Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Blimey.  I remember reading in Dad's Daily Express it was now 50p a pint in London.  I thought they'll never get me down there at those prices.

TBF, I'm talking about central London. Someone already said it was a fiver a pint in Newcastle centre, I think most big cities are the same in the centres.

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

5 quid a pint in the centre of Newcastle these days so must be even worse in London. 

London prices are a bit of a myth. Back street boozer prices are decent. Drink at the Ned etc, and you will pay top $. 

5 hours ago, Offside_Owl said:

"Steve Bruce is facing nine months in the managerial wilderness after Crystal Palace won a temporary High Court injunction yesterday, stopping him from leaving the club without serving his full notice period.

The order, which could have wide-ranging implications for the game, will run until a full three-day hearing on 14 January. Bruce, however, might be prepared to stay on "gardening leave" on full pay until 1 August next year rather than fight the case then. His counsel, Jane Mulcahy, told the judge that this was because of the legal costs involved in going to trial and because Bruce did not want his Crystal Palace colleagues to have to "wash their dirty linen in public" in court.

Yesterday's decision will have significant knock-on effects, not least at Birmingham City. Bruce has already tried to tender his resignation to the Palace chairman, Simon Jordan, in the expectation that he would move to St Andrews. Jordan refused to accept it and Bruce was removed from control of team affairs. Steve Kember, his assistant, and Terry Bullivant, the coach, have been put in cerateker charge."

Ah.....

well, yes.... you might have a point 

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Knowing the mindset of East Asians which is largely based on face and trust, if Bruce has approached Newcastle behind DC's back, there will be no future in their working relationship. If that has happened, Bruce might as well go.

whatever's happening, DC shouldn't stand for no nonsense, deserves respect from Bruce (for the respect he showed him when appointing him) and doesn't deserve to be messed around by Newcastle or Bruce

12 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

£4.50 Guinness / Fosters

Craft beer - name your price....

Craft beer is like the emperors new clothes. Most of it is absolutely minging.

Ashley thought he was going in for a pint of Fosters but turns out DC stuck a brew dog label on it.

6 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Blimey.  I remember reading in Dad's Daily Express it was now 50p a pint in London.  I thought they'll never get me down there at those prices.

I was in a theatre in London about 2 years ago, at the bar I ordered a pint of lager and a coke (my wife doesn’t drink). Whilst I was there I said “I might as well order the same for the interval”

I optimistically pulled a £20 note out of my wallet and he came back from the till and said £22.

The same round in the Lyceum is about £11!!!

In the same bar, there were champagne corks popping right left and centre. It just makes you wonder what some people do for a living.  

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Apparently it was never on according to this bloke. Media stir up. 

If there is no truth in this and it was never going to happen, then it really is bad form on behalf of the club not to come straight out and quash the rumours once and for all.

6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, what If Bruce had it written in his contract that if Newcastle asked for permission to speak to him we had to agree to it.

If that's the case then is their anyone to blame here.

Even if that is the case, if Ashley don't pay the compensation then he ain't going nowhere, DC is more of a hard c*nt when it comes to negotiations than Daniel levy

22 minutes ago, steelowl said:

indeed but it is ours  NUFC can disintegrate for all I care  a lot of time and cash have been spent supporting SB so far how much of that is down the toilet is up to DC to quantify 

Despite the damage caused by Bruce's departure, there is a limit to how much DC can reasonably expect. Further, if Bruce wants out, then perhaps it's also in DC's best interest to see him off. 

By all means, try and collect as much as you can from the Toon. But if it's in everyone's best interests for Bruce to go, it doesn't pay for DC to play hardball to the extent it torpedoes the move.