Parachute payments designed to keep about 25 teams in or around the premier league. Same teams up and little movement in teams at the bottom. A closed shop policy to protect supposed big clubs and if any slip up almost guarantee promotion with the uneven playing field.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Money talks though , parachute payments shout the loudest . I was under the impression these payments were to help with current players wages not help to rebuild , it does seem unfair .

I think it's about time we stopped calling them 'parachute payments' as I can see no parachute, and called them what the FL and FA know they are, and call them 'CHEAT AND SWINDLE THE REST OF THE ****ING DIVISION WHILST TURNING A BLIND EYE PAYMENTS'.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Parachute payments designed to keep about 25 teams in or around the premier league. Same teams up and little movement in teams at the bottom. A closed shop policy to protect supposed big clubs and if any slip up almost guarantee promotion with the uneven playing field.

To be fair though plenty of teams coming out of the Prem have steuggled even with these payments. 

Whilst it will be disappointing if Hector goes elsewhere, this time last season we hadn't even been linked with him, and his eventual signing wasn't particularly heralded after he'd spent several seasons on loan at various clubs.

He played well under Bruce, but there are other centre backs out there if Hector chooses to sign for someone else.

Fake account.

I still think he will return.

He's more or less made it clear he liked it here and wants to return.

As long as we sort out the soft embargo and finances or finally sell some players, we'll get Hector back. 

If not, then it's going to be a blow. He'll be hard to replace because of how well he fitted in. Biggest keys this summer for me were keeping Westwood and Bannan, and bringing Hector back.

I trust Bruce and believe we've finally got the right manager but the way it seems, he's hindered by past managers reckless spending.

Edited by The Night-Owl

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

To be fair though plenty of teams coming out of the Prem have steuggled even with these payments. 

the FL and FA should have insisted that championship promoted players when becoming premier league players and RIGHTFULLY having a salary increase, ALSO have a 'reversal' of the increase should they be relegated.

as for players bought in freshly by the club once in 'the premier' (let's say a player is bought for £25m, and paid £60k p/w) then upon relegation that player and or the club decides he's 'too expensive' then a body set up by the FA and FL get the £90m parachute money to 'help' move that player, and others on, by subsiding wages (if necessary), and transfer fee's (to help enable a sale) whilst giving the relegated club a % of any monies left in lieu of the 'initial' £25m paid.

it's not easy, but it's not rocket science, and would look much fairer than the 'shitonthe championship model' presently in place. 

4 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Hector will be a wednesday player, before the start of the season.   UTO 

Hope so... 

Regardless, I trust Bruce and believe we've finally got the right manager but the way it seems, he's hindered by past managers reckless spending, the chairman's stubbornness and FFP/P&S rules. It's just our luck, to finally get a rich owner, to have had clueless managers wasting his money amid poor advice, then when we finally get a proven decent manager he's got barely a penny to spend, due to the rules and past managers spending. :duntmatter:lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dorian gray said:

the FL and FA should have insisted that championship promoted players when becoming premier league players and RIGHTFULLY having a salary increase, ALSO have a 'reversal' of the increase should they be relegated.

as for players bought in freshly by the club once in 'the premier' (let's say a player is bought for £25m, and paid £60k p/w) then upon relegation that player and or the club decides he's 'too expensive' then a body set up by the FA and FL get the £90m parachute money to 'help' move that player, and others on, by subsiding wages (if necessary), and transfer fee's (to help enable a sale) whilst giving the relegated club a % of any monies left in lieu of the 'initial' £25m paid.

it's not easy, but it's not rocket science, and would look much fairer than the 'shitonthe championship model' presently in place. 

I agree but if you look at say Stoke, Swansea and West Brom. All 3 teams have dramatically reduced their wage bills and adapted to Championship level with more realistic signings and the sale of better players. Even Villa had to tighten things up for the last couple of years. If you come out of the Prem with a good team theres always a chance you will do well and go back up with or without parachute payments. 

I agree with your proposals though. They should be used as a parachute and not as a rocket to sign the hottest in form Championship striker for a lot of money. 

• Like 1