Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

And completely disagree in terms of Chansiri letting him go for less than his contract states so as not to have an unhappy manager, we owe Newcastle absolutely diddly squat they think they can bend the rules because there a ‘huge’ club 

Sounds nice, but how does it make sense to have a leader (and possibly a Judas) whose head isn't in it?

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2roland2 said:

No amount of compensation will make Chansiri allow it imo. 

It would mate, like everything in football ... everyone and everything has a price 

But the owner will not do favours for MA or Newcastle, his contract states compensation is due and Mike Ashley thinks he’s exempt from the rules 

6 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

A Toon fan that ain't bonkers WTF::ghoulguy:

• #2579 by Infinitely Content on 12 Jul, 2019 19:32
  • I don't think it will be Bruce. Odds getting 'slashed' doesn't necessarily signify anything of substance. If interest was there, I feel Ashley would expect Bruce to resign in order to take the job rather than pay Sheff Wed their compensation. Bruce seems to have a good relationship with the club and their fans so I hope for their sake and ours that this rumour doesn't amount to anything, and I don't suspect it will.

Bloody ell, not bonkers? You think he can resign today and start at Newcastle tomoz?...

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

People concentrating on Bruce’s compensation... what about Agnew Clemence and Strudwick 

And completely disagree in terms of Chansiri letting him go for less than his contract states so as not to have an unhappy manager, we owe Newcastle absolutely diddly squat they think they can bend the rules because there a ‘huge’ club 

A huge club who haven’t won a trophy since the moon landing

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, s63owl said:

I was in a theatre in London about 2 years ago, at the bar I ordered a pint of lager and a coke (my wife doesn’t drink). Whilst I was there I said “I might as well order the same for the interval”

I optimistically pulled a £20 note out of my wallet and he came back from the till and said £22.

The same round in the Lyceum is about £11!!!

In the same bar, there were champagne corks popping right left and centre. It just makes you wonder what some people do for a living.  

Sell beer to mugs in the theatre!

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Sounds nice, but how does it make sense to have a leader (and possibly a Judas) whose head isn't in it?

See your point, personally don’t think the situation will be that extreme 

Bruce is a professional and he’d get on with the job

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really didn’t think this would still be dragging on. Wonder if Bruce will be with the team tomorrow? What a crazy situation.  

Some say he may be at Stocksbridge...unlikely to be at Lincoln.

So it's prob the other way round, or at none, or at both

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Btw if you actually look at the last accounts the Derby stadium sale the money well most of it was not in the bank, it was sat in debtors, so erm exactly the same as we have done 

So erm why did the star put out an article after consulting with a finance expert from a top university saying what I said.. 

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Bloody ell, not bonkers? You think he can resign today and start at Newcastle tomoz?...

Wouldn't be surprised if it's fallen through or falls through, that Bruce resigns but even if he does, he might still miss out on his so-called dream job? Ashley doesn't seem to want to pay up. Some Geordies are now thinking they will just end up with the caretakers/coaches already there.

2 hours ago, londonowl said:

I'm sure if you agree to sell your telly to someone and they never turn up for it and pay you, you wouldn't say you've sold it however it doesn't work like that for companies. If I send you half a million quids worth of stuff and you agree to pay me next year, I've still got to show that half a million on the balance sheet. If you don't pay me then that can be dealt with later but until such a time that it's clear i'm not getting paid, my company is sat on £500k. 

Do you read the papers mate? Did you read my post? I have an economics degree I don't need lecturers from you or references to your company lol..not that the degree is relevant seen as I am restating what a respectable professional has said 

Edited by keepitsteel89

4 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

So erm why did the star put out an article after consulting with a finance expert from a top university saying what I said.. 

Your first mistake is listening to anything the Star put out, this is the paper who had the only reporter in our ore season in Portugal, with access to the club, manager, players and still managed to report the wrong thing :Sid:

• Haha 1

Just now, 2roland2 said:

I’m not so sure with Chansiri. Ashley could offer him 100 mill and just out of pure stubbornness he would tell him to jump lol 

and this time he would be right imo. I think Chansiri values Bruce as his only chance to go up so I do t think he will let him go. 

But then we'll have an unhappy manager whose relationship with Chansiri is in tatters.

Done with this for today, thrashing my head , we’ve now got morons on social media making parody Dom Howson accounts 

Percentage of our fan base are more embarrassing than Jos Luhukays managerial skills