Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

4 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

honestly I cba mate if i had to pick a side ide go with the guy who lectures and dose work for newspapers not an accountant whos a wednesday fan  

hahahah, he doesn't do work for news papers, he's only shown up about 6 weeks ago, and if by newspapers you mean the Star, well I've already explained why you shouldn't take the word of anyone who works for them. As for the teaching bit, I shall leave you with  Bruce Lee quote "A teacher is not a giver of truth, a teacher is a guide who points the way to the truth each student must find for themselves"

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

382k views on this thread, sheeeesh lol 

wonder how many of those are repeats though :rolleyes:

300k of those must be mine. It’s like virtual water boarding..... lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

hahahah, he doesn't do work for news papers, he's only shown up about 6 weeks ago, and if by newspapers you mean the Star, well I've already explained why you shouldn't take the word of anyone who works for them. As for the teaching bit, I shall leave you with  Bruce Lee quote "A teacher is not a giver of truth, a teacher is a guide who points the way to the truth each student must find for themselves"

hes a lecturer..jesus mate did this guy bang your missis or something lol..the star approached him to do a peice on our finances..hes worked at the uni a while i think..

also great generalization of a noble profession paraphrasing bruce bloody lee lol..shame your teachers gave up on you   

Edited by keepitsteel89

3 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

call me a cynic but I wont be asking any accountant I met on owltalk to do my books anytime soon 

No you'll let some dude whose only actual claim to fame is appearing on twitter and being quoted in the Star do it though :Sid:

6 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

look..i am restating what this guy has said hes a university lecturer at liverpool, yes he has a twitter account lo.. but if you want to disprove him thats fine, nothing wrong with that..but you have to actually come up with prove and counterarguments mate.. do you understand that?

like hard facts to back your points up, numbers, screenshots.. come on lol ffs I am no gonna argue with you when your just coming back saying "oh thats not true" or "that lecturer dosnt know what hes on about"

It's publicly available information. If you CBA to look it up that's fine.

It's not rocket science mate. Derby have added £60m to their group debtors at the same time as selling their stadium.

Screenshot_20190712-204907_Dropbox.jpg

Ultimately I see it like this and I think alot may share my view.

If Bruce does go to Newcastle then although I would be disappointed I wouldn't blame him for wanting, even seeking the chance to manage in the premier league especially as it's a club he has always wanted to manage. His club if you will.

And if the move did fall through then I am happy to pretend none of this happened.

He would still have my full support.

However this is based purely on us receiving compensation for him. If he was to resign in order to engineer a move so Newcastle didn't have to pay the compensation in full as he felt that was the only way to get his move then I would lose all respect for him especially after how we accommodated his needs when he first arrived here.

3 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

hes a lecturer..jesus mate did this guy bang your missis or something lol..the star approached him to do a peice on our finances..hes worked at the uni a while i think..

Again, thats my point, hes a lecturer, yet you somehow think he knows more, given that he only has access to the public records, than the SWFC accounts department, the auditors, and the EFL. Is he giving you complimentary reach arounds to big him up on the internet or something? 

3 minutes ago, londonowl said:

It's publicly available information. If you CBA to look it up that's fine.

It's not rocket science mate. Derby have added £60m to their group debtors at the same time as selling their stadium.

Screenshot_20190712-204907_Dropbox.jpg

so you backed my point up!!!!

derbys accounts you can see the money come in rite away!!! WTF is going on here is this a wind up lol

Chronicle still spouting the compo isn’t £5M 

yes it is, not for Bruce alone but Chansiri is demanding compensation for the whole backroom staff 

2 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

so you backed my point up!!!!

derbys accounts you can see the money come in rite away!!! WTF is going on here is this a wind up lol

OMG. You stayed they got "hard cash". This shows they didn't. 

Ours show exactly the same, out debtors increased by £38m, the stadium was previously value at £22m, hence the £60m selling price.

Not only are you not getting this, your level of indignation to people trying to explain it to you shows that its just not worth arguing with you.

BTW, that Kieran fella is the same one that was trying tweeting about the trouble we were going to get into because the accounts were late when he would have known it wasn't true.

He's a sensationalist looking for exposure.

7 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

call me a cynic but I wont be asking any accountant I met on owltalk to do my books anytime soon 

But you'll take the word of a university lecturer who while at times gives some useful insight doesn't always get his facts right.