his contract states so as not to have an unhappy manager, we owe Newcastle absolutely diddly squat they think they can bend the rules because there a ‘huge’ club 

There was a tweet posted earlier that mentioned the compensation would go up for Clemence and Agnew as well, then if Strudwick were to go, that would add a significant extra lump on it

18 minutes ago, darklord said:

Sky reckon its 1m don't they!? 

That was the original figure bandied about. But I can't imagine that figure would present an obstacle, as anyone poaching a manager knows there's comp involved. 

If £1m is a sticking point, that's quite embarrassing for Newcastle. 

Edited by bobness