Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Despite the damage caused by Bruce's departure, there is a limit to how much DC can reasonably expect. Further, if Bruce wants out, then perhaps it's also in DC's best interest to see him off. 

By all means, try and collect as much as you can from the Toon. But if it's in everyone's best interests for Bruce to go, it doesn't pay for DC to play hardball to the extent it torpedoes the move. 

100% agree and hope Chansiri knows when to be sensible, but everything points towards the owner not getting bullied by the big boys at Newcastle and wanting a fair deal for Sheffield Wednesday 

15 minutes ago, s63owl said:

I was in a theatre in London about 2 years ago, at the bar I ordered a pint of lager and a coke (my wife doesn’t drink). Whilst I was there I said “I might as well order the same for the interval”

I optimistically pulled a £20 note out of my wallet and he came back from the till and said £22.

The same round in the Lyceum is about £11!!!

In the same bar, there were champagne corks popping right left and centre. It just makes you wonder what some people do for a living.  

Steve Bruce weren't in was he 

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He's 100% going, there's no way it would drag on as long as this with no comment from the club if he was staying. 

Not going anywhere unless Ashley pays up to be honest 

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He's 100% going, there's no way it would drag on as long as this with no comment from the club if he was staying. 

Even though it took them about four weeks to tell us a player had signed. You expect them to immediately issue a press release on a rumour?

if the club comments and circumstances change they just look daft. Think Richards with Big Ron.

Just now, Royal_D said:

100% agree and hope Chansiri knows when to be sensible, but everything points towards the owner not getting bullied by the big boys at Newcastle and wanting a fair deal for Sheffield Wednesday 

I just fear DC lacks that balance, just as it appears he does on the topic of player transfers (and ticket prices, and the cost of executive boxes, and the cost of replica kits, etc.).

All said and done, pushing for top dollar all the time isn't smart business. 

Just now, bobness said:

I just fear DC lacks that balance, just as it appears he does on the topic of player transfers (and ticket prices, and the cost of executive boxes, and the cost of replica kits, etc.).

All said and done, pushing for top dollar all the time isn't smart business. 

Not too sure he’s asking for anything more than is in his contract, how could he ? 

Think the situation is Newcastle don’t wanna pay a penny 

I honestly don’t even think Newcastle have asked the question, definitely not officially

Ashely doesn’t want to pay compensation for Bruce or likely anyone else