Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I honestly don’t even think Newcastle have asked the question, definitely not officially

Ashely doesn’t want to pay compensation for Bruce or likely anyone else 

So what's the delay on his part? Surely there's an out of work manager that fancies a Premier League gig at a biggish club regardless of the working conditions.

:ghoulguy: I've lost count of all the plot twists but our forum and theirs are hilariously surreal and bonkers lol

• #2558 by Tribesman on 12 Jul, 2019 17:57
  • Apparently Sheffield Wednesday are waiting to see proof of funds from Ashley.

Stolen from Twitter by the way.
  • #2563 by SheikhShearer on 12 Jul, 2019 18:01
  • God I hope Bruce doesn't walk. I read somewhere earlier that even if he resigned, Ashley would still have to pay compensation, possibly due to the fact that they've approached him and discussed terms? No idea. I hope he rejects NUFC and Ashley has to dig through the bottom of the barrel to find some willing idiot to take over.
  • #2565 by Scoot on 12 Jul, 2019 18:02
  • So, various sources say it’s done and dusted, but we haven’t even made an approach for him? Wtf?

Sounds familiar this summer.

Its almost exactly the same as the fakeover.

Various: Steve F*cking Bruce to be appointed as new manager

• #2550 by ToonArmy1892 on 12 Jul, 2019 17:43
    • Redfearne and Dawson be sitting there wondering if they are going to China on Sunday or not  :lol:
    • #2551 by ScottishMagpie on 12 Jul, 2019 17:46
    •  

I'm told there's no change at #swfc regarding Steve Bruce. The club hasn't received an approach from #nufc. Bruce took the Owls training today at Middlewood and has been around the club.@footballheaven

?s=19

BBC Sheffield reporter. Ashley and Charnley are f***ing useless :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If there's been no approach to SW, how have they (NUFC) allegedly been able to talk to him and agree his terms?

That's the question that's been rattling about my brain today......
    • #2552 by JH on 12 Jul, 2019 17:48
    • It’s not unusual for them to give permission to speak to NUFC subject to agreeing compensation
    • #2553 by toontownman on 12 Jul, 2019 17:49
    • So, various sources say it’s done and dusted, but we haven’t even made an approach for him? Wtf?

• #2554 by Thomson Mouse on 12 Jul, 2019 17:52
    • Heard he's having 2nd thoughts down to the reception he'll get off the fans and the 2 clubs can't agree a compo package.

Fingers crossed, be great if it falls through

Possibly something in this one.  :lol: Will find out more. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if a few people had got in his ear and told him some home truths about us.

The fact that he’s taking training etc would suggest he’s had second thoughts
    • #2555 by ToonArmy1892 on 12 Jul, 2019 17:53
    • Well done big Al.
    • #2556 by OCK on 12 Jul, 2019 17:54
    • Amazing this.  :lol: I'm going to turn the ringer on, on my phone just in case. I'm sure I'll be on that list somewhere.
    • #2557 by Rocker on 12 Jul, 2019 17:56
    • Amazing this.  :lol: I'm going to turn the ringer on, on my phone just in case. I'm sure I'll be on that list somewhere.

You're on a f***ing list, like.
    • #2558 by Tribesman on 12 Jul, 2019 17:57

• #2559 by Collage on 12 Jul, 2019 17:58

:lol:
    • #2560 by Incognito on 12 Jul, 2019 17:58
    • Wonder if he’ll put on a strong Geordie accent in his first press conference?

Buzzcocks in as assistant manager.

Blatantly
    • #2561 by chopey on 12 Jul, 2019 17:59
    • Joking aside this is a horror show, I'm totally in the camp that wants as much pain for Ashley as possible. How can we possibly negotiate for players in the limited time we have left if we can't even get a Championship has been? that 14/1 for us to finish bottom looks very tempting just now.
    • #2562 by ScottishMagpie on 12 Jul, 2019 18:00
    • So we've "approached" swfc for permission to talk to the walking cabbage and been that was granted, we've had talks with him but we've not gone back to "approach" the subject of compensation?
    • #2563 by SheikhShearer on 12 Jul, 2019 18:01
    • God I hope Bruce doesn't walk. I read somewhere earlier that even if he resigned, Ashley would still have to pay compensation, possibly due to the fact that they've approached him and discussed terms? No idea. I hope he rejects NUFC and Ashley has to dig through the bottom of the barrel to find some willing idiot to take over.
    • #2564 by chopey on 12 Jul, 2019 18:02

• #2565 by Scoot on 12 Jul, 2019 18:02

• #2566 by LionOfGosforth on 12 Jul, 2019 18:03
    • i'd imagine there'll still be some monitoring to do and a bit of preparing and then some haggling. Might have a manager by September  
    • #2567 by Collage on 12 Jul, 2019 18:10

Yeah, I don’t get it though  The so called takeover was a smoke screen, but this...?
    • #2568 by Conjo on 12 Jul, 2019 18:19
    • Hope they f*** us over on the fee so we can go as long as possible without any preparation or new players.
    #2570 by ToonArmy1892 on 12 Jul, 2019 18:25
    I don't know what Ashley is thinking.

Bruce isn't even guaranteed to do a better job than Redfearne and Dawson, he might aswell just keep things as they are and save on the money.

He is f***ing mad.
    #2571 by Shelvey's Hair on 12 Jul, 2019 18:26
    Maybe the club are trying to scare us into excepting Redfearn  

Who appointed him anyway? seemed to come out of the blue and he was working for Talkshoite.. so Id assume something to do with Wise?

Just now, ANDY said:

So. 

If theres been no official approach. But Bruce knows they want him and he wants to go. 

If Bruce resigns does that circumvent the compo issue. 

Nope, would get very messy and Newcastle would likely get done for illegal approach 

26 minutes ago, s63owl said:

I was in a theatre in London about 2 years ago, at the bar I ordered a pint of lager and a coke (my wife doesn’t drink). Whilst I was there I said “I might as well order the same for the interval”

I optimistically pulled a £20 note out of my wallet and he came back from the till and said £22.

The same round in the Lyceum is about £11!!!

In the same bar, there were champagne corks popping right left and centre. It just makes you wonder what some people do for a living.  

Wrong forum mate.

http://theatreboard.co.uk

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

So. 

If theres been no official approach. But Bruce knows they want him and he wants to go. 

He's under contract. He is not at liberty to take another job until the contract ends or the club agrees.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

So what's the delay on his part? Surely there's an out of work manager that fancies a Premier League gig at a biggish club regardless of the working conditions.

MA is a gimp and nobody wants to work for him, atmosphere is absolutely toxic up there aswell 

Think Benitez has warned anyone worth there salt off 

Just now, ANDY said:

So. 

A Geordie in among the comments I posted said, they'd still have to pay compo, even if Bruce resigns. He found out via Twitter. That said, the Geordies are even more clueless than us and Twitter is the King of cluelessness... So, I ain't got a clue if that's correct or not? :Sid:

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

MA is a gimp and nobody wants to work for him, atmosphere is absolutely toxic up there aswell 

Think Benitez has warned anyone worth there salt off 

To get someone without pay compo, they are extremely likely to be out of work now. There are surely managers that would jump at a chance to manage in the PL even under such conditions. Asley might have to lower his expectations but that would be his choice.

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

So. 

I would expect that if the manager was to resign there would be something in his contract that would prevent him from working for someone else immediately and so would be put on gardening leave. Newcastle wont be waiting around for that to get sorted out. 

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

To get someone without pay compo, they are extremely likely to be out of work now. There are surely managers that would jump at a chance to manage in the PL even under such conditions. Asley might have to lower his expectations but that would be his choice.

garymegson